Jack Wasza

442nd --> DU

What your suggestion is:
Reform 442nd Into Doom's Unit

Scriptfodder/workshop link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2637734333

Any additional information:
Despite only briefly, Doom's unit is actually featured on the CW show unlike 442nd. Overall, It is the more recognisable regiment and I would personally say it is more enticing to newer players. Alongside the obvious better equipment and models.

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images up to 440 x 240 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 lines

• View signatures? fuck me

honestly why do people even care if its 442nd or DU they are the same thing just different model and personally i prefer seeing 442nd, also there was a reason they removed/reformed DU dont remember exactly why.

Current Ranks:
CT 7231
Past Ranks:

212th Vice Commander | 212th ARC Colonel | JT Vice Commander | 41st Lieutenant Colonel |  
CE Lieutenant

On 8/5/2022 at 5:58 PM, Hazard said:

honestly why do people even care if its 442nd or DU they are the same thing just different model and personally i prefer seeing 442nd, also there was a reason they removed/reformed DU dont remember exactly why.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) DU was removed on the basis that the hierarchy was consistently inactive and the regiment was failing to fulfil their purpose.
I agree in the sense that 442nd and DU perform the same role and for the most part this suggestion is just a model change. However, equipment did vary between the regiments. The current "special equipment" which 442nd recieves is quite frankly bland aswell or inoperable, like the republic turret and the rare ocassion where the TX-225 will be used. As well as  the fact the 442nd is a "siege battalion" when we don't exactly siege anything.

It just makes more sense to have the regiment feel more accurate to it's actual job role, as it was  just labelled "442nd" to make people feel as if it wasn't a DU knock off and like it was something new to the server.

Edited by Afu

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images up to 440 x 240 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 lines

• View signatures? fuck me

Everytime DU came back there was this HUGE hype for a week and then it kept dying (Because people either tought that they would get a higher rank or would be nice to do what they did before) 

The addition of 442nd was made so that DU wouldnt be back, hype for a week,  and die instantly like it has for like 4 times already. Fresh new Regiment name, new beginning, some new equipment. 

One thing you are right tho, one of the times DU got removed was indeed because of its inactive Hierarchy which was never present at all but the facts remain the same everybody was just done seeing DU keep getting added and removed. 

+1 ,

DU has more unique models than 442nd ( where the models are a recolour of 212th models )

This wont be more by simply renaming the regiment and changing the models, like when the majority of 91st wanted to become GC.

Of course change this if majority of 442nd want it

Past Ranks

Cadet

wf2hj52.gif

+1 

Me and Hazel have some great DU models and also some ones no ones see.
+ The DU ARC models are so much better then the 442nd ones @DarkerBlue

Current Ranks
[ Community Modeller]

Previous Ranks
[SWRP Modeller]
[Discord Staff]

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I was very anti DU being added as a new regiment and was very glad they didn't and decided to go with 442nd instead, it was something new and exciting even if it was reskinned DU with better EQ and no ATTE.

I was also very much against this suggestion when I first saw it but after thinking about it my mentality has changed. Honestly, I don't see the harm in switching 442nd to DU as if its just a model and name change surely the regiment will be completely stable and not die like every other time DU has. The main reason I think this way as its not DU being brought back again its different and has a stable regiment with good people in high places to keep the regiment active . If SMT were to go about this obviously a poll within 442nd would have to occur to see if majority of the regiment wanted this.

With regards to the actual models being changed and the different name, I agree that the models are significantly better and more unique and the name Doom's Unit is cooler and more unique than just numbers and would probably attract more newer players.

I do have one question/concern thought, it probably has already happened before on the server I just have not been around long enough and haven't bothered asking an older player for clarification. Would 442nd switch back to old DU spreadsheet with same blacklist/Hall of Fame? I personally and I know a lot of old DU hate this but old DU died a long time ago many times, and I think it would be better if it was just a fresh start for DU under a reskinned 442nd.

so yea +1 bro

currently au tistic

Previous Ranks:

501st ARC Colonel/Temp Exo

DS Squad Leader F73

CWRP Administrator

Neutral
I liked DU, i like 442nd. Something different and normally everytime DU is in the spotlight their commander does something stupid.. [Not mentioning names; Small] Also 442nd doesn't even have a commander right now while typing this message so its not a great start.

Spoiler

Previous OOC rank
Plat-VIP
Senior Event Planner

Previous IC rank
CT Drill Sergeant-Major
------------------------
CE Captain
------------------------
CG Vice-Commander
------------------------
Battalion  Colonel
------------------------

Jedi Scout

+1
I do prefer the DU's models over 442nd and for the past DU I believe I did find it more unique than the current 442nd - but I can't seem to put words for it. 

Also the 442nd's Repubic Turret needs a buff - only has 2k HP with weak dps while it is stationary.

Edited by Lauritzen

[ CURRENT RANKS ]

CT PVT Lauritzen

[ PAST RANKS ]

CWRP Administrator

501st Legion Lieutenant Colonel

Doom's Unit Commander 

442nd Siege Battalion Commander

RRD Advanced Researcher

74th Advanced Researcher

Suggestions have been moved to discord, if you wish to continue this suggestion make sure to post it on there.

Past SWRP Ranks
CW Grand Admiral, CW Manager,
CW 501st Commander x2, CW ARC Commander,
CW RC OS Squad Leader F61, CW Jedi Fighter

IRP Grand Admiral, IRP Vice Manager