ShadwJock

ShadowJocks 5th or 4th Staff app

In-game name(s): 212th Null arc COL ShadowJock

Steam Name: ShadowJock

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/😞  STEAM_0:0:529842908

Age when applying:  39

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: UK

Can you speak and type English fluently:  I can type

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 2mo 4w 17h 11m.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: 212th Null arc COL and plat Vip

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I don't have a microphone and so I type

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: 24/07/22 and taken no breaks 

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums:

Always on them

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type !time then open warns menu, and drag the menu so chat is visible with the time):

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199019951544/screenshots/

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of staff is to ensure the people on the serving are having fun and enjoying themselves while enforcing the rules on everyone. They help people out by taking claims such as if someone is stuck so they will get them unstuck or if someone is mass RDMing then they will punish the guy to ensure that he aint ruining the fun for the other members of the community.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes i have

List of all previous server staff experience: none

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes I do understand 

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones:

Firstly I would go and spectate the player and then check the damage logs to see if they have been killing people. If they have been killing then I would tp them into a staff sit then tell them what they have done wrong. Once I done that I will warn the play for MRDM to which It could end up banning them if needed . That is if they did kill a bunch of clones.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:

Firstly I would ask if any NCO+ which needs a cadet log and if they do then I would tp them to the cadet. If no one choices they wanna do it then I will tp a random NCO on to do the cadet training

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon:

This doesn't need to be done in an OOC situation of which a staff member will have to sort it out. As i'm sure that people will more than happily say how to put the gun on safety by (shift e r) but if it was a huge case then I will drag the ct out then tell him what he has done , how to do it and then put him back 

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT:

This is another in character situation which only needs to involve a nice quick reminder to salute an 2nd LT+ and if he keeps doing then I will tell CG.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules:

Well not everything can be written down in the rules and it does say to use common sense. So you don't go and take someone's tank and start using it when you don't know how to use it. This can all can be things which can get you warned.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing:

If they don't understand why they are being punished, I will explain to them the situation of what they have done wrong. If they do have any issue of why they are being punished then they can always go to forums to try and fight they case of why they should be punished in that way. Plus I can tell that they can be warned for arguing with staff.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

There are a few reasons why I should get staff. Starting off with ive been playing on the server over 1 year and a half, meaning I am dedicated to playing this server for such a long time and not give up or get bored of it. Throughout this time I have accomplished so much such as reaching the rank of COL which I have been for just under a year. During this I have also reached ranks of null arc meaning I have shown dedication not only to 212th but also arc which i've also been for around 7 months. Throughout my time as arc i've been given chances to prove trust by temping for other regiments to help them out to get back to the original state again. This also shows that I do like to help out other people from the past temping. During all this time i've always been on the server for multiple hours a day which means I can always be they throughout the day to help out. During all the time I play on the server I have made myself well known in this community which I've made multiple friends as I am easy to get along with. I'm also very good at being consistent with my activity and performance during the past year. Since I joined the server I've never been warned or banned meaning I have a somewhat of a clean record for not breaking the rules. This is why I think I should get staff. 

Neutral/+1

- I have known Shadow since my first day on the server and have found him to be a pretty decent guy overall
- As a part of his hierarchy I can confirm he is an active member of the community and consistently performs above the average in his duties as a COL

- Not being able to use a microphone could be a potential set back but tbf he can type pretty quickly
- Grammar issues in places throughout the application. Given your reliance on typing in-game, it would have been beneficial to proofread the application and maybe rewrite a few things.

Good luck lad