bathdoge

Steven Ranch Unban Appeal (More of a unwarn)

Server you got banned from: SCP-RP

Your name in-game: Steven Ranch

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:168213231

Admins' name that banned you: Oswald Bruner

Admin's steamID: STEAM_0:1:104840655

Why did you get banned?: RDMx1 Killing a CSB

Evidence(Un-necessary): (Following image)

Why do you deserve to be unbanned?: I feel as if the ban was rushed due to the fact that I explained my side of the incident to the admin and the reason I killed the CSB, which is because he silently tried to detain me I jumped and countered him with a shotgun which killed him. When I explained the admin that it was self defense and everything he just teleported me back and 10 min later he banned me. If I am sure I'm not aware of a rule where you cant shoot back foundation if they try to randomly cuff you because the CSB silently tried to cuff me

Anything else?: I wouldn't wanna say that there's a bias in the admin, but it seemed rushed and probably he's had a lot of tickets so I wouldn't blame him too much about it.20220211213611_1.thumb.jpg.a2821b3162952e8666bc664cdd8d7b9d.jpg

Edited by bathdoge

Hey Steven, sorry for any confusion on this ban, I did have a lot of tickets at the time.
I was unfortunately unable to fully explain why you were going to be banned given the circumstances, so I'll do it here.

Here is a message from Xunt clarifying arrests and killing
image.thumb.png.bdd9a0e6769bbadf97f927551f8d5886.png

You killing him did not comply with the rules above

You were an E-11 Flamer, he was a CSB. CSB is CL4, Flamer is CL3. You were both foundation jobs, thus, making you killing him RDM.

You also said in-sit that killing him was a knee-jerk reaction, but this rendering does not uphold that claim. You shot at him with your revolver, running out of ammo, then ran around him, and shot him with a shotgun.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.16a4f20f4f0940887e3128fd4919567f.png

Additionally, after killing him you said this in OOC chat:
Messages are not in order*
image.png.d27dbc76a6acc0edf54c6aa9133e0f74.png
image.png.3ed408c55085221c3dac2c65c79b1f1b.png
image.png.30742e96d059b65f78f630c55520498b.png

Also, I appreciate you being respectful in your appeal, it's a nice change of pace. The ban will be over by the time that this gets reviewed and accepted/denied, have a good day.

Edited by Oswald Bruner

Ban reason explained wait it out

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

1.14 - Reasons to shoot players

- They attempt to cuff you randomly/without stated reason.

🤨

If they snuck up behind you and tried to cuff you I don't see how that isn't a valid response. If they had announced themselves and stated the reason for cuffing then sure yeah that would be RDM but if someone randomly cuffs the only way you can know they are you're superior is if you metagame. If you can automatically know Foundation personnel are Personnel without confirmation then you should automatically be suspicious of any CI whether even if they have done nothing wrong.

It should be "Common Sense™) that if you are arresting someone that you don't do it out of nowhere.

An armed unit attempting an arrest on you is not valid grounds to shoot them unless you belong to a different organisation/job group (E.G: CI may kill Foundation attempting arrests, MCND may kill Police attempting an arrest on them etc).

Unless you've seen them show their ID or they have announced the reason who they are and why they are arresting you how can you know this. It should be the responsibility of the arresting party to announce themselves. 

CSB shocked when they get shot for cuffing someone out of no where.

CSB is a shit job and the rules are just a fucking mess with a duct tape of new rules hoping to fix shit but inevitably making it even more of a dumpster fire.

You can twist the rules to go either way.  But, anyone who values who RP and anyone with common sense will see the state of CSB and its pure LARP and MRP shit. It's like we made a step removing Beta-1 (whatever happened there) but decided to take two steps back and add CSB.

👺

I am here to launder money

+1

I think he knows the rules

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

25 minutes ago, Nathan Kennedy said:

1.14 - Reasons to shoot players

- They attempt to cuff you randomly/without stated reason.

🤨

If they snuck up behind you and tried to cuff you I don't see how that isn't a valid response. If they had announced themselves and stated the reason for cuffing then sure yeah that would be RDM but if someone randomly cuffs the only way you can know they are you're superior is if you metagame. If you can automatically know Foundation personnel are Personnel without confirmation then you should automatically be suspicious of any CI whether even if they have done nothing wrong.

It should be "Common Sense™) that if you are arresting someone that you don't do it out of nowhere.

An armed unit attempting an arrest on you is not valid grounds to shoot them unless you belong to a different organisation/job group (E.G: CI may kill Foundation attempting arrests, MCND may kill Police attempting an arrest on them etc).

Unless you've seen them show their ID or they have announced the reason who they are and why they are arresting you how can you know this. It should be the responsibility of the arresting party to announce themselves. 

CSB shocked when they get shot for cuffing someone out of no where.

CSB is a shit job and the rules are just a fucking mess with a duct tape of new rules hoping to fix shit but inevitably making it even more of a dumpster fire.

You can twist the rules to go either way.  But, anyone who values who RP and anyone with common sense will see the state of CSB and its pure LARP and MRP shit. It's like we made a step removing Beta-1 (whatever happened there) but decided to take two steps back and add CSB.

While yes, the CSB should've actually announced the guy was getting arrested instead of trying to kidnap him like a dumbass, but CSB is still CSB

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

In response to Oswald I got two things to say, yes you are correct it was a knee-jerk reaction because when he tried to cuff me I pulled out my gun and shot at him and he still didn't say anything and just tried to rush me with the cuffs, which I pulled out my shotgun and resulted to him being blown off. And on your second thing about me being cocky in the OOC chat, yea I was but that was after I shot him and I tabbed out to see what job he was, which was OOC chat so it isn't meta game I didn't say anything about it in RP. So the points you are trying to make just lead forward to my conclusion that the CSB still didn't have a reason to detain me even after I used up all my revolver ammo on him, which he was still silent and adamant about cuffing me.

2 hours ago, Joe Conner said:

but CSB is still CSB

Which is not a good thing.

Anyways +1 

I think in this situation the warn should not really be issued, I mean, the CSB should've informed beforehande.

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

Oh yes of course. Just let yourself be kidnapped by some random bucko even though it is well known CI can disguise themselves and do the exact same thing. Should have announced it. His own fucking fault.

Looking back at it now, I should've just dropped the sit.
This was valid from the viewpoint I had, but with the technicalities of the CSB it was actually invalid.
Sorry for any inconvenience, I support your warn being removed, it's just up to SMT at this point.

Best O' luck, have a good day.

1 hour ago, Oswald Bruner said:

Looking back at it now, I should've just dropped the sit.
This was valid from the viewpoint I had, but with the technicalities of the CSB it was actually invalid.
Sorry for any inconvenience, I support your warn being removed, it's just up to SMT at this point.

Best O' luck, have a good day.

I appreciate it that you took the time to look over it again, and I don't mind the ban that much because I play the server once or twice a month depends on how much time I have and if I'm up for it. But when this happened it seemed out of the odd about it and rushed, so hopefully SMT will opt out to remove the warning, you were the only mod online in a 60 player server from what I saw so I can't be too angry about it being rushed.

american-psycho-американскийпсихопат.gif

Edited by bathdoge