Silent Staff Application

RP Character name(s): Silent

Steam Name: Silent

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/):

STEAM_0:1:64612498

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: UK GMT

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): Server not open to public.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: Server not open to public.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes, I speak

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: Server not open to public.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: I am on the TeamSpeak all day and use the forums all the time.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen):

Server not open to public.

State the role of staff on the server:  In my opinion staff are there on the server to act as the police. The staff will help out anybody that is in need and will stop anybody breaking the rules that were set by the Senior management team.

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+): City twenty four is one of the many cities that the combine control in the world. This City is based in Geneva, Switzerland and it is known as the royal city. It is known as the royal city because it is known as the most free city compared to all of the others for the civilians that live there in the streets. Basically the combine keep the citizens in check via oppression, if any step out of line they will be shot. I have had a look the map and it looks like there are 2 parts of it, 1 of them for combine troops and working citizens and the other for lambda and other.  There are red flags on the map, these are another use of oppression as they are similar to Nazi Germany, you can see this by the red and white flag with the picture in the middle.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?  Not Public At time of applying

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?:  Not Public At time of applying

List of all previous server staff experience: I have been Executive Staff on WGSWRP, so this means that I have tons of experience with ULX and mentoring other staff members. I have been staff on two TTT servers one being WG, I have also staffed WG Death run for a short time.

List of all previous RP experience: I have been pretty much every rank on SWRP, For example I have been Head Of Battalion and I am currently Battalion Major

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RUN_YOU_FOOL) Yes 

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/thatgardentool/) Yes

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/UNJoe/)Yes

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: I do understand

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: First of all I would teleport to the suspected player. I would then see if they were currently RDMING, if they were, I would freeze them with either my physgun or the !freeze command. I would then !bring them into an OOC area (on top of a building). The punishment list isn't available so I would warn for RDM for 1st Offence, Warn for RDMx2 For 2 kills and kick, and ban for MRDM for 3 or more kills. I can see these kills by using blogs. If the person isn't RDMING at the time I !goto them I will still !bring them on top of a building and I will check !blogs to see if they have been killing people. Depending on what !blogs says I will punish accordingly.

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction: First of all I would give the player all the relevant information on all of the factions so that they are sure what faction they would like to join. I would then send them the specific discord link so that they can apply in the relevant section.

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around: I would bring this person aside using my physgun and I would warn them for Fail RP, I would then tell them not to do it again. 

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: If they are breaking RP, I will warn them for fail RP, I will also inform their RP leaders so they can deal with it.

5 ) A player is prop spamming: Depending on the amount of props I will either !warn or Permaban

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC: I will warn them for Fail RP and if they continue I will ban them

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing: I will apologise that I cannot do anything about this and send him to the forums

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules:  I will still warn them for Fail RP and explain that they can go to the forums.

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules: I will inform my higher ups to change the rules, then they will probably be warned for attempting to find loopholes in the rules

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: I don't play WW2, but I think Tier 1 is for new players and low tier rule breakers. And tier 2 is for veteran players.

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two: In character and out of character. Metagame is using out of character information and acting on it in character

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Serious RP is no downtime and no OOC areas. Semi-serious RP is downtime and possible OOC areas

4 ) Explain the difference between PassiveRP and CombatRP, explain your view on their importance in our gamemode: Both can be used in events. Passive RP can occur all the time and doesn't require a lot of people. Combat RP can occur with a lot of people and little amounts, for example Lambda raids on the combine.

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting: A player can combat bait another player by instigating combat RP, if a player acts aggressively or provocatively against another person it may cause that person to engage in combat. In addition if they run in front of bullets that they are shooting they can then fire back as they have been shot.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP: EG /me Breaks cuffs or /me Blows up Using powers that are not available in RP in RP.

7 ) Define the term FailRP: Failing to Role play as the role that you have chosen, For example if you jump of a really big building this will be fail rp as you wouldn't survive such a fall.

8 ) Define the term FearRP:  Being held a gun at you and have to listen to orders. If you don't listen to these orders it will be considered FearRP as you must follow their orders at all time. 

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): I have watched multiple videos recently on the Half Life lore and I believe that I now have a decent knowledge of it. When it comes to Staffing experience, I have loads of it. In my opinion I know that I can help out lower ranking staff members with ULX and I know that I can mentor any Trial Moderator If needed. In addition to this I will have no need to be taught any ULX commands as its fucking easy. On SWRP currently I am active as fuck, I have 150 hours in the past 2 weeks on GMOD. This means that I will be camping that SOD shit and get loads of claims if required. Other applicants are young little kids so they are immature as shit. Nothing to that.  I am very straight to the point when it comes to giving out punishment, so for a Very serious RP server as this will be I can give out punishment without delay or bias. In addition I have no friends so I won't be bias in any sit, because I won't know who anybody is. I work well in a team, I have been a high ranking staff member before on SWRP I worked well there, till the females attacked. My strongest asset is most definitely my common sense, I seem to just have that over some of the other retards that apply for staff on HLRP. Therefore I know that I will get along with the competent members of staff and I won't be a cuck kid that gets demoted in his first week.

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least four (4) days of play time.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

Edited by Silent

1319575503_funnyblack.jpg.49682401d3502b1dc70dbf9ec3fb0a90.jpg

The Boys

- basically everything what the other replies already said, but especially Pagan

- you tend to be mingy sometimes even in your high ranks

- your answer to the question regarding City 24 shows you don't know that much about HL as Pagan already said, but it also doesn't reach the minimum word count

Because of everything that got brought up I will give a -1

3 hours ago, Sooth said:

- basically everything what the other replies already said, but especially Pagan

- you tend to be mingy sometimes even in your high ranks

- your answer to the question regarding City 24 shows you don't know that much about HL as Pagan already said, but it also doesn't reach the minimum word count

Because of everything that got brought up I will give a -1

You would know sooth

tarkov-escape-from-tarkov.gif

Ok let me say something, If I see some guy Mass RDMing I'm not gonna tp to him and start telling him about city 24. In addition you don't have to know squat to explain what a faction does, you can literally read it off your screen. The knowing all the lore side is for EP's and people that just want to know the lore more. I know enough to play the game and I can say that me not knowing what a fictional city is on a Garrys mod server won't affect how I staff the server. If we are going to start talking about effective ways of staffing, abusing your powers is probably not an effective way @Sooth. If your looking for a staff member to teach other people what to do and actually do their job then you have come to the right place. However if you are looking for a staff to hold some retards hand as they prance around the server then just deny me. Cause City 24 is a joke and everyone just copies each other for that answer because its a useless question.

1319575503_funnyblack.jpg.49682401d3502b1dc70dbf9ec3fb0a90.jpg

The Boys

16 hours ago, Silent said:

Answer the following questions in detail:

There was a reason they want you to answer those questions in detail and not a 3 word answer, so this already shows me that the Staff application is rushed and there wasnt put it much of effort, where I could already give a big -1 for 

16 hours ago, Silent said:

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): I have watched multiple videos recently on the Half Life lore and I believe that I now have a decent knowledge of it. When it comes to Staffing experience, I have loads of it. In my opinion I know that I can help out lower ranking staff members with ULX and I know that I can mentor any Trial Moderator If needed. In addition to this I will have no need to be taught any ULX commands as its fucking easy. On SWRP currently I am active as fuck, I have 150 hours in the past 2 weeks on GMOD. This means that I will be camping that SOD shit and get loads of claims if required. Other applicants are young little kids so they are immature as shit. Nothing to that.  I am very straight to the point when it comes to giving out punishment, so for a Very serious RP server as this will be I can give out punishment without delay or bias. In addition I have no friends so I won't be bias in any sit, because I won't know who anybody is. I work well in a team, I have been a high ranking staff member before on SWRP I worked well there, till the females attacked. My strongest asset is most definitely my common sense, I seem to just have that over some of the other retards that apply for staff on HLRP. Therefore I know that I will get along with the competent members of staff and I won't be a cuck kid that gets demoted in his first week.

Ok I see exactly 0 reason why you deserve to be staff than anyone else as you say : "Other applicants are young little kids so they are immature as shit." 
Ehm I know mostly all of our staff team and no one is an immature kid.
" I can give out punishment without delay or bias"  ehm wdym with that, with no delay ??? as if anyone would wait a day to punish someone
"In addition I have no friends so I won't be bias in any sit, because I won't know who anybody is."  Having no friends just tells me you are bad with people what is the exact opposite what staff should be 

ok tbh this is a very unfunny joke, and the only immature kid I can see here is you. So just dont apply for something you dont want as this is just a fun application

3 hours ago, Silent said:

Ok let me say something, If I see some guy Mass RDMing I'm not gonna tp to him and start telling him about city 24. In addition you don't have to know squat to explain what a faction does, you can literally read it off your screen. The knowing all the lore side is for EP's and people that just want to know the lore more. I know enough to play the game and I can say that me not knowing what a fictional city is on a Garrys mod server won't affect how I staff the server. If we are going to start talking about effective ways of staffing, abusing your powers is probably not an effective way @Sooth. If your looking for a staff member to teach other people what to do and actually do their job then you have come to the right place. However if you are looking for a staff to hold some retards hand as they prance around the server then just deny me. Cause City 24 is a joke and everyone just copies each other for that answer because its a useless question.

true +1

Current Ranks

IRP Super Administrator (03/10/2021 - Current)
IRP Discord Staff Manager (21/02/2022 - Current)

IC System Commander (22/11/2021 - Current)

Previous Ranks

CWRP Executive Administrator (15/02/2020 - 03/10/2021)
CWRP Event Planner (20/04/2020 - 23/06/2020)

Head Medical Officer (12/06/2021 - 03/10/2021)
GC Temp Vice Commander (30/07/2020 - 19/08/2020)
Trial Head of Battalion (29/12/2019 - 20/12/2020)

104th Executive Officer (20/12/2020 - 12/06/2021)
74th Surgeon (18/08/2018 - 02/04/2019)

GC/ST Lieutenant (31/08/2017 - 27/09/2017)