Bread

Map change suggestion

Keeping this short and simple, current map is awful. It has a boring and sad atmosphere which ruins the mood and changes the scene when it comes to roleplaying with the character you make.

I suggest a change to the site-65 map: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1788306202&searchtext=site+65

A few positives of this map are:

+ The size of the map, it can fit so many SCPs and custom offices and rooms that everyone can have their space to enjoy and not be disturbed
LCZ:
+ Large D block WITH a riot gate (security press a button which locks down the D block), enough space for new players to get their levels and for guards to retrieve the D class for testing
+ Dedicated medical offices, no more poor lighting and shoddy looking areas
+ Neat and "sanitzed" looking hallways and crossroads, gives a feeling of an actual modern and working site instead of a 90s freak house
+ Offices and storage areas for security and research personnel, security have their own elevator with an armoury and barracks and the researchers have a lot of rooms to store their research findings and documents

HCZ:

+ Similar points to LCZ, with some added bonuses such as containment chambers for the "core" SCPs and a fantastically SCP-008 chamber (which doesn't require a job, like how it is currently, to get a person infected!)
+ SCP chambers and whatnot, the usual
+ I haven't explored HCZ much, will do in future
+ Nuke room and other similar rooms of high interest

EZ:
+ Proper entrance with a DESK and SIGNS which makes entering EZ look bearable and professional
+ A discrete main gate which is used to enter the site, like what a real site would have

Surface:

+ Large, very large, surface which can hold around five groups of interest if needed, where each group can also have their own corner or area to have as a base. Also many little towns or hideouts for GOIs / Civilians / MTFs to camp out
+ Secret vent thing (which I don't know where it is) which allows for actual INFILTRATION FOR CI

Extras:

+No background noise
+ Clean look to the map
+ Will most likely attract current / new players more because of this large change

A new map will give a refreshing feeling to the people that play on the server, the current map is fine, however it feels boring and tiring to play alongside the current map. 

Give your opinions on this in the comments, thanks and bye

floop.png

+1

Should be trialled for a couple days to see community response as one of the underlying issues currently is that many people are bored of the map currently as it has been around for such a lengthy period of time. 

+1

-Has ventilation system so it is much easier to infiltrate the foundation without having to hack or just wait outside MT/GG just to get facescanned. 

-Map in general is better than the current one.

-Surface is pretty good-

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

+1

Tbh I'm 101% into this, I love this server but I'm really sick of this map, it's so... Idk, derived of life, essence idk what is it but it just feels "meh". 

Altough I doubt this will be added for whatever reason SMT will give (which probably will be pretty reasonable but I still hate it lol) 

Edit:

I made this post originally before falling asleep so I didn't download the map myself, however I did it a few hours ago and I can say for certain that my opinion is still the same, the CCs are awesome (for 076-2 fans, in his CC there is a stone box that actually fits a player inside), D Block is huge having a cafeteria area and a shower area not to mention that it still has an airlock, it also has a Lockdown feature of the map that would be great during a 008-II break out or something like that. Now the surface, the surface for this map is a big rural forest like area with a bunker and a few houses scatered around, nothing much to talk about, however which really stands out is the entrance to the facility which looks amazing with some watch towers, interrogation rooms and etc...

P.S: This is a VERY short version of the entire map as I couldn't remember everything exactly (even tho I explored the entire map).

Neutral

My opinion still stands that this is a great map but after reading Xunt's reply and giving it a second tought I decided to change my opinion to neutral

Edited by Melo Samue

I agree, the present map is boring and it's pretty small. The suggested map seems wonderful but the reason I believe it shouldn't be changed is to the fact that it focuses on the Foundation mostly. I worry for this new map, it would get rid of a lot of surface jobs including the government jobs such as police, swat, mayor and civilian. Not just that, the map doesn't show any areas where The Church of the Broken God can be put and one of my biggest reasons I say no to the new map suggested is due to it seems to remove the one job I spend the most time on which is MC&D. I don't see where MC&D could be put in as for there is no club or anything else like that.

This map seems to benefit mostly the foundation jobs and nobody else. The new map could lead to the removal of Church, Serpents and possibly GOC. Unless you have ideas of where the GOI's could base, the new map could lead to the removal of most surface teams.

By the title, I was like "Oh this is going to be an insta -1 huh?".  I was wrong.

I downloaded this map for myself.  I will breakdown the map section by section, its fucking huge.

To see an indepth breakdown, go to the other pages.

My verdict is a +1, it will be a large task, but perfect for a new map (V7 confirmed)

Spoiler

inb4 people saying surface isnt big enough for some ungodly reason.  This is SCP-RP, not SurfaceSCP-RP

Surface:

image.thumb.png.65c3d96882d98f8b461640a7e30dbc73.png

First, Gate A is probably the best ive ever seen in any SCP Foundation map.  It starts off with an checkpoint from the outside that has towers and defenses.  They also have an empty room and an interrogation area for those sweet war crimes.

image.thumb.png.ac54cc985a5fd120f82a4bd1bac49625.png

This is a perfect place for Nu-7, as it allows them to guard in a more open area (and not sit inside all day).  This is only the beginning.

image.thumb.png.24b560e06baf883d35438a5202c873aa.png

It leads into a garage, which has an elevator system that goes down into EZ (which ill get to in it's own section).  The gates can be controlled by Left and Right click respectively if you are accessing the camera system.

If you follow the road, you can enter the village, which is 4 houses huddled together, with some lights around it.  For reference, below is what most of the houses look like inside, with minor variations.

image.thumb.png.9eaf4c22ff589c605163ea289d495d37.png

There are two more houses, one by a frozen river (which actually fucking slides you, the future is now) and one on a hill.

Next is the bunker.  It has an entrance, and once you enter, it has 4 rooms.  These rooms consist of a bunker, an cell area, and an empty room.

image.png.fa70e10e4c6667be725086c7c53cc6fd.png

The rest of the map is land and forest, perfect for hiding, creating unique structures, or having fights in.

How will this effect the surface?

Firstly, it will be much less dense, and make you feel like you like in a rural area, with weird shit going on.  You will not always see people as its not a dense city.

However, this has some kinks that would need to be fixed.

First, the PD will definitely have to be either in the bunker or within a custom built building in the village.

Second, spawn locations can be different for every group, as its such a large surface, a lot is possible.

Civ models will likely have to be replaced, along with OCPD.

Speaking of OCPD, the name will probably have to be changed.  I say something in the Oregon, as Site-64 is near Portland and this is Site-65, but this is just my opinion.

Spoiler

There is also an area where you can be teleported into the Foundation by using the ventilation system, but that is a secret 🙂

Entrance Zone

I will use only a few pictures here on out, as it would be too many pictures.

image.thumb.png.e8b58cec58eb6ba46db489108a57932b.pngThe actual entrance to the entrance zone is after the Gate.  You enter a lobby by going down two elevators (that work well), with a desk that has another gate behind it.  This is honestly a really good looking lobby, enjoy the look from my ultrawide.

After passing the lockdown gate, you enter the first floor of EZ.  I will list EZ floor by floor.

Floor 1:

Cafeteria

Bathroom

Storage Room

Elevator (F2

Floor 2:

Medical Center

Breach Shelter

Glass Room (empty, can be turned into whatever)

EZ/LCZ Checkpoint

Elevator (F1)

Elevator (F3)

Offices

Floor 3 (Authorized Personnel Only, so probably CL4+, maybe Nu-7 and Security allowed in too idk)

Electrical Center (Note: Each sector has their own and does the same thing for their own sector, except EZ, which has cams

Bunks (fine for Nu-7 or something)

Spoiler

Electrical Center has cameras to access the following:

HCZ - 096 Pit

HCZ - 3 Way Connection

LCZ Checkpoints

LCZ - Four Way Connection

LCZ - Class-D Block

EZ - Lockdown Gate
EZ - Offices

Entrance Lobby

Facility Garage

Surface - Facility Ventela (vent place)

Electrical Center can control the following (All in one room, HIGHLY recommend that this is behind a Clearance 4+ lock)

Lockdown

Tesla Gates

Primary Lighting

Nuke Room (should be CL5 for obvious reasons)

Server Room

Meeting Room

Office (Likely for O5s)

Also, Omega Warhead and Alpha Warhead, for when killing everyone is the goal.

LCZ Is also really nice, ill just list the shit here

LCZ
- Class D Block
-Showers
-Cafeteria
- Testing Chamber
- Security Sector (which is great for security, its like really fucking good)
- Armory
- Barracks
- Big empty room
-Toilets
- Couple of smaller rooms, good for containing anomalous POIs and the like
- Electrical Center
- Decontamination Room
- SCP-914
- SCP-173
- SCP-012
- Room for Item SCP's
- SCP-1162 (doesnt work from my testing)
- SCP-457 (which has a sprinkler system very nice)
- SCP-860-1 (which has its own dimension, thank you very cool)

- Other rooms for other SCPs or something

Overall, it looks complicated, like much of the map, but is really simple if you explore.

Heavy Containment Zone

- Electrical Center
- Misc Rooms
- Decontamination Room (looked on the Steam thing, its apparently for 008)
- SCP-966
- SCP-079 (weird but ok)
- SCP-049
- SCP-008
- SCP-096
- SCP-682
- SCP-106
- SCP-106's Pocket Dimension (decided to add here as its not actually in HCZ lol)
- SCP-076
- SCP-939
- SCP-035
- Misc chambers for other SCPs

Overall, pretty cool, very yellow

Misc. Shit

Admin room
Admin Room 2 but it has controls for shit like nuke so dont put people here lol

Admin Room Again (in all of these the map maker has put his logo and steamid, easy blocked by a plate lol)

insert all my fucking wls here so i can prove i have worth in life

Earlier today I was really horny, and I saw what I thought to be a blank dvd. I thought, DVDs have a tight hole, they might feel pretty good. So I put my soft pp into the hole of the DVD, and for a few seconds as I started getting harder, it felt pretty good, but then, once I was fully erect, it started being painful. My pp was stuck in the dvd, and I had to break it in half to get if out. It was then when I flipped the broken dvd over and realized that it was not a blank dvd, but a copy of the movie UP. Well guys, guess I fucked up.

6 hours ago, TheScarletKing said:

it would get rid of a lot of surface jobs including the government jobs such as police, swat, mayor and civilian. 

+1 I really like this map for most of the reasons atomik stated.

I think it would be a good switch up that may help renew the same crusty moldy rp that has been driven into out heads over the past couple of months.

And if it flops we can just turn back.

I am here to launder money

Finally, a map that is actually better than the current one.

I love this map with a passion. Pretty much everything in this map is better than the current one.

+1. Nothing more, nothing less.

+1

I really like the map but personally from what I remember its always night, which is annoying and a bit weird(especially for people on the surface thats gonna be wack), as well as the surface being rather empty, which means there is little room for the GOIs the server has now

Cons:

I know this is not surfaceRP but i still think there should be some more building for GOI to base in , for example this map would be the end of mcnd as there isn't any club or club like structure for them to base in.

The map is WAY to big for this playercount , I think it looks great but a lot of rooms should be remove cause they are unnecessary , there are 2 big rooms containing 6 glass cc (like the one for 457) that will never be used.

Too many elevators , there are around 9-10 elevator around foundation (some in areas that lead to CC's , imagine 682 taking the lift to breach) , also if you are in HCZ and need to reach the SD office that will take you quite a while.

Pros: 

Literally everything else 

Vent to enter facility making infiltrations maybe a bit too easy but better that than MT killboxes

Big fat entrance gate instead of a door in a random ass subway

HCZ - LCZ - EZ stucture making more sense since why would you put the dangerous SCP's near the entrance 

D-class showers for some good old ERP

Just the general look is a breath of fresh air compared to the previous Versions that have been a rearrangment of where stuff in foundation is 

Already implemented camera system that changes the entire screen of the player that's using it (like regular toolgun cameras) that even let you control Checkpoints and don't lag the server 

In short:

The map is really good , unfortunately the creator doen't allow for people to modify it and I think that for it to be fit for this server it would need some modifying (surface for one).

That said i would take this over any other possible V7 that is just a rehash of foundation structure that's barely different than the one we use now 

Edited by Fayne™

+ 1

We've seriously need a map change for a while now and this is good to shake things up. Yes surface jobs would probably need a bit of a tweak, but as far as I can tell, this map will work well for the server long term. 

Edit: Changed to Neutral.

After reading about @Xunt's opinion on switching maps, I feel like I've jumped the gun on wanting a new map. Yes, having a new one would be beneficial too us, shake it up a bit, however I realised that we can't just take a map from the workshop and slap it onto the server. The map needs to built for our needs from the ground up most likely. 

I'm still all for a new map, like everyone else, however I think it should be tailored to what the community needs the most instead of replacing it with an entirely different one. 

Edited by Jonathan Knights

While this is undoubtedly a very nice map people need to understand that the current map is rooted in the way the server functions. The map has evolved with the server over what has been a 6-7 year time period, and is vital in the way the server works and plays. It isn't as simple as just changing the map and moving everything we have currently over, this map would mean:

-Server would feel very empty at less than 40 players due to the map size
-Surface GOIs/Civs/PD would have to be re-worked/removed entirely
-Internal Departments would need to be re-worked (Not much point in HoEA/FA/Scout if there's nothing on surface)
-Parts of the map will simply go unused due to the size (This happens on our already small map with 939/049)

Now this is all fine if the playerbase is ok with it hence the community meeting on Saturday. But everyone needs to realise this will change the fundamentals of the server (Which I'm not opposed to) and large parts of the server will be gone, namely GOIs and surface. Surface will practically be gone entirely with the absolute focus being on internal Foundation RP. There'll be maybe 2 GOIs at absolute most (And that'd be Chaos Insurgency + 1 other), very little for civilians to do and probably no PD.

4 hours ago, Xunt said:
Spoiler

While this is undoubtedly a very nice map people need to understand that the current map is rooted in the way the server functions. The map has evolved with the server over what has been a 6-7 year time period, and is vital in the way the server works and plays. It isn't as simple as just changing the map and moving everything we have currently over, this map would mean:

-Server would feel very empty at less than 40 players due to the map size
-Surface GOIs/Civs/PD would have to be re-worked/removed entirely
-Internal Departments would need to be re-worked (Not much point in HoEA/FA/Scout if there's nothing on surface)
-Parts of the map will simply go unused due to the size (This happens on our already small map with 939/049)

Now this is all fine if the playerbase is ok with it hence the community meeting on Saturday. But everyone needs to realise this will change the fundamentals of the server (Which I'm not opposed to) and large parts of the server will be gone, namely GOIs and surface. Surface will practically be gone entirely with the absolute focus being on internal Foundation RP. There'll be maybe 2 GOIs at absolute most (And that'd be Chaos Insurgency + 1 other), very little for civilians to do and probably no PD.

I am by no means a map editer, never will be. But isn't there a way to implement the surface we have on the current map into site65? 

Maybe even optimizing it by removing useless parts of the map aswell? Making the map a bit smaller in the process? Also a possibility of making a test server, or even running the map for a week. Seeing how the playerbase enjoys it? I mean man-made bases & clubs shouldn't be a problem? Not sure but hey, it's worth a shot.

3 minutes ago, Kian Raanvik said:

I am by no means a map editer, never will be. But isn't there a way to implement the surface we have on the current map into site65? 

Maybe even optimizing it by removing useless parts of the map aswell? Making the map a bit smaller in the process? Also a possibility of making a test server, or even running the map for a week. Seeing how the playerbase enjoys it? I mean man-made bases & clubs shouldn't be a problem? Not sure but hey, it's worth a shot.

Cutting in real quick pls no bully

Short answer; Yes.

Long answer: Eh, not really.

The problem is that you're taking a pre existing map and editing it to fit your own needs. From my point of view, good on paper but annoying to do in practice. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm shit at map design, it takes more than just a few snips to make it work. In addition, I may be wrong on this part as well, if the orginal mapper doesn't want us to cut away at their map, then we'll be at square one looking for a new map. 

I'm not entirely versed on editing pre existing maps and repackaging them as you're own. I know that theres 50 bigcity redesigns but those involve serious amount of redesign to the orginal map which makes it different. The same can be done here but we might as well make the map from the ground up. 

22 minutes ago, Kian Raanvik said:

No, that would take a brutal amount of time, not to mention, it wouldn't work at all. You would need to change the Foundation entrance, make the whole surface either become snowy or un-snow everything, and other shit. 

Maybe even optimizing it by removing useless parts of the map aswell? Making the map a bit smaller in the process? 

How would you do that? The best I can think is just to block off area's on the map, which even then, you still have that piece of that map, just not useable. 

possibility of making a test server, or even running the map for a week.

Test servers will cost money, and unnecessary amount of time for no reason, as they'll have to re-code everything, for nothing. Running the map for the week also runs into the issue that they have to re-code everything. 

Edited by Johnwickisblak

chrome_7H3a7Ltrjc.png

1 minute ago, Johnwickisblak said:

No, that would take a brutal amount of time, not to mention, it wouldn't work at all. You would need to change the Foundation entrance, make the whole surface either become snowy or un-snow everything, and other shit. 

How would you do that? The best I can think is just to block off area's on the map, which even then, you still have that piece of that map, just not useable. 

Test servers will cost money, and unnecessary amount of time for no reason, as they'll have to re-code everything, for nothing. Running the map for the week also runs into the issue that they have to re-code everything. 

Just my opinion chill. I get that but it's just an idea. & I wasnt implying paying for a test server, use the server that W-G currently has maybe?

+1  
The map doesnt have to be fully reworked, but, it can be improved, as it follows=

More enterable buildings.
More balconies.
More Windows to buildings.
A way to climb upto the hospital roof.
Another level to the hospital which will lead to the roof maybe.

+1 / Neutral 

Well, id love the idea of a new map, I'm sure it will spice the roleplay up with new and interesting areas to explore. 

But not Site_65

It would be cool to use a custom made map like the previous versions have, but I'm afraid if it was to be custom made it would be the same shtick, surface for like 4 jobs and a couple GOIs, foundation as per usual and that's it, granted I like the map already but I'm sure if we had a new map it would definitely give new ways to improve RP situations and new areas for people to explore. 

I would suggest adding, if possible.
-  Set CI base location

- More housing estate

- Snow :3

- Other (Fair and reasonable) features mentioned prior to this post

That's what I think.

The map cannot be edited as the author, Kevin Energy, has stated he does not consent to it being edited.

"- No, I don't give out my VMF for this map
- No Reuploads or Edits of this map, Reuploading this map in any kind of way will get you a DMCA.
- This map is made for Public use, so you may use this for your server
- Map name is rp_site65"

While it's a great map, it is simply not as tailored to the server as the current map. Even if the map were perfect for what the server needs, we would run into the problem that noone can edit the map (As is tradition with all versions of the server) without the VMF file from the map creator. That would lead to the map, sooner or later, running into similar problems as the current one.