John Goe

MTF RHO-9 "Technical Support"

RHO-9 „Technical Support“

Rho-9.thumb.png.f77ec89de42ea151a88f2290b225b3c8.png

Description:

„Mobile Task Force Rho-9 handles computer security for the Foundation. When memetic kill agents can lurk throughout the data structure, this is no simple task.“

Rho-9 assists in finding and containing web based anomalies and SCPs.

Rho-9 Operatives are usually working closely together with MTF Kappa-10 „Skynet“ and MTF Mu-4 „Debuggers“ since they are related with their task of finding and finding and containing anomalous Software. However, to not add three taskforces at once, I propose that Kappa-10, Mu-4 and Rho-9 are made into a CMTF unit or Collaborative Mobile Task Force Unit.

Ranks of MTF Rho-9:

All roles will be whitelisted and will both be Invite and application. All roles can access the Foundation Database.

Alpha: Alphas are the Commanders of Rho-9. They can command the MTF Unit and make the Important descisions. They can do everything that the other Units can too. They are the commander after all. The role will be given only to long term members since it is a very powerful job. (1 slot)

Delta: Deltas are the main operatives of MTF Rho-9. They carry out most operations and are the hands and eyes of the MTF. Deltas can disguise into Civilian Uniform and are allowed to go to surface (Only with the allowance of the current Alpha or Site administration). They can also temporarily lockdown keycard doors and thus being able to lock people inside areas. They can command anyone below them and will act as Lieutenants. (1 slots)

Phi: Phis are the Hackers and „Tech Support“ of Rho-9. They will stay back and do the Intelligence gathering for the unit and foundation. They can hack comms and jam them for a set amount of time. They will act as Sergeants and can order anyone below them. (1 slots)

Omega: Omegas are new enlistees and can do basically nothing. They are an assistant and can rank up. They can assist Phis and Deltas in their tasks of hacking enemy comms and assist Deltas on surface scouting missions. Due to their low Rank, they cannot go outside. Equivalent to a Lance Corporal in the Military/NU7 (2 slots)

The rank structure is as follows (Highest→ Lowest)

Alpha Delta→ Phi→ Omega

Spoiler

Rank Requirements:

Alpha: Either be Management, have very good activity+performance or get an invite

Delta: have good activity+performance or get an Invite

Phi: have at least mediocre activity and good performance or get an invite

Omega: Pass the application phase, at least have mediocre activity or performance

Not meeting the requirements two times in a row will land you a demotion, and if you overexcessivly play i will put you in timeout (applies when you play more than 15 Hours a day for three days in a row because that shit aint healthy!)

The Chain of Command in the site (in blue=no commander; green=when none are present, they apply)(Can be changed by Rho-9 Management (Me!))

Any O5→ Site Director→Rho-9 Commander+ HoEA/ECM→ Any other MTF Commander*→ Rho-9 Delta→ Rho-9 Phi

*Not the HoS or any other Security

Spoiler

Rules for MTF Rho-9:

These are some basic rules that I thought of. More can be added when the Job gets accepted.

Warning Colors: Red= Losing WL/Kick; Blue= Temporary Tier; Green= Permanent Tier; Purple= Losing WL, Kick, Blacklist; Orange= Verbal warning

1. MTF Rho-9 is not a Combat Unit. They are equipped with weapons but may only use them when defending the Site or themselves. Orange

2.1 Hacking Foundation comms: Phis and above may not hack and/or jam any Foundation comms without reason or randomly. Red

2.2 GOI Comms may only be hacked when ordered by a CL4+ Personell or Rho-9 Deltas/Alphas or during a Raid on the Foundation. Blue

3.They act as a supporting unit able to be attached to NU7 or any other MTF Unit however, the Commanders of the MTFs need permission from the Rho-9 Commander. Going on Raids without another MTF Unit is strictly forbidden. Green

4. Deltas and Alphas may not lockdown a certain area just because. There either has to be a Breach, an unidentified Person/ Hostile Person or a Meeting of Important people going on to reason a Lockdown. Blue

5. Hacked comms may not be given to ANY other foundation personell except MTF Rho-9 Phis or above. Green

6. Deltas may only exit the Facility when the on site Alpha or Site administration (O5/SD/HoEA/ECM) Orange

7. Comms can only be jammed if the Unit has them. Jamming comms without having them counts as FailRP. Red

Spoiler

MTF Rho-9 Arsenal/Weaponry:

Alpha/Commander:

Weapons: G36C; HK MP5; Some Pistols; Elastic Restraints, Tactical Restraints; Comms Jammer; Lockdown Tool, Player Scanner/Electronics scanner

Extra Entities: Hacking Table* (to Hack into enemy Comms) Disguise Vendor (Civilian)

Comms: Foundation /f; Rho-9 /rho9 /rho /nine; Surface /s

Uniforms/Models: Old GOC Model/ Suit

Delta/Leutenant:

Weapons: HK MP5; Some Pistols; Tactical Restraints, Police Cuffs, Comms Jammer; Lockdown Tool, Player Scanner/Electronics Scanner

Extra Enities: Hacking Table* (to Hack into enemy Comms), Disguise Vendor (Civilian)

Comms: Foundation /f; Rho-9 /rho9 /rho /nine; Surface /s

Uniforms/Models: Old GOC Model/ Suit

Phi/Sergeant:

Weapons: HK MP5, Some Pistols, Comms Jammer

Extra Enitites: Hacking Table* (Can hack into enemy comms)

Comms: Foundation /f; Rho-9 /rho9 /rho /nine

Uniforms/Models: Old GOC Model

Omega/Lance Corporal:

Weapons: Some Pistols, Tactical Cuffs, Player Scanner/Electronics scanner

Extra Entities: None

Comms: Foundation /f; Rho-9 /rho9 /rho /nine

Uniforms/Models: Old GOC Model

Spoiler

*The Hacking Table would work like the Manufacturing Table. You select the comms you want to hack and wait a certain amount of time. However, Unlike the Manufacturing Table the Hackable Comms wouldnt need levels but instead time. It would be around one Minute or more, depending on the comms. (see below). The Hacker would have to stand at the Table to see the hacked comms.

Spoiler

Possible Hack time for comms:

Medical Comms: 1 Minute,

Manufacturing Comms: 1 Minute,

Foundation Comms: 2 Minutes,

Surface Comms: 2 Minutes

Department of External Affairs Comms: 4 Minutes,

NU7/E11 Comms: 5 Minutes

PD Comms: 5 Minutes

MCND/UIU Comms: 6 Minutes

CI/Sarkic Comms: 7 Minutes

Foundation Administration Comms: 8 Minutes

O5 Comms: 10 Minutes

Spoiler

Comms Jammer: When Comms are Jammed, a List of the Members owning said comms would be printed in the Chat. This would be useful to see if there are any other listeners. Comms can only be Jammed, when the Unit has said comms. It would work like the Facescanner (It takes a small amount of time to Jam them.

What role would MTF Rho-9 serve?/Why should Rho-9 be added?:

MTF Rho-9 would play a major role in raid on and from the Foundation not because they have strong weaponry, but that they can disable any sort of communication between people. This this would not alert the entire GOI/Surface but only the people that see them, making it easier to keep the foundation hidden.

Another important aspect that shouldnt be looked over is that MTF Rho-9 can also act as a Intelligence gathering Unit. Due to the Ability to Jam and Hack Comms, Communication between GOIs or the Surface could be monitored and shut off when the Veil of secrecy is about to break or someone leaks information about the Foundation. They will be a fresh change and it will be harder/easier to coordinate for the Different groups and raids.

With the Addition of Rho-9, It will be easier to find out, if there is a comms Breach due to the Comms Jammer. Their Weaponry isnt the best as they arent a combative Unit like NU7 but more of a supportive unit and a true Gamechanger. There will also be the new change with the lockdown tool which would act as a Door Blocker that can stop anything.

Another Reason to add MTF Rho-9 is, that due to the Weak weaponry, CI or any other raiding Group wouldnt be overwhelmed with gunfire and wouldnt die immediatly making it an unbalanced fight. In addition to that, since Rho-9 Deltas can only exit the Site with Commander Permission, there wouldnt be too many foundation Personell on surface. Lastly, the taskforce is relativly small and thus there wont be a giant swarm of people rushing a point/ raiding a base.

MTF Rho-9 Management:

Owner- John Goe; Hal-9000#0068

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! (either under this thread or on discord!

Edited by John Goe
Reduced slots for Omega, Phi and Delta.

I like the jamming idea , however i don't think they should be able to just make GOI's comms , it's excessive and doesn't make too much sense, maybe given them the ability to clone comms but making them out of thin air is just powergaming.

That said i just can't see this making sense ln the server as it stands , and if this ever gets accepted it shouldn't have 8 slots , maybe 2-3 at most.

All in all it's an interesting suggestion but could use a rework if it were to be considered for the server.

+1 

Cool idea for an MTF unit that isn't just another Nu-7 or E-11 with special anomaly powers. Also doesn't seem OP and can be used to add to the External Affairs aspect of the game and assist HoEAs as well the foundation overall.

However I agree that comms for GOI shouldn't be made or even higher up comms. They should be able to be cloned once gained, therefore to stop multiple production of GOI comms to have a constant link and destory enemy comms.

Hope this gets accepted

Edited by Nio Deppilf

I don't think that an MTF like this is needed on the server, it serves no actual purpose other than disabling communications and even then that won't change anything as people can simply walk up to each other and continue talking or blocking doors/gates that can already be blocked/locked.

Other than giving a helping hand in raids from enemy GOIs (And mind you it's already hard for CI to enter the site) it has no large positives to have the group added into the server.

floop.png

8 hours ago, Bread said:

I don't think that an MTF like this is needed on the server, it serves no actual purpose other than disabling communications and even then that won't change anything as people can simply walk up to each other and continue talking

My original thought was that when NU7 are prepping/ meeting to raid a GOI base and a CI was disguised as ,for example NU7, Rho-9 would disable CI/Surface comms to not let infiltrators relay the information and have CI flee from their Base/ hide and make a counter attack

Edited by John Goe

Sounds like a useless mtf to have

On 4/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, John Goe said:

Rho-9 assists in finding and containing web based anomalies and SCPs

We don't have any web based scp/anomalies so main purpose right out the door

MTF Rho-9 is not a Combat Unit.

Why defending against raid if they not combat unit

2.1 Hacking Foundation comms: Phis and above may not hack and/or jam any Foundation comms without reason or randomly. Red

2.2 GOI Comms may only be hacked when ordered by a CL4+ Personell or Rho-9 Deltas/Alphas or during a Raid on the Foundation. Blue

Will be abused/minged with

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
16 minutes ago, Joe Conner said:

Why defending against raid if they not combat unit

What I meant by that was, that they wont go on raids like NU7. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Conner said:

Will be abused/minged with

If they do it, they will get punished for it. The Members who can hack and jam comms are already in the MTF for longer than a week.

19 minutes ago, Joe Conner said:

We don't have any web based scp/anomalies so main purpose right out the door

I disagree. Rho-9s main purpose is computer security for the foundation.

37 minutes ago, John Goe said:

Rho-9s main purpose is computer security for the foundation

Who will do a cyber attack on foundation??

WHO HAS THE ABILITY TO DO CYBER ATTACK ON FOUNDATION?

Edited by Joe Conner
Added line in all caps

seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

Why is there even option to hack into O5 council, I just noticed .-.

seal GIF

28 minutes ago, John Goe said:

I mean, CI if they manage to get to Electrical center

Lets be honest, CI RARELY go to EC to hack, since it's just basically instant death/fight for them and tbh quite useless as most CI prefer to stay undercover/do actual dmg by killing

seal GIF

On 4/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Fayne™ said:

i don't think they should be able to just make GOI's comms , it's excessive and doesn't make too much sense, maybe given them the ability to clone comms but making them out of thin air is just powergaming

Reworked the Hacking table Idea. They now have to stand at the Table to see comms

On 4/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, John Goe said:

The Chain of Command in the site (in blue=no commander; green=when none are present, they apply)(Can be changed by Rho-9 Management (Me!))

Any O5→ Site Director→Rho-9 Commander→ HoEA/ECM→ Any other MTF Commander*→ Rho-9 Delta→ Rho-9 Phi

Can you elaborate ...... are you really saying Rho-9 Commander should be above HoEA, even tho as of current HoEA is also bassiclly in charge of Tasks Forces.

Edit:

"Comms Jammer: When Comms are Jammed, a List of the Members owning said comms would be printed in the Chat. This would be useful to see if there are any other listeners. Comms can only be Jammed, when the Unit has said comms. It would work like the Facescanner (It takes a small amount of time to Jam them. "

Also this seems like a bad idea, you can now get CI comms, get the name of all CI online ...... and make Infiltrators bassiclly useless.
Or people will use the Names to metagame and now just hunt down those people.

Or if managment is bad, you get rogue Units just messing with the Foundation.

Also why would this job ever need so many diffrent Jobs, I fail to see any point to that.

And the Ranks just seems like you pulled out random Ranks from list of Millitary Ranks, without thinking about what they mean.

Edited by Maurice D Biggs
12 hours ago, Maurice D Biggs said:

Also this seems like a bad idea, you can now get CI comms, get the name of all CI online ...... and make Infiltrators bassiclly useless.

The Hacker has to be at the Hacking table to read/hear comms to (maybe) make it more balanced. Also, if Infiltrators/ CI in general are already inside they would "just" have to avoid any Checkpoints and since checkpoints can only be built in certain areas, they can easily be avoided.

Or people will use the Names to metagame and now just hunt down those people.

While yes, that might happen, it is still metagame if they didnt show their ID. 

Or if managment is bad, you get rogue Units just messing with the Foundation.

That wont happen since the people who have the power to do it are already inside the unit for at least more than a week and since it is application/invite only, I, as management, can seek out possible troublemakers/ rulebreakers. I have already made some rules to punish rogues etc.

Application Template will be published once this gets accepted.

And the Ranks just seems like you pulled out random Ranks from list of Millitary Ranks, without thinking about what they mean.

I did that to put in a reference for the people to better understand why they can do stuff. Ranks might be changed as to not give them a powertrip. (if that is what you mean...)

I will add a reference point for how long/ certain conditions you have to be in the unit to achieve the ranks.

are you really saying Rho-9 Commander should be above HoEA, even tho as of current HoEA is also bassiclly in charge of Tasks Forces.

Yes. Since the HoEA can advise and only take command in certain circumstances, i think my decision is ok.

21 hours ago, John Goe said:

The Hacker has to be at the Hacking table to read/hear comms to (maybe) make it more balanced. Also, if Infiltrators/ CI in general are already inside they would "just" have to avoid any Checkpoints and since checkpoints can only be built in certain areas, they can easily be avoided.

I fail to see how having to have the Unit to be at the Hacking table, makes it more balanced? , Any SD would be stupid to not order your Unit to just hack the comms 24/7 and tell the list of names on public Comms.

So how do you think CI will get inside?, or even go anywhere? , do you expect CI Infil to just stand in 1 zone the entire time?

You are litterally breaking the entire concept of FakeIDs, CI Infil will litterally be a useless job, as you have worse equipment, just to have a fakeID, which is now pointless, since the Foundation has a list of names.

1 hour ago, Maurice D Biggs said:

I fail to see how having to have the Unit to be at the Hacking table, makes it more balanced?

When I wrote it originally, the Comms would be directly given to the player like when you spawn.

1 hour ago, Maurice D Biggs said:

, Any SD would be stupid to not order your Unit to just hack the comms 24/7 and tell the list of names on public Comms.

Yes. I presume you are suggesting a change of either the Hacking Table or the rules. So I deliver:

Changed Table: The hacked comms would not show the names but the Number of listeners owning said comms.

or Changed/Added rule: The Names of the Persons owning said comms may not be published over any open comms Channel. They may only be told in vicinity chat.