Nathan Dixon

ISD

INTERNAL SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Image result for isd scp

"ISD is a concealed "foundation within the Foundation", a secret police force responsible for filtering traitors as well as operational and information security risks among the Foundation's ranks... The very existence of ISD is usually presented as a myth." - SCP Wiki

Spoiler

ABOUT THE GROUP

ISD is a department within the foundation dedicated to rooting out hostile infiltration and ensuring loyalty among all staff. They operate in secret, and most of their personnel work jobs which would be considered "normal" within the foundation.

ISD has been on the server before and has been focused on combat, especially against CI. This should be expected to change if ISD is added to the server.

ISD focus on 4 goals, among other things:
- Leading interrogation of hostiles wherever it is deemed necessary, in combination with CSB
- Espionage and counter espionage within the Foundation to ensure loyalty among all staff, and to root out infiltrators
- Reporting signs of infiltrators within the Foundation to CSB so they can be arrested
- Compiling evidence against corrupt staff members, and leading arrests on them by CSB

Some notes about ISD, CSB and how things would change:

I have no problem with CSB existing. I think it's better that there is a uniformed wing and an ununiformed wing of internal security, because both offer different benefits. This would mean CSB can focus more on arresting people with better weapons, and ISD can focus on blending in and identifying traitors without being suspected of being armed. 
I don't really care if CSB gets replaced by another similar job like there has been in the past, as long as the concept is still there.

One of the most hated aspects of ISD was how OP their gear was (mainly the CSI swep). In V7, I think ISD should be nerfed from a combat aspect but being given more tools for surveillance and monitoring staff. Check equipment below for more details. As the server progresses, we can see about changing abilities and gear.

One thing ISD should gain is more radios. If you weren't ISD you might not have known this but it was common among ISD players to just randomly steal comms from people and amnesticate them. This was really silly, so I feel it would be better if ISD got a bunch more comms so they know what's going on in the site.

Back in V6 ISD wasn't very fun to play against and was rather broken. Hopefully, ISD will now be still fun to play but also fun to play against. There is a high reward for capturing an ISD agent (information, comms) but ISD is still able to cuff and gunpoint you, so the risk is still present. But it should be more balanced due to no CSI swep or SMG.

ISD will try to be the following:
Small, but skilled and mature.
Not focused on combat, but still viable if they need to make an arrest.
Secret, not making arrests alone and interacting with other departments when possible.

Spoiler

EQUIPMENT

The following changes try to A) Make the job's combat more balanced B) Encourage more passive RP and cooperation with CSB and other security forces.

There will be only 1 job, ISD Agent, with 3 slots. Colour will be the same as security.

Buyable equipment:
- Selection of semi-automatic pistols (only 1 should be bought per life by job rules)
- Restraints

Other equipment:
- Level 4 keycard
- Weapon checker
- Face scanner (should be removed from server ideally... but if it still exists, they should have it)
- Selection of radios: Foundation, CSB, Research, surface (to monitor if, e.g, a reporter gets inside and starts releasing information, or some foundation staff start leaking stuff) (possibly Nu7, E11, Site administration, but those are less useful)
- Ability to apply class A amnestics with /me.

Disguises (command in brackets, to provide tools to blend in):
Basically, every passive role (level 3 and below). If there are more, ISD gets it:
- Service personnel
- Engineer (/isdengineer, gives some engineer tools)
- Senior Researcher
- IT Technician 
- Cafeteria worker
- Medical staff (/isdmedic, gives medkit)
Plus, security officer, this provides some challenge for ISD agents as no security officer would have level 4, as they get level 2. They would have to be careful about showing ID.
- Security officer (the one with pistols) (/isdsg, gives stunstick)

You may have noticed there are fewer combat disguises but more passive disguises. This is to promote less of a combat-oriented playstyle, and more of a passive one.

HOPEFULLY, this will improve ISD and make it more balanced for everyone involved.

Spoiler

MANAGEMENT

Owner - Myself

Manager - Joe Conner

Vice Manager - Unnecessary considering the predicted size of the job.

Spoiler

APPLICATION

The application system is a 2-stage process, in which applicants show their skills in document writing and also decision making in scenarios.

Like pretty much every other job, applicants will then need to pass a 1-week trial and show they are fit for the job.

REQUIREMENTS:

- 1 week of playtime
- Less than 5 warns (all warns have been reset, so it shouldn't be too hard)
- Experience in other WL jobs
- Level 50
- Has not been blacklisted from ISD or CSB
Exceptions can be made in some cases.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Stage 1:
Choose how you apply. It is up to you what you write. Create a document, email, CV, interview, or anything of the like, or combine some if you want. Feel free to use google docs if you wish, or just use the forums.
- It must contain some basic information about your character, their background, and their current position within the foundation. Try and apply as someone who would reasonably be interested in joining ISD and has some relevant experience in the field.
- The more creative you are, and the better you format your work, the higher the chance you will pass. Do not be boring, and only write about things which at least seem somewhat relevant.
- In an OOC section, provide your common RP name, steamID, playtime, warns, and discord name.

Stage 2:
Once you pass stage 1, you will need to fill out a short form providing some scenarios you may find yourself in as an ISD agent. Use common sense, and your understanding of ISD to succeed.
- You have 2 attempts to pass.

Once you pass you will be on a 1-week trial. If you break any job rules, or excessively misbehave on job, you will fail the trial.

Applicants may reapply after 2 weeks if they fail.

Any questions, post below or dm me on discord (zonger55)

Edited by Nathan Dixon
image fixed

+1
Yea could work with being less combat oriented and more focused on passive RP. 

(Since it somehow got removed for lack of rp)

Edited by Joe Conner

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

this job has always died within a week but hey ho

Current Ranks: ICRP Admin

Previous Ranks: Sith Sub-Path Leader, Battalion Lieutenant Colonel, 501st Vice-Commander/Lieutenant Commander, DarkRP Admin, Deathrun Admin, CG Colonel, SCP RP Super Admin. SCP-096, The Serpants Hand, CI Delta, IJAMEA, O5-3. Site Director, GOC, Echo-14, MC&D Salesman, Anderdon Robotics Robot, Sarkic Karcist/Vice-Manager, SCP-1048 (When WL), Head Researcher, MTF E-11 Commander, Ethics Committee, Church of the broken God Maxwellism/Orthodox, Harrow-23 Manager And NU-7

6 minutes ago, Mr Denny said:

this job has always died within a week but hey ho

wdym? If people want to play it they will. If it becomes boring, we will make it more interesting. Any job can be stood around for ages doing nothing, that applies to nearly every job, and sometimes they get work to do. Nu7 stand around pretty much most of the time until a breach happens or CI raid. Same applies to E-11. Do you think that the SD is always doing some RP?

If you only like combat RP, don't play ISD. There will ideally be a mixture of both kinds of RP. E.g. there is nothing stopping ISD from helping with arrests.

+1 (obviously) this new take on ISD is actually quite good 

nerf CSI a bit but dont remove it. 

CSI shot miss = 10 second cooldown so you cant mash it

5 minute cooldown timer it has is more than enough

also joe connor management is no no, get someone from old ISD that is competent 

Edited by Lando Lovelace

i have overdosed 4 times since being banned from scp rp

Job shouldn't be it's own job but should be a secondary role people have alongside their actual character job (E.G: Researcher is also a member of ISD and is responsible for that department) This way it actually polices people with WL jobs and doesn't consist of power tripping children tac cuffing new players for making a mistake. 

If it's a separate job it's actually an RP role instead of a combat job. Giving "Passive" disguises but also giving the job a weapon isn't going to lead to people not joining combat, it's going to lead to people disguising as non combat jobs and shooting raiders in the back because raiders won't shoot non com jobs. It's also going to lead to headaches for Security and MTF because these jobs attract the biggest grebs on the server who are going to start reeing about a Level 15 Security Guard (rightfully) arresting the Engineer with a gun, and ISD is meant to be super sekrit but also assumes everyone should immediately go along with arrests despite them not supposed to know what ISD really is IC. 

Will also lead to CI just gunning non com jobs down because they don't want get detained or shot by one mid raid. 

30 minutes ago, Xunt said:

Job shouldn't be it's own job but should be a secondary role people have alongside their actual character job (E.G: Researcher is also a member of ISD and is responsible for that department) This way it actually polices people with WL jobs and doesn't consist of power tripping children tac cuffing new players for making a mistake. 

If it's a separate job it's actually an RP role instead of a combat job. Giving "Passive" disguises but also giving the job a weapon isn't going to lead to people not joining combat, it's going to lead to people disguising as non combat jobs and shooting raiders in the back because raiders won't shoot non com jobs. It's also going to lead to headaches for Security and MTF because these jobs attract the biggest grebs on the server who are going to start reeing about a Level 15 Security Guard (rightfully) arresting the Engineer with a gun, and ISD is meant to be super sekrit but also assumes everyone should immediately go along with arrests despite them not supposed to know what ISD really is IC. 

Will also lead to CI just gunning non com jobs down because they don't want get detained or shot by one mid raid. 

2 hours ago, Lando Lovelace said:

+1 (obviously) this new take on ISD is actually quite good 

nerf CSI a bit but dont remove it. 

CSI shot miss = 10 second cooldown so you cant mash it

5 minute cooldown timer it has is more than enough

also joe connor management is no no, get someone from old ISD that is competent 

I like this idea somewhat. I feel that it should have some extra restrictions like job rules, i.e you can't use it on someone with a gun out. 

I think if someone can code it, we can consider it for the job if it gets accepted.

I think Joe Conner is pretty competent. I think we should still give everyone a chance at management. If he does well, I don't see why we should replace him. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Xunt said:

Sorry for the wall of text;

I think the first idea isn't the best. You can disagree with me, but I feel logistical issues, especially concerning metagame and surrounding rules, aren't the best. This would be cool in theory, but I don't think it could work on the server. Maybe on a small scale it could work. I could go into detail but I don't want to make this too long winded.

With the bit about ISD just shooting people in the back in a raid, I feel like you are mainly attacking what was the previous form of ISD, with a very strong and pretty much unrestricted CSI swep, and decent weaponry to take down anyone with a surprise attack. I hope that ISD won't become something like this. Even if it does, there can always be a rule to not intervene in raids at all if that helps. ISD shouldn't be a frontline combat role, and I agree with you about the non-combat job bit. However, if it was a raid, CI would be able to shoot anyone nearby considering they are witnesses. 

I understand the bit about security and MTF doing arrests, but if an ISD agent commits a crime and gets arrested that's on them. They should be responsible for not getting arrested and maintaining their own security. 

About people going along with ISD arrests... that's understandable, and is something which drove me to make ISD less arrest and combat focused, and more focused on just gathering intel and identifying hostiles so that they can call in other units to assist an arrest.
One thing in V6 ISD that wasn't the best was a lack of communication between ISD and armed units. They had Foundation comms... and pretty much nothing else. Hopefully, giving ISD CSB comms (or whatever will be on server...) should help communication.

If CI want to gun down any witnesses during a raid, then they can. I'm not the biggest fan of this, but as someone who regularly played CI, I understand that it was common for CI to gun down everyone in a room (even unarmed personnel) because they are witnesses to whoever they shot first who was armed. MRDM? Maybe. But there was no ISD, yet it still happened. I don't think we can stop this without a rule change to who can be shot.

13 minutes ago, Nathan Dixon said:

I like this idea somewhat. I feel that it should have some extra restrictions like job rules, i.e you can't use it on someone with a gun out. 

honestly yeah

isd wasn't regulated and you could do pretty much what you wanted with out consequence so making the job stricter would be better

3 hours ago, Xunt said:

This guy said it better than I could.

Edited by Qas