Atomik

Are We Cool Yet?

lDisaWM.png.99d5adde4ec66e8cc812e9089640798b.png

Are We Cool Yet?

What is "Are We Cool Yet?"?

Are We Cool Yet? is an artistic movement existing on the fringes of the international avant-garde, with roots in the early surrealist art movements of the late 19th and early 20th century and the growing scientific understanding and study of the anomalous that began to develop during that time. (For one man's account of how the movement came into its own, refer to the contest entry tale "Birth of the Cool".) The movement has no centralized leadership, no headquarters, very few traditions or conventions, and no official membership rolls or requirements - the only thing one need do to call oneself a member is to make art that employs, exploits, or revolves around anomalous objects, beings, or phenomena.

The organization of an AWCY? cell varies wildly from place to place. Many groups are organized into small salons led by a creative mastermind or a professional critic, while others are collectives with no clear leader, and some members prefer to work entirely on their own. In the opinions of some, it is not even necessary to know that the movement exists in order to be a part of it. The tendency of some such groups to produce highly visible public artworks that cause death, injury, or lasting psychological harm has led some to decry the entire movement as a bunch of "art terrorists", a label some of its members wear with pride, some repudiate entirely, and some wear ironically.

The largest and most visible gathering of AWCY? artists in any place or time is "Sommes-Nous Devenus Magnifiques?", a grand exhibition held every ten years since 1874, at which those "in the know" can gather to view and scrutinize a selection of some of the finest works in anomalous art produced over the previous decade. To have a work accepted is considered (by those who care about such things) to be one of the greatest achievements an anartist can attain in a career, and members of cells all around the world petition to have their works displayed.

Purpose on the Server

Spoiler

AWCY?’s Purpose on the Server will be to create Anomalous Art within Ovis City in the hopes of getting a message across. Due to the Art being anomalous, multiple groups will be able to create more RP by handling the creation of such Art. This could lead to much more RP by leading other groups to interact with each other in ways they couldn’t before. An example of such interaction is listed below.

Spoiler

Police Department: The PD would have to keep civilians safe from such anomalies that could harm the public, whilst trying to hunt down AWCY? Artists for creating such Art that hurts the public.

Mobile Task Forces/DoEA: Would have to attempt to contain such Art before the public finds out about it, or other GOIs get their hands on it.

Research Department: Could conduct experiments on the art that is contained by the MTFs/DoEA.

TCS: Would attempt to get their hands on the Art, to either sell it or use it to their advantage

CI: Would attempt to get the Art to use it to their advantage

Broken Church: Would attempt to destroy the Art for going against Mekhane’s Law, and take down the people who are creating such Art.

RNiiAyb2P5NOpg2E7S0AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Jobs/Loadouts

Spoiler

AWCY? Artist:

Skorpion

All Cuffs + Raiding Gear

Climb Swep (Highly Nerfed To Fit Server)

Artist Swep (Explained Below)

Couple Entities (In F4, Explained Below)

Slots: 3

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222388614

AWCY? Professional:

Skorpion

All Cuffs + Raiding Gear

Climb Swep (Highly Nerfed To Fit Server)

Artist Swep (Explained Below)

Couple Entities (More Than Artist, in F4, Explained Below)

Slots: 1

Model: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222388614

Information: "A collective of anomalous artists, or anartists, members of Are We Cool Yet? are capable of either obtaining or producing anomalous objects and entities, and using them to create art installations. These installations are placed for maximum public exposure, and have been fatal to bystanders; the phrase "Are We Cool Yet?" is sometimes present in some way."

Colour: rgb(208, 46, 69)

Sweps/Entities

Spoiler

Artist Swep (All Jobs):

A Custom Swep which will allow Artists to apply anomalous effects to objects/people.  Right Click will open up a menu where you select the effect, and Left Click will apply such effect.  Will have a cooldown of 3 minutes or so.  All AWCY? Artists will be invulnerable to anomalous effects which they have made.  Management will have to talk with SMT to discuss the creation of this Swep and how to make it work.

Artist's Entities(Note: All AWCY? Members Are Immune to these Entities): 

Dance: Plays music and makes people within 15 meters of the anomaly do the Sexy_Dance, and they can only walk and not equip guns 

AWCY? Painting: Joshy's AWCY painting 

Fire Entity: The Fire Anomaly

Professional's Entities (Note: All AWCY? Members are Immune to these Entities):

Dance: Makes people within 15 meters of the anomaly do the Sexy_Dance, and they can only walk and not equip guns

AWCY? Painting: Joshy's AWCY painting

294 Drink: Spawns a Random 294 Drink

1025: Just 1025 Book

SCP 407: Plays a song (preferably https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vgcYBwyw28) and heals anyone inside a radius for 2 hp a second.  If they go over 110 hp, they become a 407-2, a hostile monster that attacks anything it sees with 500 health.

nDYH_2mbjyHtmvpByNGkNVHOgY0iaKokHBGW0aJ0hzzc_afuHfMY0tkX8fYlm9QiEdsQANLQLc8ZOPwKr99CgZFy0w9LeX9GSjk3aoNC4tYLRHsFroIX88MoUiNLqCtAJGb4Zw7L

Relations

Spoiler

CLwm07u74Pf56PrP5tKanIJTE1KXUT9X_ucMWtqAnAq9qku8u_mGrhRchTwuoCJ9RUBtlPX--cgGISLbqqCiFYo5epYI6eQ-htFgAmKNPha8cx2VN1Dfi1RXBkVJsaiqL2QimCQH

Secure Child [REDACTED] Foundation

Hostile

Project Nim": gripping film poses tough questions

Chimpanzee Institution (CI)

Neutral

Yz5qf8ntX6B0JZjcDgBsf5OS5PEFkv30uSiJFRCTJ6sE_tXsd4l3E9ZorcK_jMIgb2N3ij8J3gYBYoZXfmz6qGQyuy1WLBPPWQwQJKhMHfuwTD70bVoGE824LXGBN-8XozLoMErL

Global Occunt Coalition

Hostile

-LTCcur1r4B61BrG5T_uUgx0iOWpyaB5mfPnFrA04VsIFYi_g8dwj1vkz5YlTl4J8ipFWeIUGGByNAUAfGThuZPg4u0QRtrgeBreCG60Al-ff1sJcagf7K5qyqSU-KcMq1Nk6-jT

Marshall Carter & Dark But With DRUGS (Spirit)

Neutral

okokok.thumb.png.e19f17175ec08b55ec2fc6d43ff1e006.png

Church of the Broken Gay

Neutral/Hostile

2Q.png

Management + How to Get In

Spoiler

Owner: Atomik/Blu/Me (Atomik #8221)

Co-Owner: Avery Winters/DLEtna (DLEtna #1630)

Manager: Jonah/roogie (roogie #9396)

How to Get In

There will be three ways of entry, Applications, Tryouts, or Invites.

Invites:  Will be rare, given to trusted members of the community who have shown their RP capacity.

Tryouts:  Will be announced by Management, and will happen whenever management wants.  Will have different requirements than Apps.

Applications:  Template will be below.  Those who apply must have shown their capacity to RP in-game to be considered for AWCY?

Spoiler

Roleplay Name:

Steam Name:

Steam ID:

Discord:

Rank and Time:

---------------------------------------------------

What is AWCY?, and What Do They Do?:

Why Do You Want to Join AWCY?:

Write a Backstory for your AWCY? Character:

20d.png

Note From Management

Spoiler

As Management of this Group, We realize that this job will require much more time than average to be ready, from discussing from SMT to coding.  Due to us wanting this group to be as best as it can, we will do everything we can to communicate with SMT to make this group as good as we can.  Despite this thread being more light-hearted, we want to encourage SeriousRP within this group, and give those who wish to play in a group that requires creativity and good RP skills a place to play (Besides ???).  As Management, we want to make this version of AWCY? as best as we possible can.

Edited by Atomik

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

+1

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images up to 440 x 240 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 lines

• View signatures? fuck me

4 hours ago, Lunar said:

Parkour SWEP (poggers).

Speaking of this, we may remove it if it just doesn't fit on the job.

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

8 hours ago, lmao said:

haha yes +++1111 serious group!! full rp yes!!! 

im all for jokes (hell i live within so many levels of irony i cant tell what is serious anymore) but this is on the level of “haha stinky farts in my mouth!!!!!”.  Please stop (also dont shitpost on the thread, dont want this to be filled up with retards being retards).

Edited by Atomik

Why does a Passive oriented group based around making art need raiding gear? Why do they need a climb SWEP? Do you think people aren't going minge about with the extremely annoying sounding entities?  Could you give an example of the type of RP you're hoping to create with this group?

Just now, Xunt said:

Why does a Passive oriented group based around making art need raiding gear? Why do they need a climb SWEP? Do you think people aren't going minge about with the extremely annoying sounding entities?  Could you give an example of the type of RP you're hoping to create with this group?

Im actually happy you brought this point up

Raiding gear is simply a formality and can be changed if need be, cuffs however, can be used to create art using anomalous peoples.  Both of these however, can be easily scrapped.

The Climb Swep is unfavorable, as I said in a comment, and likely to just be scrapped if this group does make it

Yes, we know people may minge with these entities, which is why we plan to have a strict rule set, along with restricting access to people who are not known for mingy behavior. These entities will be used to create art only, and any use of it otherwise will be not allowed (such as defending an attack), as that will just break the purpose of the entity and be another annoying part of the server.

An example of what we wish to do RP wise with this group is below.

Spoiler

Lets say an AWCY? Members makes an exhibit with 407 song.  The following events may occur (though not necessarily in this order)

Citizens would be injured by the effect of the song, and Police will need to get involved.

Word will spread to the Foundation, making them send up E-11 to handle the situation and contain the anomaly, whilst purging any 407-1s.

SCP-Foundation will have to cover up the event, hiding it from the surface and hiding the anomalous.

GOIs will catch on and attempt to grab it for their own used (CI for creating monsters, TCS for selling, and Church for Destroying).

Foundation/PD will attempt to hunt down the individual that is making this art, and discover AWCY? and investigate the GOI.

Once Contained, Researchers will attempt to study on it, seeing how they can better contain this and how to avoid such a situation in the future.

This is only one example with one anomaly, and many more things may happen.

Thank you for bringing these up.

Just now, Nathan Kennedy said:

I think the cuffs are fine but i dont think raiding gear is really needed for the kind of rp you would want from this group.

In the end you can usually just hire tcs.

I agree, Raiding Gear isnt needed and can easily be scrapped for AWCY?.

20 minutes ago, Atomik said:

Raiding gear is simply a formality and can be changed if need be, cuffs however, can be used to create art using anomalous peoples.  Both of these however, can be easily scrapped.

The Climb Swep is unfavorable, as I said in a comment, and likely to just be scrapped if this group does make it

Why even suggest them then? It just makes you look like you don't know what you're doing and don't know what you want from the group.

Yes, we know people may minge with these entities, which is why we plan to have a strict rule set, along with restricting access to people who are not known for mingy behavior. These entities will be used to create art only, and any use of it otherwise will be not allowed (such as defending an attack), as that will just break the purpose of the entity and be another annoying part of the server.

Every group says this, rarely do they even attempt to follow through with it. You're going to have to stop 90% of the server from playing the job, you'd be better off applying for ??? with an AWCY character.

Hide contents

Lets say an AWCY? Members makes an exhibit with 407 song.  The following events may occur (though not necessarily in this order)

Citizens would be injured by the effect of the song, and Police will need to get involved.

Word will spread to the Foundation, making them send up E-11 to handle the situation and contain the anomaly, whilst purging any 407-1s.

SCP-Foundation will have to cover up the event, hiding it from the surface and hiding the anomalous.

GOIs will catch on and attempt to grab it for their own used (CI for creating monsters, TCS for selling, and Church for Destroying).

Foundation/PD will attempt to hunt down the individual that is making this art, and discover AWCY? and investigate the GOI.

Once Contained, Researchers will attempt to study on it, seeing how they can better contain this and how to avoid such a situation in the future.

This is only one example with one anomaly, and many more things may happen.

This relies on so many what ifs and on other people not being braindead (Protip: They are). Police are just going to ignore you or shoot you. Foundation will do the same. They can't research on it or capture it because it turns you into a monster within 5 seconds of being near it. Same goes for CI and TCS, they can't capture it because in 5 seconds of being near it you may as well be dead. Only Church is going to get any enjoyment out of this and it'll extend to shooting zombies.
Fire anomaly, people are just going to avoid it or ignore it. It was removed from the anomaly pool for a reason.
Drink anomaly, will either kill you or heal you (or will force you to dance non stop) really not much interest there. Also a one time use so not sure how you're going to make an artpiece using it..?
Sexy dance anomaly, is stupid and is 100% going to just cause idiots to crowd around it and ERP. Also no one is going to even attempt to capture this because they're all going to be forced into sexy dancing.
1025 is the only anomaly I can see being used in a cool art exhibit and having some use, everything else is going to be ignored, avoided or complained about for being annoying.

Just make a ??? character involving AWCY, it'll do far better than it being a full on job.

2 minutes ago, Xunt said:

This relies on so many what ifs and on other people not being braindead (Protip: They are)

This one comment is a simplified version of your entire message last message (besides the entities part), so I will respond to this.

SCP-RP doesnt have the brightest people, which is the largest issue that the server faces at this current time.  They dont know how to RP and arent encouraged to, even with WL groups.  This, however, isnt all people.  There is a group of people within SCP-RP that wish to have a good roleplay experience.  Some of these people include new players, and some old.  This shows that SCP-RP has the potential to become a server with good RP, as it once was.  So, why would we have to cater to the people who dont RP?  It is counter productive.  I suggested this group with a goal in mind, that people can have a group to roleplay as/with seriously.  Will RP always go perfectly?  No, it wont.  However, i've had great RP experienced within the past months, which shows that people can and will Roleplay seriously.  Whilst yes, this situation does rely on Ifs, however, all RP does, and doesnt make it any less valid.  Its roleplay, and is to change and evolve, and doesnt have to be the same.

11 minutes ago, Xunt said:

Every group says this, rarely do they even attempt to follow through with it. You're going to have to stop 90% of the server from playing the job, you'd be better off applying for ??? with an AWCY character.

If I wanted to apply as an AWCY? ??? character, I would.  I do not wish to, I wish to have this group on the server as I believe it will help SurfaceRP and give people better RP experience.  And yes, I am willing to permit only 10% of people to the job, as that 10% is still a good chunk of people.  I do plan on following through with my comment, I wish to make this group sucessful, and not just another "meh" group you'd think about every once in a while when thinking about SCP-RP (like CRS).

15 minutes ago, Xunt said:

Why even suggest them then? It just makes you look like you don't know what you're doing and don't know what you want from the group.

15 minutes ago, Xunt said:

-Entity Portion-

As the name implies, this is a suggestion, and things are due to change.  Things that do not work can be removed, and those that will can be added.  A suggestion isn't the final form of a group, as every group has expanded from suggestion, to application, and in most cases, even later down the line.

Spoiler
20 minutes ago, Xunt said:

Sexy dance anomaly, is stupid and is 100% going to just cause idiots to crowd around it and ERP. 

i've actually never seen someone ERP in months, and it was just a joke.  idk if im just missing out, or blind

Denied

Just apply for ??? with a character. I'd add the group to prove a point that it'll be abused and die in 2 weeks because it'd be played by the management and like 3 other people (Like every single Passive RP oriented group added in the past 3 or 4 years) but I'm not wasting dev time to prove a point. We have ??? for people who want to RP concepts like this, apply for that. Heck there's nothing stopping you from getting an anomaly orb and making an art piece out of props as a civ which involves the anomaly, which is more or less the extent of the group. "the only thing one need do to call oneself a member is to make art that employs, exploits, or revolves around anomalous objects, beings, or phenomena"

Adding this would open the floodgates for people abusing, or we'd have to heavily limit the use of entities and SWEPs. Kind of defeats the point of a group based around artistic freedom and expression.