Bean

Bean's Fourth Staff Application

In-game name(s): Bean/Aayla Secura

Steam Name:  Ratsmeister

Steam ID: : STEAM_0:0:160053386

Age when applying: 17

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: The UK, GMT

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 18w, 2d, 22h as of 07/05/2021

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on SW-RP: 21st Executive Officer, Jedi Blade Warrior - Platinum VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes and I speak to communicate primarily.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I first joined the server on the 16th of April 2020 and haven't taken any major breaks since then. Any ROA/LOAs i've taken in the past year have been due to IRL things like exams and holidays as well as hardware breakage and the need to focus on other IC roles.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, SW-RP Discord and our forums: I communicate very frequently on the forums and the Discord and i can be seen in Teamspeak pretty much everyday.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you cannot see it on your screen): 

https://imgur.com/a/2yHN5dG - RDM and exploiting an adrenaline shot

In my time on the server, i have been warned twice but never banned or kicked. Both Warns occurred in 2020.

State the role of staff on the server: The primary role of a staff member is to manage and oversee the OOC side of the server from an understanding yet impartial standpoint in order to assure it runs as smoothly as possible. This can be through punishing breakers of the server rules accordingly, settling disputes in sits, spawning weapons and vehicles for people, teleporting others if they're in need, giving out relevant information to players that need it or quelling arguments in server chats, just to name a few. It is not a staff member's job to intervene in IC issues unless it greatly impedes on the roleplay experience of others and they must remain fair, impartial and open towards any issue or concern they come across. The jobs of a staff member are vast but overall, they work to uphold the rules of the server to ensure that it remains fun and fair to play for all whilst also supporting all players, new and old, with help and support on any issue they may have.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?: Several times and I am familiar with them.

List of all previous server staff experience: I have been Trial Mod on WG DarkRP from its inception to it’s eventual shutdown.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Absolutely

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: Firstly, I would teleport the individual who made the claim to a spot away from any IC actions in a sit to ask him for more context on the incident and if they caught a name. If he didn’t catch a name, I would check logs to look for any suspicious behaviour to identify the rule breaker based on their description. If I find evidence of the person in question RDM’ing or at least attempting to RDM, I would pull them into a sit and explain to them what they’ve done as per the server rules and wait for their response for their side of the story. If it is quite evident that this was a violation of the rules, I would explain them their punishment as per the staff guidelines before warning/banning/kicking them accordingly.

For example, I would warn them for RDM if they only managed to kill one clone or RDMx2 if they managed to kill two randomly, alongside a kick from the server. If they managed to kill three or more randomly then I would warn them for MRDM and ban them for five days, plus one day for however many extra people they successfully killed beyond the first three. If they made an attempt to kill another clone randomly but failed, they would be warned for ARDM or AMRDM accordingly with AMRDM punishments including the five day ban but without the additional days based on the extra players killed. After the appropriate punishment, I would return them to their previous positions to leave them to face the IC consequences to their actions whilst also keeping an eye on them and notifying other staff members to do the same.

Additionally, if I found that the RDM claim was blatantly false then the individual who made the claim could be warned for lying to staff, depending on both mine and other staff member’s opinions on the situation.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: Firstly, I would teleport over to them and inform them to exclaim “/advert I need a trainer” in game chat in order to get the highest ranking members on base’s attention. If nobody responds and no one is sent to train the cadet, I would PM or teleport to the highest ranking or one of the highest ranking members on base to inform them to order an NCO+ to train the cadet(s).

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: This largely depends on the context of the situation. An obviously accidental shot wouldn’t really require the intervention of a staff member, leaving the response as an IC issue which could either get them arrested for golden rule or let off. If they get let off, I would watch over them during debrief to ensure that they don’t act up again before pulling them to one side to inform them after the debrief to be careful or how to safety their weapon if they are unsure. If the incident seems intentional and/or if the CT is known for misbehaving and rule breaking, they could be brought aside into a sit to explain themselves. If it turns out they were doing it intentionally, they could be warned for ARDM and lying to staff.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: I would either politely inform them about the minimum saluting ranks or not do anything as it is a purely IC issue that wouldn’t require addressing by a staff member. I would not expect them to salute me whilst I am SOD either as this is an OOC job and doesn’t apply to IC rules like that. I would inform them this if necessary.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitly stated within the server rules: Even if the offence was accidental, attempting to find a loophole in the rules under any circumstance will result in harsher punishments. As such, harsher punishment would be warranted for the person in question. I would inform them the statement in the server rules stating “Please remember that any attempts to find a loophole in any of these rules will result in harsher punishments” as well as “Just because a rule isn't written in this thread(the rules) but would be considered detrimental to the role play experience of players, doesn't mean you can do it”, explaining that what they did inhibited the role play experience of others and can be considered FailRP. I could also call in other staff members if they are online for their opinion on whether the individual committed FailRP if they try to dispute the warn. After explaining what they did wrong, I would warn the player for FailRP along with any extra punishments deemed fit for attempting to find a loophole in the rules.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I would politely explain to the player the rule they broke and why what they did was wrong. If they still aren’t satisfied, I would provide a link to the server rules page on the forums to show them the rule they broke or illustrate that anything detrimental to other players’ role play can result in a warn, even if it’s not listed in the rules. I would also direct them to the unban/unwarn requests section of the forums to allow them to dispute their punishment with other members of the community and other staff members to comment whether it is valid or should be removed. Additionally if other staff members are on at the time, I could call one over for them to give their input on the punishment and whether they think it is fair or not. Lastly, if they proceed to disrespect me or any other staff member giving their opinion on their warn, they could be subject for an extra warn for disrespect to staff.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

I feel like I’ll stand out more over other candidates due to my friendly, open and impartial nature. I believe these are incredibly important traits for staff members to have to ensure that I can solve problems in a fair and reasonable manner whilst also being approachable for anyone with concerns or questions. Additionally, I am a loyal member of the server with over 18 weeks of IC experience under my belt in the form of reaching and maintaining several high ranks such as Battalion Captain, Jedi Paladin and 21st EXO. In my opinion, the key to being a great staff member is being patient, mature, friendly and understanding whilst also being firm, non-biased and open to criticism. I believe I embody all of these traits to some extent and think it will help me be a great staff member.

Moreover, I have received some experience staffing with me becoming a trial mod on Werwolf’s DarkRP. Granted, I hadn’t been staff on it long before it was shut down but it gave me some invaluable experience in solving various different problems and dealing with people as well as teaching me how to use ULX fluidly and giving me a taste of how staffing works. Any experience is better than no experience in my book which is why I think this also sets me apart from other candidates.

Finally, I see myself as a very trustworthy and responsible person, especially when it comes to fulfilling my duties and responsibilities to excellent standards. I have received excellent performance for both clone and Jedi consistently since January and come onto the server for at least over an hour once a day since I joined in April of last year, aside from when I have been absent on LOA/ROA of course. It shows my commitment to the server and the roles I fulfil, even if it is quite sad. I have also been able to juggle both my Jedi and Clone roles very well and am confident I will be able to manage staff duties on top of that.

In conclusion, I believe I stand out more than other applicants due to my friendly and understanding nature, strong work ethic and commitment to the server, my maturity and approachability and lastly my experience of the server.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application!

Current Ranks:

Previous Ranks:

21st Commander - Jedi Paladin - 74th AMO - Battalion Captain - GM Colonel

Was high rank in jedi and is now in clone, also was batt a bit ago, has some experience staffing darkrp [lol]. Playing for over a year pretty actively and has proven to be competent unlike jeka, so +1

Edited by Dish

+1/Neutral 

Has very good playtime 

High clone and jedi rank 

I only rarely see bean and jedi and usual is on loa or roa for jedi kind of inactive ngl 

Good luck on your application!

Current Ranks

Past Ranks

-=Redacted=-| -=Redacted=- | -=Redacted=- | -=Redacted=-

Paradox_VS_Phoenix.gif

+1
Good lad would fit nicely in the staff team
Previous Batt member and currently VC of 21st and high Jedi rank to boot
decently active also
Good luck

Current ranks

CWRP Vice Manager
Admiral 

Previous ranks

Jedi Aegis
501st Marshal Commander
DS Commando F69
501st Vice Commander
Temp 501st Commander

Jedi Senior Guardian

ezgif-3-eed719ac80.gif.a7679065eed7ac58041146e7a19e3852.gif

+1

Good guy

Good ranks

-= Current Ranks =-

In-Character Ranks        Out-Of-Character Rannks

[Mace Windu, MOTO]    [CW-RP Senior Admin]

-= Previous Ranks =-

[Doom's Unit Major]       [CW-RP Event Planner]

SCARED.png.8c294f101e9fc0e16134b65ad9639cfa.png

Fat +1
Very cool man 
Is Vice Commander
And Would do very well in staff!

Current Ranks:
RC Auxiliary Security Staff Honour Guard

Previous Ranks: 
RC Commander F71 CWRP Staff Manager Plo Koon

+1
High Rank
Good Activity
Cool Guy

Current Ranks
-= Jedi Umbra - Spearman =-

Past Ranks
-= Event Planner - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Force Master104th Executive Officer -  74th T SMO =- 
-=  
Senior Medic - 501st Captain DU 2nd LT - CT DCPL =- 

Animated GIF

+1

Cool guy
he is serious as a person
21st Needs staff

he has also been a staff of DarkRP, so he got some experience

Edited by Damien

Current CWRP Rank(s)

CG 2nd LT

Past CWP Ranks

| Battalion CPT | CE 2nd LT | 104th LT COL CG EXO | 41st MJR | MCC 2nd LT | 74th ADV R |

+1

nice guy

Current Ranks:                                                                  Previous Ranks

Happy                                                                                    Less happy

Denied

Unfortunately you weren't chosen for Staff this time.

Former Ranks and Stuff

Community Co-Owner

WW2-ORP Owner

CWRP Manager

IRP Manager

Half-Life RP Vice-Manager

Medieval RP Head Mod

Zombie RP Reserve