kenopsia

Medical Rework

Today we had a discussion on discord about how a medical rework could be beneficial to the server and would add RP.  I compiled some ideas on a google doc here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y6c4tYYGN3VItlDHFXC6rwSPdBV0NhWujAgpHUDES00/edit?usp=sharing

To summarise, 

Medical Hierarchy similar to researcher

Give medics a defibrillator swep (will have its own rules to prevent abuse)

With an organised medical hierarchy medics will be encouraged to do RP and actually use the medbay by doing check-ups and other interesting RP scenarios.

Please check out the google doc for a more detailed explanation for all points

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

Didn't Xunt promise a medic rework smh

+1 but please don't create 500 errors with the addition 🙂

SCP-RP Positions

Sarkic Owner
24/02/2021 - 25/07/2021

20/02/2021 -> 22/03/2021

Senior Moderator
22/03/2021 -> 17/04/2021

Administrator
17/04/2021 -> 01/05/2021

Lead Group Manager
1/05/2021 -> 26/10/2021

Senior Administrator
1/05/2021 -> 12/06/2021

Executive Administator
12/06/2021 -> 26/10/2021

MC&D Salesman

Site Director

SCP-096

Head of Manufacturing Department

Head of External Affairs

Unusual Incidents Unit Agent

Internal Security Department

Sarkic Thrall V5

Sarkic Karcist/Owner V6

MTF ZETA-0 Agent

Head of External Affairs V5

O5-3 like 3 years ago for 30 mins but i was demoted for erp with the HoEA 😞

other jobs i forgot 😞 i hope you enjoyed my signature

lgm.png.5c6d7668f422d2ac047c73ac4d97598a.png

+1 but it won't get accepted unless the addon works or if they decide to code it.

oh also if this death system get's implemented paramedics slots will likely have to have job slots buffed + get new shit added onto it.

To add to this (even though there's no dev for it) the death system should work something like this:

1) Once you die you have a one minute window where you can't respawn and just lay there (nlr zone would be then reduced to 4 mins)

2) After that you can respawn like usual or you can choose not to and wait and hope for a medic to come , after 3/5 mins you are auto respawned.

3) You should be able to pick up a body and move it , and for example make the regular medics not be able to revive unless they are on infarmary bed , and make the combat medic or the head medic (if added) be able to revive in the field but they come back with like 10hp

4) One revive per life , if you die again you just respawn (regular 5 min nlr , or one minute laying down and then respawn)

5) Have some sort of way to permanently kill someone and not let them stick around , maybe shooting at the body or clicking on it when on the ground (or just stab him) this is to avoid situations where CI has killed an high profile personnel and then they need to run away and cannot wait the 5 minute cooldown to make sure he stays dead 

6) reviving has a success rate of 60% when done in the field and a 90% success rate when inside medbay/hospital

7) obviously D-class just respawn as this mechanic would be aids in airlock

Rules would have to be : No respawning when being kidnapped 

i.e. O5 is killed by CI , they drag him out to surface and force a medic to treat him , in this scenario the O5 can't  respawn after the minute has passed 

How will this inprove RP:

Players will be incentivized to stay alive as to not lose their memory , also one minute is not that long.

Making medics actually useful , the need to rush to medbay , co ordinate it during a raid would all make it a lot more exciting.

New way to kidnap and then try to revive the player kidnapped 

Will make killing inside foundation a lot harder and ci will carefully pick who they wanna kill and how they wanna do it (you know instead of going , he has a gun that means i can kill him)

That said we have no dev so this is just daydreaming. Sadge.

Edited by Fayne™
41 minutes ago, Fayne™ said:

To add to this (even though there's no dev for it) the death system should work something like this:

1) Once you die you have a one minute window where you can't respawn and just lay there (nlr zone would be then reduced to 4 mins)

2) After that you can respawn like usual or you can choose not to and wait and hope for a medic to come , after 3/5 mins you are auto respawned.

3) You should be able to pick up a body and move it , and for example make the regular medics not be able to revive unless they are on infarmary bed , and make the combat medic or the head medic (if added) be able to revive in the field but they come back with like 10hp

4) One revive per life , if you die again you just respawn (regular 5 min nlr , or one minute laying down and then respawn)

5) Have some sort of way to permanently kill someone and not let them stick around , maybe shooting at the body or clicking on it when on the ground (or just stab him) this is to avoid situations where CI has killed an high profile personnel and then they need to run away and cannot wait the 5 minute cooldown to make sure he stays dead 

6) reviving has a success rate of 60% when done in the field and a 90% success rate when inside medbay/hospital

7) obviously D-class just respawn as this mechanic would be aids in airlock

Rules would have to be : No respawning when being kidnapped 

i.e. O5 is killed by CI , they drag him out to surface and force a medic to treat him , in this scenario the O5 can't  respawn after the minute has passed 

How will this inprove RP:

Players will be incentivized to stay alive as to not lose their memory , also one minute is not that long.

Making medics actually useful , the need to rush to medbay , co ordinate it during a raid would all make it a lot more exciting.

New way to kidnap and then try to revive the player kidnapped 

Will make killing inside foundation a lot harder and ci will carefully pick who they wanna kill and how they wanna do it (you know instead of going , he has a gun that means i can kill him)

That said we have no dev so this is just daydreaming. Sadge.

SCP-RP not having devs when other servers are getting complex updates (like crafting update in NaziRP) is just sad, we won't get any major additions or updates if things stay this way unfortunately.

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

I think this will be hard to code?

Why not make it so whenever healed by a job that is solely medical Personell like Paramedics and Medical Staff (not nu7 and combat medic) that you gain a passive 1hp regen per 1 sec for 5 minutes if you get healed by them?

13 hours ago, Kyle Webb said:

Today we had a discussion on discord about how a medical rework could be beneficial to the server and would add RP.  I compiled some ideas on a google doc here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y6c4tYYGN3VItlDHFXC6rwSPdBV0NhWujAgpHUDES00/edit?usp=sharing

To summarise, 

Medical Hierarchy similar to researcher

Give medics a defibrillator swep (will have its own rules to prevent abuse)

With an organised medical hierarchy medics will be encouraged to do RP and actually use the medbay by doing check-ups and other interesting RP scenarios.

Please check out the google doc for a more detailed explanation for all points

Denied

We planned to make this change a few months back but came to the conclusion that forcing a complex medical system into the gamemode wouldn't work well and wouldn't be fun. Also we could 100% code this in without any issue, I don't know why everyone thinks very basic coding like this is above Rex and Norra's skill level and can't be done, it can. Don't be afraid to make suggestions that require coding, we can and will do it if the suggestion is accepted.