Oswald Bruner

V7 Containment Engineer Rework Suggestion

Hey all!

This is my suggestion for a rework of containment engineer.
Before you ask, no, this has nothing to do with weapons or playermodels.

With all that done, let's go ahead!

Suggestion Overview

Okay so as it stands, in current terms of use and equipment, containment engineer is just watered down and less skilled E-11. Plain and simple. There's nothing wrong with that, and I want it to stay that way. My issue is this: That's all CE is. There's nothing special about it, nothing it does to make it special; just another containment unit.

How does my suggestion plan to fix that you ask?

Quite simple!

Give CE the pliers SWEP and wrench SWEP that engineer gets. This suggestion applies to V7 only, as the work that would be needed to make this suggestion happen would be lost on map transfer. I want CE, much like regular engineers, to have random popups show that you need to fix something. However, unlike regular engineers, these will all be containment chamber based. I don't want CE going and working on a gas leak in breakroom, that's a waste of resources.

I will go into deeper detail on the next page!

In-Depth Suggestion Details

What's that? You want examples on how and where CE would fix containment chamber issues? Alright.

Also, before you read the suggestions for LCZ and HCZ below, keep in mind that these aren't the only issues I want CE to have to fix. It would be optimal for every CC to have the possibility of electrical/gas issues(that have no impact on CC function), including the ones with special issues.
If the special CC issues would be too much work, just don't add them. I'd rather have regular issues with no impact on containment than no issues at all.
Lastly, if containment issues were forced to happen immediately after a breach in the CC that the breached SCP was contained in, that would be very cool.

LCZ

Spoiler

SCP-913: Control panel would need electrical fixing, until that happens, the light inside the CC will not turn on.

SCP-173: Control panel would need electrical fixing, until that happens, the door will stop opening/closing. Meaning that it would be "stuck" in whatever its position prior to the electrical issue was.

HCZ

Spoiler

SCP-035: The gas valve control lever will have an issue, causing the gas to perpetually stay on until fixed.

SCP-106: The electromagnetic suspension control lever will have a malfunction, forcing the CC to be lowered until fixed.

SCP-682: The acid control lever will malfunction, causing the CC to drain of all acid, and be incapable of being filled until then.

+1

A couple more suggestions for minor "special" fixes (if needed):

SCP-012: The door control button will malfunction, causing the door to be stuck open until fixed.

SCP-049 and SCP-457: The door control button will malfunction, causing the door to stay in whatever state it was (obviously would be overridden in the event of a breach)

nothing to see here, move along

@Oswald Brunerit was announced in a meeting a while back that containment engineers are what they are cause they'd be needed to fix the containment cells when a breach happens (Why they don't do what they're actually called is a mystery)
Also it's a shittier B-7

Edited by Joe Conner

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
5 hours ago, Joe Conner said:

@Oswald Brunerit was announced in a meeting a while back that containment engineers are what they are cause they'd be needed to fix the containment cells when a breach happens (Why they don't do what they're actually called is a mystery)
Also it's a shittier B-7

Yeah lol that’s why I made the suggestion. Nobody feels like or knows how to do proper EngineerRP, so an integrated gameplay mechanic would fix that.