Chapxe

Option to wear ET armor. Regarding CT regiment.

What your suggestion is: Adding a body-group option to remove the color scheme for visual rank identification. (off by default)

Scriptfodder/workshop link: N/A

Any additional information:

Medics would still have their medical markings. 

Body-group option for external equipment is already a feature.

Why I want this feature?

The CT regiment mainly communicates via in-game means during an event.

Before the start of an event a leader and co-leader is decided on. Usually the highest and second highest ranking clones will not be leading. And beside the chosen leaders there will still be a lot of high ranking troops left.

In combat it's hard to quickly recognize the leaders because there are clones of them. Troops won't always be in earshot.

Giving the option to NCO+ to look similar to ET, would give an additional visual aid and thus a more cohesive environment. 

It also would compliment the RP aspect. As in reality, there wouldn't be more NCO+ than ET.

The in-game use would be under the discretion of CT-Hierarchy.

download.gif.c2545ff85732457e6f839e46794315ac.gif

With the lead & co lead system, CT's only need to know who their leaders are. The leaders are distinguished with their stripes. So visually it would be easy, as the CT regiment is the only regiment utilizing non-marked armor and thus the ones in charge will stick out more. In any case those worth while, that follow orders, will stick together with their fellow troopers.

I'm not suggesting the discontinued use of rank colors. They would be used at the discretion of those in charge. It depends on Hierarchy policies.

The strength of the regiment comes from the sheer volume of clones. Showing it by wearing the same armor is aesthetically pleasing.

CT CO Dwev said he wanted the use of colors while we are at base, but is open to the suggestion during events.

Look at the gif, The ARC Captain represents the leader or co-leader. 😮

For those who didn't care to read this comprehensively, the ability of removing your own colors is a feature not something forced by design.

Edited by Chapxe
Hammered down on explaining the remaining use of colors.

I am gonna say a hard no to this one. The colour schemes for different CT rank polls is there so that CTs can more easily distinguish between differently ranking CTs. Usually before the event the CTs will see at least one of the higher ranking CTs and remember how they look like and when someone is calling their name or just yelling "CT!", they will most likely listen, we can only command them not give them intelligence, if they don't listen, they just don't listen.

Current ranks

HLRP Trial mod

4 hours ago, Silent said:

This suggestion is retarded, the whole point of ranks is to look different so that new players can identify higher ranks instead of learning their ranks by name.

unknown.pngCT_NCO_2.png

I doubt these guys need to know their ranks.

As for the new guys: The leaders are distinguished with their stripes. So visually it would be easy, as the CT regiment is the only regiment utilizing non-marked armor and thus the ones in charge will stick out more. In any case those worth while, that follow orders, will stick together with their fellow troopers.

The CT regiment does not care for stragglers below the rank of LCPL
If the regulars don't fall in line they are not worth the time.
A good NCO won't call out more than twice for a "noob" to follow.
Statistically it is a waste of time.

This proves my point

1319575503_funnyblack.jpg.49682401d3502b1dc70dbf9ec3fb0a90.jpg

The Boys

24 minutes ago, Silent said:

This proves my point

Read the suggestion newly added bit.
Also, CT enlisted are being given orders, they shouldn't pass basic training without knowing what  a NCO ranks is. Nor that it's needed if they follow their orders and fellow CT's.

New players aren't left to fend for their own, NCO's will call out to CT's .
I'm stating that good NCO's don't waste their time, repeatedly going after (harassing) guys doing their own thing. This isn't kindergarten. 
It isn't even only new players doing that "running away" behavior, people not interested in being in the regiment will do their own thing. I recall seeing platinum VIP four numbers just doing their own thing. I won't get in the way of their fun, whilst getting a sore throat for it.

As for the picture, this is the real backbone of the regiment, people who are invested. 
Would be cool and aesthetically pleasing to look like the real deal where there's  a lot of grunts doing the work. I.E. the afore shown GIF.

Edited by Chapxe
Correct wording