Galliard

Galliard's 3rd Staff Application

Galliards Staff Application (Round 3)

In-game name(s): Galliard/Grayson

Steam Name: Funky

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:526644277

Age when applying: 20 (21 in a week)

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: United Kingdom-GMT

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes.

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 1mo 1w 5d 23h 7m.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: CT Commander - Jedi Initiate - Plat VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: Passed Cadet Training on 19th August 2021 still kicking no breaks yet other then when I'm performing in theatre but normally only a week.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: I use both Discord and TS regularly every day for periods around 2-6 hours~. I maybe go on forums once or twice a week to see if anything new has happened to just to see what's going on.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type !time then open warns menu, and drag the menu so chat is visible with the time):  https://imgur.com/a/FVaU4rn (Playtime) https://imgur.com/a/vCBW6jX (Warns, I couldn't figure out how to disable blur.)

State the role of staff on the server: The primary function of staff is to administrate and moderate the server, to enforce the rules and make sure the players and server able to enjoy their time and be able to play the game without minges or rule breakers denying them of their immernsion. Staff only deal with Out of Character issues such as exploits, Random Deathmatch and FailRP. They must remain bias and go with the evidence at the time to make the correct judgement. 

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?: I have read and familiar with the rules on CWRP and W-G.

List of all previous server staff experience: 

For 2 months in 2018 I was an Event Planner but due to a lack of staff presence I ended up taking claims and doing what I could to help players, I wasn't good but I got me able to understand the basic grasp on the situation.

25th April 2023-2nd May 2023,  I obtained Staff Manager within a small community, while I wouldn't deal with as many claims as I did in 2018, I was able to expand my knowledge and experience enabling me to understand a bit more about how Gmod works in terms of it's [ ! ] Commands, tools, moderation technique's and other things that could help me in the future and save time teaching. I left following a choice to stay and be apart of WG after miscommunication. 

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: I understand and only hope I can receive feedback on what I did wrong so I can improve for next time!

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: I'll check logs to check who the player is damaging, maybe spectate a little or monitor him before pulling both of them into a sit. From there I will investigate and take the appropriate action of the rule break. 

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:  I ask in OOC about a cadet needing training or begin to drag NCOs until I found someone who is able to train the cadets.

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: I will only take action if this was either someone who has a known history of warns and punishments with players or related to RDM/ARDM. People make mistakes and I'll trust CT Hierarchy to deal with the person. If they keep it up and carry on pulling out their weapon I'll then take the correct punishment.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: This is In-Character rule and is not up to staff to enforce, it is more of Battalion/HighCommand to take action on this.Unless the CT in question is showing or having no intent to roleplay I will then be inclined to take action.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules: Failrp is the simple failure to commit to RP. There is no instant in where there is a loophole and any attempt to breach our rules with loops is against the rules. I will carry on handing the claim and deal with corrective punishment and discipline

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: We are no there to have a shouting match with the people in sits. If they fail to allow me to speak I will gag them in game to finish handing out the rest of the punishment and if they really do have a problem to file an appeal on our website.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

=-=-=-=-=

I've always been fascinated and intrigued with the chain of command and management side of any server/place. And Werwolf has been a home to me and I wish to like to give back to the community any way possible, staff is always something I've been interested in, being able to provide and help combat mingery and rulebreakers. I don't have a lot of experience but I know the basics and then some to not be a total newbie, I'm a quick learner and a can do spirit. I've been around for 2years now and I get on well with most people on the server with no real enemies. 

I know my activity's been questionable in the past but my irl situation is changing; I'm moving to a better more sustainable job which will allow me to be more active and much more availability. I have no plans to leave the community or stop anytime soon, there's a lot more I want to do before I quit and staff is one of them and I hope my experience history and character are enough to get me considered. I'm always looking for improvement in what I do and I can take on feedback and if there's issues with my performance as a staff member I will be able to listen and adapt myself to be better. My current goal is to obtain Staff Mentor so I can teach on what I've learnt and help in the training of future staff if I was ever lucky enough to obtain the position.

Thank you for my tedtalk I look forward for the result!

Requirements:

I understand and accept all requirements.