bathdoge

Steven Ranch's Event Planner app

In game Name: Steven Ranch

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:168213231

List of warns: I've forgotten since the server has been gone for quite a while

Any previous or current staff experience: On other servers than WG I've managed to be a Co-Owner on a DDR-RP server once (Pheonix Networks/Fire Networks), and been an administrator multiple times on other RP servers.

Why should we pick you?(200 Word Min):

Well on this question I wouldn't have it more centered around me but being an event planner is just generally making events on the server that the players would enjoy. The person who can improvise with how bare the old SCP-RP server was and make do with his current resources, I generally think that I have a creative mind and that it brings me a lot of ideas I could implement and use towards the server some may be far stretched and some may be okay but at the end of the day is that I believe I am able to have the creativity for such job. When I have an interest in something I can put in a lot of time and dedication and basically be the guy who's around to help (you can ask around Kvisten about how creative I was around CI when it was barebones with tryna entertain people on playing that job.). But other than that generally I think I'm an average dude who has an average mind can think of a lot of things for events and what not so if I were to wrap it up I think I should be picked for event staff since I'll bring a lot of creativity to the team, I also have a lot of SCP lore knowledge so hopefully that will benefit to the job.

Your event plan:

If I were to come up with one event at the top of my head it'd be where the Server is threatened by some type of entity that has the power to destroy the city, but the twist would be that the Foundation has one part of the entity that can destroy it and the Chaos Insurgency has the other part. This would bring in a moral question between both of the factions if they should fight alongside for the greater good of humanity or die in bitterness against each other till the very end of existence. (This is a rough draft if I were to be accepted I'd modify it a bit more)

Now a second type of event idea that I would have would be where due to the popularity of the IRL alien confirmation senate thing I'd make an event where aliens have crash-landed somewhere on the map and it's up to the factions if they want to befriend them or capture them. If they befriend them they will be able to obtain Alien technology that could give them an advantage for a day against any other faction.

Generally, my event ideas where it would bring all of the factions on the server to choose their path rather than excluding factions and making events only for said factions, I think that's a fair idea of events, and it's a great way to get everyone onboard onto the event.

Neutral

Don't really know you that well

App looks alright but the events... it needs more. It's supposed to be a massive event for when you start off, this just looks likea

>Muahahaha I am a  powerful almighty entity, you will never destroy me
>Mr SD IT TURNS OUT WE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE PART OF THE ITEM NEEDED TO DESTROY THE ENTITY, but the CI just happen to have the other half :c
> Pew pew pew pew save world montage
>End

Edited by Joe Conner

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

Neutral

What joe said

Current Ranks: 

MTF A-1 Agent | CI Reserve Manager | MTF E-11 Agent | HoEA | SCP Staff

Past Ranks:

SCP Moderator | MTF E-11 Commander | UIU Agent | CI Delta | HoEA  | MC&D Salesman |  Nu-7 SGT | GM SOF Colonel | Medic  x2  | 501st SOF Colonel

4 hours ago, Joe Conner said:

Neutral

Don't really know you that well

App looks alright but the events... it needs more. It's supposed to be a massive event for when you start off, this just looks likea

>Muahahaha I am a  powerful almighty entity, you will never destroy me
>Mr SD IT TURNS OUT WE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE PART OF THE ITEM NEEDED TO DESTROY THE ENTITY, but the CI just happen to have the other half :c
> Pew pew pew pew save world montage
>End

Well guess we are too used to having the "special treatment" with special events and whatnot that we've forgotten to enjoy the simple things in life. Nothing on ya just saying sometimes the cliche things aren't so bad, on paper it may sound cliche but the experience and memories matter with the fellow friends and players we make.

Event plan fits with the goals of our plans for V7
I like the idea behind the events

however...

In the application the event team needs to see how competent you are at story writing and story telling. Describing the ideas of the events is just not enough, we don't get to see the finer details, because everything just sounds "meh" when you put it on paper. Giving us a presentation that shows us how you expect the events to go down, step by step is crucial to having a proper assessment of your skills. That can make or break your plan depending on how well it is executed. I do believe that players new to the team should get a benefit of the doubt because after all you still need to learn the ropes, however there was just not enough for me, personally, to give you a big yes. Understand that what you gave us are event ideas, and not an event plan which is what we need.

Therefore - I think you should create the event plan broader, with the progression of the event and all the characters explained in detail cause there is just not much to go off of. Really take your time, my application took around 2 hours including the fine tuning and redeciding. My personal verdict is that you should re-apply with the full event plan, but then again, the final verdict comes from our beloved event manager Eddie.

I would unfortunately have to say -1. Let us see the full plan and I will be happy to +1 you!

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker MovieHalf my characters are satire.

2 hours ago, Klemens Kristiansen said:

Event plan fits with the goals of our plans for V7
I like the idea behind the events

however...

In the application the event team needs to see how competent you are at story writing and story telling. Describing the ideas of the events is just not enough, we don't get to see the finer details, because everything just sounds "meh" when you put it on paper. Giving us a presentation that shows us how you expect the events to go down, step by step is crucial to having a proper assessment of your skills. That can make or break your plan depending on how well it is executed. I do believe that players new to the team should get a benefit of the doubt because after all you still need to learn the ropes, however there was just not enough for me, personally, to give you a big yes. Understand that what you gave us are event ideas, and not an event plan which is what we need.

Therefore - I think you should create the event plan broader, with the progression of the event and all the characters explained in detail cause there is just not much to go off of. Really take your time, my application took around 2 hours including the fine tuning and redeciding. My personal verdict is that you should re-apply with the full event plan, but then again, the final verdict comes from our beloved event manager Eddie.

I would unfortunately have to say -1. Let us see the full plan and I will be happy to +1 you!

In response to this, one thing that I should've added in my app is my youtube video that I created a few days ago here's the link to it 

and I think this can possibly answer your question if I'm good at storytelling.

Honestly for me as an artistic person ideas just come by and I write them down if they're thrilling enough, personally, what I wrote is a general plan on the application because I want to be able to see my surroundings and fully formulate the event. This wasn't an act of being lazy or anything like that it's just I generally don't like putting filler texts just to make my apps look large and it's better to have the idea out there if it's worth a try. Thanks for giving your opinion tough, as my final opinion I'll just say is that we don't need to be too used to big apps all the time and that sometimes in life simple answers give us a large perspective on things. 

On 9/14/2023 at 12:25 AM, bathdoge said:

Well guess we are too used to having the "special treatment" with special events and whatnot that we've forgotten to enjoy the simple things in life

You can do simple events after you do the big event which is to test your event planning and organization skills. d:

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
2 hours ago, bathdoge said:

we don't need to be too used to big apps all the time and that sometimes in life simple answers give us a large perspective on things. 

Fair perspective which I do generally agree with, however, there's a thing such as requirements. This answer you just gave won't cut it, understand that I'm trying to give you a solid critique that will help you if you need to re-apply. The reason we need to see your event plan is so that we can deduce your creative skills. Sure, you sent a video which does show your abilities. However, the application stage requires you to do your event once V7 releases as the final stage of your application. Event staff make documents describing their events in detail, every single stage of it, the exact progression, steps to get the event back on track in case something goes wrong, etc. etc. We need to see a plan like that. I still haven't gone through my application event cause I got accepted at the start of this month so I never had the chance, but I made a full google doc detailing the backstory, the storyline, and possible evolutions of the event, not only cause it was asked in the app, but because I genuinely wanted to prove my competence. Yes, it wasn't the best, and I did modify the plan and made it better with the help of Edward once I got through the interview stage, but the plan, thought and effort was still there. Please create a full plan cause you're going to have to do it anyway sooner or later.

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker MovieHalf my characters are satire.

56 minutes ago, Klemens Kristiansen said:

Fair perspective which I do generally agree with, however, there's a thing such as requirements. This answer you just gave won't cut it, understand that I'm trying to give you a solid critique that will help you if you need to re-apply. The reason we need to see your event plan is so that we can deduce your creative skills. Sure, you sent a video which does show your abilities. However, the application stage requires you to do your event once V7 releases as the final stage of your application. Event staff make documents describing their events in detail, every single stage of it, the exact progression, steps to get the event back on track in case something goes wrong, etc. etc. We need to see a plan like that. I still haven't gone through my application event cause I got accepted at the start of this month so I never had the chance, but I made a full google doc detailing the backstory, the storyline, and possible evolutions of the event, not only cause it was asked in the app, but because I genuinely wanted to prove my competence. Yes, it wasn't the best, and I did modify the plan and made it better with the help of Edward once I got through the interview stage, but the plan, thought and effort was still there. Please create a full plan cause you're going to have to do it anyway sooner or later.

Ofcourse I'll create a script for it, everything needs a script for a nearly perfect outcome. For example that video I linked I created a script for it so it's not like I don't have the experience in such task. Just decided to put these 2 events as a rough draft where I can expand on it further if I were to be accepted within the event team.

On 9/13/2023 at 5:03 PM, Joe Conner said:

Mr SD IT TURNS OUT WE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE PART OF THE ITEM NEEDED TO DESTROY THE ENTITY, but the CI just happen to have the other half :c

"We gotta mass raid for the sake of the WORLD SD!"

Neutral, apps decent, but same concerns as above.