2Lazy

Krause's HLRP Staff Application

RP Character name(s): Alex Davidson (?)

Steam Name: K rause

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/)STEAM_0:0:93977212

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: Romania GMT+2

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes I can type and speak english fluently

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): N/A

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: Lambda Biotech and no donation rank

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I do own a fuctional microphone and when I communicate I can use both ways

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: N/A

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: Almost daily

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen): N/A

State the role of staff on the server: The role of the staff team on the server is to keep the RP experience clean as possible from minges,rule breakerss and to help other players in their problems on the server.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+): The server is set in the City 24 which it's location is in Geneva, Switzerland. If you compare other combine cities with C24, it almost looks like its brand new with all the perfect condition arhitecture, stores etc. C24 is also known to have the nickname ''The Royal City'' as the propaganda wants it so. Most of the well preserved buildings are upfitted with combine tehnology to give them an edge and more protection incase of an attack. Of course there are also familiar faces of the combine present in the city like the CP and OTA. The CWU is also present, a pro combine faction who supplies the combine/helping the industry and the city administration who oversee everything. And finally  the Lambda who fights the combine almost daily to regain the city into ''human hands''. Every citizen can choose his own path either working with the combine and joining its divisions , joining the Lambda and helping the local resistance to fight against the combine or stay neutal and go on your own path.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes and I am familiar with them

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: Yes and I am familiar with them

List of all previous server staff experience: NRP Moderator and Event Planner (3)

List of all previous RP experience: Most of my time on Gmod was on NRP for 2 years

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Winter112) Added

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (n/a)

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (n/a)

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes I understand

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would spectate the said player who was reported to see if its true. If indeed the player is randomly killing people I would move him to an roof and give him the appropriate punishment. If the player is not killing people randomly I would tp back to the guy who reported it and give him a verbal warning to not falsely accuse players of breaking rules and if he continues to do so he would receive a warning for lying to staff.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction:  First tell him how the F4 menu works. After that I will tell him what faction does on the server and its people who run it, CP the local police and OTA the elite army, CWU a faction who works for the combine and supplying the citizens and the combine, the Lambda the local resistance group and the Xen life . After that I would tell him how the recruitment works and what you need to do.

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: I would tell him to stop what he is doing and pick him up in the air. I would tell him if he refuses to RP he will receive a warning/ban (if they are a veteran) . I would put him back to his place and spectate him. If he continues to do so I would being him to an roof and proceed to ban him for Fail RP or NITRP if he is a full minge.

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:  It depends on what the rank that person holds, if Its a very low rank I would just demote him. If its a higher rank I would proceed to give him a verbal warning and also speaking to his higher ups. If he continues, a Fail RP Tier 1 will be issued to the said person. If he still doesn't care to not care at all, a Fail Rp Tier 2 and 1 day ban will be issued.

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would instantly kick him from the server as it might cause a crash, if he rejoins and does the same, a permaban will be issued and the Prop Spam warn will be given

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC: I would tp him to an roof and give him a verbal warning to stop crying in OOC as it leads to drama and  tell him to return to his RP situation before he receives a warning. If he continues to do so I will proceed to ban him. (Fail RP Tier 1 if he is a new player tier 2 if he an old player)

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punnish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing: I would proceed to tell him that if he thinks the ban is unfair he should make a thread on the forums where there everything will be explained and a final decision will be taken by SMT

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:  I would tell him that not every action possible is written in the rules and that he will need to think as it was IRL. If he doesnt know what to do he should ask staff before doing it and if he wants he could suggest it to make it on the forums so that it would help others in the same situation.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules:  I would tell him that abusing loopholes can lead to a ban as its abusing the warn system as a whole. Then I would contact an SMT member/ Senior staff and tell them what happened and info about that player

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: Tier 1 punishments are mostly issued to: new players  | doing it by accident  | Misunderstand a rule | Unintentional Error. Tier 2 warns are issued mostly for: Intentional Rule Breaking/Constant rule-breaking | If he already has a Tier 1 warn | Not knowing the rule at all.

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two: IC (In-Character ) is everything you do and say while playing as your character and the job role when playing as on the server. For example if you say something bad IC, your character can be punished or worse. OOC ( Out of Character ) Is a counterpart to IC, anything you say OOC won’t be taken as IC and affect your character that you are playing as. Meta Gaming is a way to get information from OOC for IC. Like for example, knowing how many people and what guns they have are in a building by looking in the tab menu, knowing names by looking at peoples faces etc

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Semi-Serious RP usually doesn't interfere that much with your character, you can joke more around, theres less passive rp, tends to be more less serious and more calm overall. Serious RP on the other hand, throws all of that out of the window, and forces you to do follow everything by the book, saying names and ranks correctly, follow orders,and if not you will get punished and more.

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode:  Passive RP in a server is very important as it makes the players more immersed in the characters while CombatRP as the name implies puts more focus on combat rather than improving a character. PassiveRP and CombatRP are both important for the server as without passive rp there is no caracther creation and evolution and without CombatRP theres little fun.

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:  Combat baiting is the act to attract people to gunfights for example you shoot in the air and you get the CPs attention to come to and to allow your friends to kill them.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP: Power Gaming/Power RP are actions that abuse the RP system and do stuff that your character would'nt be able to do (ex jump out of car when about to kill a person by ramming him)

7 ) Define the term FailRP: The term FailRP is when a player does something that should not exist/created/done/allow on the server for example having a name that never existed and was made up by the player.

8 ) Define the term FearRP:  FearRP falls under the FailRP category , and it applies when your life is in danger and you need to follow everything what the man that puts your life in danger asks you to do.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): I dont think I deserve staff more than any other applicants. What I can say about my strongest assets are that I always have been a kind and friendly person, always helping where needed, activity and good performance . I also have a history of helping regiments coming back from the dead in one way or another. The sole reason I wish to be staff on this server is that I wish something fresh and new, not getting lag every 5 min (I hope) and of course being a fan of HL lore in general. In NRP I have in total 2 years where I can say I got some experience on what to do on an Gmod server. I managed to reach also staff (Moderator and Event Planner 3 times) which of course helped me to see how you would handle the job of  server staff. Im very interested on how the server will turn up and what I can do there. I also would like to point out that I have an history of resigning fast but I can say i changed in some aspects of that and whatever regiment I will join , I will do my best to uphold my activity and performance overall both IC and staff.  Its been some time since I was staff and after all this time (prob 5-6 months) im ready to take that job again on a new story and a new community where everything will be a bit different. (im also the guy that made the loading pics for the server)

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

Exceptions can be made with the permission of a Server Management Team Member.

+1

Haven't talked to you for a long time but from my own experience with you, i would say that you are fit for the role

Cool guy to speak to and all

-Past Ranks

-No one cares

-anwarter

image0-8.gif

Neutral

Let me explain

1)

On 4/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, Krause said:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would spectate the said player who was reported to see if its true. If indeed the player is randomly killing people I would move him to an roof and give him the appropriate punishment. If the player is not killing people randomly I would tp back to the guy who reported it and give him a verbal warning to not falsely accuse players of breaking rules and if he continues to do so he would receive a warning for lying to staff.

Well this answer is pretty much correct, but there isn't a mention about using the logs to check for damage to see, if the player in question was acually killing anyone, since they don't always have to been in the act of committing an offense.

2)

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:  It depends on what the rank that person holds, if Its a very low rank I would just demote him. If its a higher rank I would proceed to give him a verbal warning and also speaking to his higher ups. If he continues, a Fail RP Tier 1 will be issued to the said person. If he still doesn't care to not care at all, a Fail Rp Tier 2 and 1 day ban will be issued.

No this is not how you should treat this. You have to remember that you are punishing them by OOC punishments and as such you can't demote them, if you aren't their superior IC. The most you can do is report them to their higherups as you mentioned in the second case. Another thing is that IC ranks don't matter in the outcome of a punishment their playtime and the offense does.

3)

5 ) A player is prop spamming: I would instantly kick him from the server as it might cause a crash, if he rejoins and does the same, a permaban will be issued and the Prop Spam warn will be given

The only thing you should do in this situation is to prevent the player from spawing any more props and then perma ban them afterwards.

4)

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:  Combat baiting is the act to attract people to gunfights for example you shoot in the air and you get the CPs attention to come to and to allow your friends to kill them.

A better way to describe Combat Baiting would be an situation where a player tries to intiate combat without a proper RP reason to do so.

5)

7 ) Define the term FailRP: The term FailRP is when a player does something that should not exist/created/done/allow on the server for example having a name that never existed and was made up by the player.

This doesn't exactly make much sense to me. The best way to descrice FailRP is "anything that wouldn't make any logical sense in real life." or in this instance in the Half–Life universe, also for the names you are free to create any name as long as it doesn't fall under the FailRP Name category.

Overall not a bad application, but not the best one either. I also suggest giving it a few checks before sending it to correct any grammatical errors and the overall structure.

Never the less good luck. (if you wanna ask me anything dm me)

Edited by Klavigar

Current ranks

HLRP Trial mod

+1 not enough romanian staff

Past Ranks

23rd Infantry Division Company "Viktor" Schütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Schütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberschütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Gefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Obergefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Stabsgefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Unteroffizier, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Unterfeldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Feldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberfeldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Leutnant, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberleutnant, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Hauptmann, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Scharführer, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Schütze, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Oberschütze, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Sturmmann, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Rottenführer, Major, Oberstleutnant, Oberst, Generalmajor, Generalleutnant, General der Infanterie, Helfer of Ministry of Arbeit, Helfer of Ministry of Finanz, Oberhelfer of Ministry of Finanz, Helfer of Ministry of Propaganda, Oberhelfer of Ministry of Propaganda, Arbeitsleiter of Ministry of Propaganda, Oberarbeitsleiter of Ministry of Propaganda, Ministirialdirektor of Ministry of Propaganda, Stellvertretender Gauleiter des Gau Groß-Berlin, Wachtmeister des SchutzpolizieivRevier-oberwachtmeister des SchutzpolizieivSturmmann des NSKK, S.J.B.O. Member, S.J.B.O. Wachter, Scaletta Associate, Unterführer des SS-AhnenerbevTruppenführer des SS-Ahnenerbe, Unterscharführer des 4.SS Polizei Division, Unteroffizier des Logistikstruppe, Unteroffizier der Feldgendarmerie, Swedish Embassy Guard, Swiss Embassy Guard, ST Trooper, CG Trooper, CG Private, CG Private First Class, CG Lance Corporal,

TruZw21.png

+1 supporting my local gypsy

Oberleutnant u. Chef d. Heeresverwaltung
Oberleutnant d. Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Kompanie "Caesar"
Leutnant d. Panzergrenadier "Großdeutschland" Kompanie "Bruno"
Stabsfeldwebel u. Hauptfeldwebel d. Feldgendarmerie-Trupps "Großdeutschland"

+1

local romanian needed

Deșteaptă-te, române, din somnul cel de moarte,
În care te-adânciră barbarii de tirani,
Acum ori niciodată croiește-ți altă soarte,1
La care să se-nchine și cruzii tăi dușmani.

Acum ori niciodată să dăm dovezi în lume
Că-n aste mâni2 mai curge un sânge de roman,
Și că-n a noastre piepturi păstrăm cu fală-un nume
Triumfător în lupte, un nume de Traian.3

Priviți, mărețe umbre, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvine,4
Româna națiune, ai voștri strănepoți,
Cu brațele armate, cu focul vostru-n vine,
„Viață-n libertate ori moarte” strigă toți.

Preoți cu crucea-n frunte, căci oastea e creștină,
Deviza-i libertate și scopul ei preasfânt.
Murim mai bine-n luptă, cu glorie deplină,
Decât să fim sclavi iarăși în vechiul nost' pământ.
Edited by Bansheey
Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

Dear Applicant,
I have read through your entire Staff Application in detail. Overall I know you have lots of Gmod experience from NRP. I also see your commitment towards HLRP already. However in my opinion this staff application is lacking. Almost every answer could be more detailed and some answers therefore are not correct. I don't want to go through every single answer in this reply but I will give a few examples:

I am a bit confused about how this is never answered correct by anyone, but this question is almost the same as the one just prior. The player is not willing to RP properly, therefore it is NITRP. This doesn't mean it has to be an instant warn/ban but it is something fully OOC and therefore it also should be handled as that, as Klavigar also already pointed out. There can also be a punishment IC, but only if a superior gets informed IC or witnesses it, as if you report it to them as a staff member and they react with a IC punishment it would be using OOC information IC, which is the exact definition of Meta-Gaming, which you also didn't point out detailed enough in your answer on the IC, OOC and Meta-Gaming question btw.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:  I would tell him that not every action possible is written in the rules and that he will need to think as it was IRL. If he doesnt know what to do he should ask staff before doing it and if he wants he could suggest it to make it on the forums so that it would help others in the same situation.

This answer is missing any sort of punishment you would give the player for breaking FearRP, which obviously should occur in any form at least, as not knowing the rules doesn't protect you from the consequences when breaking those, which you btw put as a reason for Tier II punishments, which is not really the case, as it most likely is unintentional then, which is a Tier I punishment, but it obviously depends on the situation.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP: Power Gaming/Power RP are actions that abuse the RP system and do stuff that your character would'nt be able to do (ex jump out of car when about to kill a person by ramming him)

Again not detailed at all for an answer that is supposed to be very detailed. Power Gaming usually also is when a player is forcing certain outcomes in situations, which realistically would maybe be possible but for the server just basically don't work out. An example would be a player doing "/me slides one of his hands out of the shackles", as this obviously first of all wont actually happen in-game and the person arresting/kidnapping the player also has no chance to stop it from happening as he only sees the written message when it already happened.

Again, there are more questions you haven't answered in detail, in fact every answer could be more detailed. Klavigar and Mauser also pointed out other mistakes of that kind in their replies.
Additionally there are a couple grammar mistakes in your application, which could be easily avoided by just checking the application again before posting, if needed with a grammar tool or something.

Taking all of this together I would give a -1 but do see a chance of you joining the HLRP Staff Team after reapplying with a better application.

+1 Based, red pilled and also a Romanian gypsy 

Current Ranks 
                     Leader of the Anti-Jannie Ali Discord Qosar Network

Head Inquisitor des Church of Strength & Anti-LARP

Here is the reason why:
I aggree with Sooth here, as your application lacks of detail ( I wont give anymore examples as Sooth stated and proved it perfectly )
and some answers are incorrect like the 4th question.  Staffing is OOC and so it cannot be punished IC except higher ups get informed or they witness it themselves. 

I cant remember to have seen you rp or that I talked to you, so I need judge your application just on the application itself and not with any personal experience. What results in a -1 as its simply not detailed enough or at some points incorrect, but as I see you are quite known I would recommend reapplying with better answers. 

Good luck!