Hazard

Replace current Hoth map

What your suggestion is: Replace current Hoth map with one of these because they are much better looking and have more places to visit than the current one.

Scriptfodder/workshop link:
1st. Hoth https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2650308109
2nd. rp_hoth_sw  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2079710631

Any additional information: Current map is also 300MB i believe and these maps are way smaller download  size and probably better optimized. Also made some pictures myself even tho workshop images are basically the same. didnt take alot of images of the first map cause its large and has a dense fog.

1st map: Big map with alot of empty space to use and has a fog thats hard to see far but has a mining camp,a small underground Facility and big Rebel base. download Size is 166MB and some images i made
https://imgur.com/a/I4npqOP

2nd map:  Has a village close to the ship wreck and some small camp with a hole in the middle to fall down to(if you want i guess) and alot of empty space to use for EP's and small rebel base that has a tiny corridor. Base Hanger doors have to be removed by staff because it doesnt have a button to open it. Download size is 22MB and images i made https://imgur.com/a/Tp0KxJp

I personally would like to have the first map accepted, i think its better than the 2nd one cause it is big map and has more places to visit with a larger rebel base. I think Skybox is decent (didnt really check it)

Current Ranks:
CT 7231
Past Ranks:

212th Vice Commander | 212th ARC Colonel | JT Vice Commander | 41st Lieutenant Colonel |  
CE Lieutenant

+1
I like the 1st one, and the fog is easy to remove or lessen by simply placing the fog editor if it gets too annoying.

If they're well optimised for the server, I would love to see them.

Current Ranks:

Founder of The Bois

51 minutes ago, vladetare said:

-1 first map, it's shitty because there's already enough maps that do not enable scout to snipe, we don't need another one I believe

Fog is removable see these pictures in the link.
 1st one with fog editor spawned and some changes to FogStart and FogEnd(when does fog start(set to 0) and end(to any value you choose),
2nd one is just when you spawn fog editor without changing anything in it and it removes like half of the fog
3rd picture is without fog editor being spawned. https://imgur.com/a/ixQ5mo4

Edited by Hazard

Current Ranks:
CT 7231
Past Ranks:

212th Vice Commander | 212th ARC Colonel | JT Vice Commander | 41st Lieutenant Colonel |  
CE Lieutenant

The issue with the map is the fact it's underground completely, from the pictures there seems to be no vantage points or anything, plus it seems for me at least a bit too tight so sniper combat isn't possible unless a mapper adds some cliffs/towers

7 hours ago, vladetare said:

The issue with the map is the fact it's underground completely, from the pictures there seems to be no vantage points or anything,

I mean it is Underground dont remember those ones having any vantage points so idk whats your point here since theres whole outside map with alot of places to fight but i will stop responding since dont want any issues to arise.

Current Ranks:
CT 7231
Past Ranks:

CE Lieutenant

On 1/21/2022 at 11:28 AM, vladetare said:

The issue with the map is the fact it's underground completely, from the pictures there seems to be no vantage points or anything, plus it seems for me at least a bit too tight so sniper combat isn't possible unless a mapper adds some cliffs/towers

Not everything is about Scout.

+1 to Both Maps as they Seems to Be Cool

Current Ranks                                       

• IE Captain
  • IRP Junior Dev
  • IRP Event Planner

Previous Ranks 

• Imperial Head Medical Officer
  • Pyke Syndicate Elder
  • T-RP Administrator
  • CE Colonel
  • Jedi Guardian/Consular

Not every map is adaptable to each reg. You never see IE cry that they dont get to fly ships. Cry more

Current Ranks

Jedi Knight 501st SOF Captain Lord Inquisitor Engineering Corps SFC Medic

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

IRP Administrator
IRP Junior Developer

ISB Agent

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council
Head Medical Officer

DU Spec Ops Captain 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fs15jctajrzabnki0p

Not every map needs to cater to snipers

IRP Ranks
Current
Director of Special Forces
Executive Admin
Lead Mentor
Previous
IC Vice Commander

CWRP Ranks
Current
RC Auxiliary
Security Staff

Previous
RC Vice Commander x2
ARC Vice Commander
CE Commander
Executive Admin
Event Planner

On 1/24/2022 at 11:03 PM, vladetare said:

I understand and I did not say that every map needed to cater the sniper, but most of the map pool or the maps used during events aren't good for snipers

sucks to suck

== Past Ranks ==
Jump Troopers Sector Commander 
212th Vice Commander
Monkey Dancing GIF

+1 

- Current Hoth is a Bit Dead with the only actual good part is the Bunker. (Which isnt really good in itself)
- These Maps look like the Actual Hoth shown in the Movies and look very cool in RP Scenarios
- Main Storyline Useable 🙂