Rondall

Battalion Security rules

What your suggestion is: Update the battalion security rules to fit their role as security better. When a Battalion Security trooper attaches themselves to a member of battalion and begins to follow them the trooper should be allowed to break clearance level should the battalion enter a higher clearance level than the BSEC. This would allow the BSEC to protect their chosen battalion without the need to ask for permission to enter an area to continue protecting the battalion.

Scriptfodder/workshop link: N/A

Any additional information: N/A

Well, If the Battalion member wanted security they would grant that permission, However most battalion (Including me) hate BSEC. 

Also don't like the idea of being "attached".

Spoiler

Previous OOC rank
Plat-VIP
Senior Event Planner

Previous IC rank
CT Drill Sergeant-Major
------------------------
CE Captain
------------------------
CG Vice-Commander
------------------------
Battalion  Colonel
------------------------

Jedi Scout

If a BS is protecting member of Battalion then that Battalion can let them break CL. The majority of the time, no one likes ABS, especially as people play them like they are CG or someone important. It becomes more of a meme job with people saying "Oh yeah {person] needs protection, go and protect them".

Current Ranks [CWRP]
Admiral | Reserve Medic
CWRP Super Administrator | Lead Mentor
Past Ranks
[CWRP]
CE Marshal Commander | 74th ST MD | CT TRP "4625" - CT PVT | CT DCPL
Jedi Sage | Jedi Warlock | Jedi Sentinel | Jedi Shadow Jedi Peacekeeper
 Event Planner Staff Mentor
[WW2 1943RP]
 Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Gefreiter - Unteroffizere (13/02/21 - 25/03/21)
[IRP]
ST TRP "4625" | JT Corporal | IE BFT PFC501st PFC
 Rebel Alpha Group Major
giphy.gif

Under that suggestion, you are pratically saying that ABS should just be allowed to go anywhere because the Battalion is there and need "protection". In theory, you could simply say "A Battalion is there I must protect" which would be abuse of the power if you just want to go into an area you cant go into usually.

Simply, you are to protect the Battalion in a combat situation, not to follow them like some 13 year old girl who has some crush on a boy, who is clearly not intrested. If you want the power to go into Battalion areas, join Battalion, however I think we all know what the answer will be.

Also most Battalion dont need protection. They have far better equipment then the ABS.

4 hours ago, Breatoking said:

Under that suggestion, you are pratically saying that ABS should just be allowed to go anywhere because the Battalion is there and need "protection". In theory, you could simply say "A Battalion is there I must protect" which would be abuse of the power if you just want to go into an area you cant go into usually.

Simply, you are to protect the Battalion in a combat situation, not to follow them like some 13 year old girl who has some crush on a boy, who is clearly not intrested. If you want the power to go into Battalion areas, join Battalion, however I think we all know what the answer will be.

Also most Battalion dont need protection. They have far better equipment then the ABS.

Becoming battalion is not a difficult thing to do as it just takes time HOB if I wanted in battalion for the 10th time in my career I would be able to get it, yet I still appreciate your input on this suggestion, thank you sir.

4 hours ago, Shepherd said:

If a BS is protecting member of Battalion then that Battalion can let them break CL. The majority of the time, no one likes ABS, especially as people play them like they are CG or someone important. It becomes more of a meme job with people saying "Oh yeah {person] needs protection, go and protect them".

Indeed it seems like the job lacks any clearly defined rules besides protect the battalion and I see many ABS playing like they are CG maily because they have access to CL3 and also get the elastic restraints for some reason

4 hours ago, Triple said:

Well, If the Battalion member wanted security they would grant that permission, However most battalion (Including me) hate BSEC. 

Also don't like the idea of being "attached".

Perhaps if I said assigned it would make you feel more comfortable although it appears, like you say, that most battalion hate the BSEC so perhaps it would be better having them removed overall.

+1

BSEC should be able to follow battalion around everywhere without asking permission, being scraped off at a high CL area doesn't make sense, if you don't want protecting just dismiss the security and they leave and go to CL3 area. 

Take away the cuffs, and give them a spicy gun instead to prevent the whole CG imitation thing. 

Acting all annoyed about BSEC being around you RPing is pretty cringe.

Edited by Marm
16 hours ago, Marm said:

Acting all annoyed about BSEC being around you RPing is pretty cringe.

Not too big a fan of this sentiment, its understandable to not want some random, who is typically a mong, chasing after you while you're just trying to relax.

However, that being said, i quite like having BSEC around me, inflates my ego and honestly its fun to just have a piss about with and have an allaround good time with members of the community, so feel free to stick with me 🙂

Spoiler

-- Current CWRP IC Ranks -- 

Jedi Alchemist Sage Panzher Zheng

Detainment Droid

-- Current IORP IC Ranks -- 

Imperial Medical Command - Deputy Medical Officer

Pyke Syndicate Soldier

-- Current SWRP OOC Rank -- 

SWRP Mapper

-- Previous CWRP IC Ranks -- 
CT ####
CT PVT
CT PFC
CT LCPL
CT DCPL
CT DSGT
CT DSGTM
 CG TRP
CG PVT
CG PFC
CG LCPL
CG Medic CPL
 CG SGT
CG SGTM
CG 2nd LT
CG LT
CG Captain
CG Major
CG LTCOL
CG COL
CG T EXO
GC TRP
GC PVT
 41st PVT
 41st PFC
 41st LCPL
 41st CPL
 41st SGT
 41st SGTM
 91st TRP
91st PVT
91st PFC
 501st TRP
501st PVT
501st PFC
501st LCPL
212th PVT
212th PFC
212th LCPL
212th CPL
  104th PVT
104th PFC
104th LCPL
104th CPL
104th SGT
104th SGTM
 442nd TRP
442nd PVT
442nd PFC
442nd LCPL
442nd CPL
 Battalion Officer Cadet x2
Battalion Officer x2
Battalion Warrant Officer
Battalion 2nd LT
Battalion 1st LT
 Jedi Initiate
Jedi Apprentice
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Knight
Jedi Snr Knight
Jedi Consular
Jedi Agent
Jedi Senior Consular
Jedi Healer
Jedi Umbra
Jedi Advisor
Jedi Occultist
Jedi Mender
Jedi Alchemist Mender
Jedi Illusionist
Jedi Alchemist Sage
Jedi Ambassador
Jedi Warlock
First Jedi Elder (Sub-Path Leader)
Jedi Force Master

-- Previous CWRP OOC Ranks -- 
User
CWRP Event Planner
CWRP Senior Event Planner

-- Former IORP IC Ranks -- 
Senior Researcher - Chief of Unethical Experimentation 
68th Legion SGTM 

-- Former NRP Ranks -- 

Eiserne Front Erster Stellvertreter / Iron Front First Deputy
Eiserne Front Zweiter Stellvertreter / Iron Front Second Deputy
Eiserne Front Frontsoldaten / Iron Front Soldier
Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Panzerschütze
Rottwachtmeister der Feuerschutzpolizei

blackched.png

Its understandable to not want some random, who is typically a mong, chasing after you while you're just trying to relax.

I get that the people on the ABS and BS jobs are typically not that interested in RP, but this is a symptom of a lack of RP direction for the job.

They should have something to do otherwise what else is there other than pretending to be CG or messing about. 

Does not make sense because it is a plat vip job so that is basically giving everyone access to CL5 because ‘a battalion needs protection’ that is not gonna work.

What could work is if it would be made that the batt sec job is gonna be for ex batt members (little bit like RC auxiliary.) But this would take away the chance for the plat vip members to use the job.

You could also make it like if you have SO+ in a reg you can request batt security. Then you get some basic trainings and then you could also let them follow battalion around because they are (probably) not mingy people. You will still go away if the battalion asks you to. (Would still require vip and plat vip)

Current Rank's:
CE Commander
CWRP Senior Administrator
Past Rank's:
CE Executive Officer
CWRP Administrator

Denied

The role is being removed.

Spoiler

1075503045_Toonmk2.png.93784dcaade67633552a562ffb716a17.png

Credit to Loki for this.

Current Ranks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Admiral

SWRP Manager

212th ET

Previous Ranks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admirality - lol skipped VA m8

CE Marshal Commander

(Temp) DU Marshal Commander

(Temp) 21st Marshal Commander

(Temp) CG Vice Commander

Jedi Padawan - Like a boss

41st NCO

Fallschirmjager - Jäger

Caesar Obergefreiter

IE ET