Darkusto 

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/):

STEAM_0:1:167095401

Age when applying: 19

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: 

GMT - England

Can you speak and type English fluently: 

Yes.

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 

N/A on HL - Not out yet. 

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on HL-RP: 

Civil Protection Recruit - Platinum VIP 

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: 

I do have a microphone. In combat normally mic, but in RP type. 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since:

Joined the discord since it was announced publically. 

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums: 

Average use of forums - rare use of Teamspeak. 

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen)

No warns/kicks or playtime - Server is not out yet. Can provide image of other servers warns/playtime if wanted. 

State the role of staff on the server: 

The role of staff within a server is to ensure that people are following the rules- and to help people if they require it, be if they need to know something about the server, rules, or if they are reporting another user of breaking the server rules. 

Give some context about setting of C24 within the Half Life universe (150 words+):

City 24 is a city based in Europe within the Half-life universe, it is like other cities with a large nexus, city workers union and housing for citizens. But also like other cities it too has rebels, Xen outbreaks- like headcrabs and other creatures. 
Unlike other cities City 24 has a more fanatical type of rule, with alot of propaganda and pride in keeping the city well kept, based in Geneva and full with historical proud buildings, which the city uses to give the look of comfort, civility and in a sense loyalty. Even the CP's in the city wear the city emblem- which too is different to the normal Union emblem, with the Geneva eagle proudly showing on it. 

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

Currently the rules are not out for the server- but they will be read thoroughly when release. 

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: 

Answer Above. 

List of all previous server staff experience: 

Have not been staff in any other server- Have been event staff on SCP before. 

List of all previous RP experience:

I have plenty of RP experience on SCP RP in most types of RP. I have played as research jobs, police jobs and combat jobs. Most played is internal police and investigation RP on SCP. 

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RUN_YOU_FOOL😞

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/thatgardentool/😞

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him (https://steamcommunity.com/id/UNJoe/😞

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: 

Yes.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member: 

1 ) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: 

I would claim the sit and teleport to the player- firstly asking who they are. Once I have found out who I would check logs and find the ID of the accused, and bring them both to a staff room. I would check the logs to find out whether or not the user had killed the player/players and ask for their reasoning. If their reasoning is not a valid reason to have killed people within RP I would punish them accordingly. 

2 ) You are asked by a player about how to join a faction:

I would first send them to the discord and the forums so they know where to go, and tell them that they need to apply in #in-character-role-applications, or if the future the forum post for it. 

3 ) You catch somebody not performing RP and messing around:

I would bring them to a sit ask why they are messing around- aswell as inform them that this server is serious RP, and messing about is not tolerated. I would give them a verbal but if they continue, a warning. 

4 ) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:

If a player has a rank such as CP and is not RPing as that job properly, and breaking server rules I would make sure to warn them, and as soon as possible tell the person incharge of the group they are in, and provide evidence of the rule breaking. If they continue to minge/failRP on the job I would demote them, or ask a higher-staff member to do so. 

5 ) A player is prop spamming:

If a player is prop spamming I would freeze/jail them as soon as possible to stop their prop spam. If it was clearly intended to crash the server, like big props or props known to easily crash and kill servers I would ban the user. 

6 ) Somebody does not agree with the outcome of an RP situation therefore he decides to break RP and act OOC:

I would bring the player to a sit, and I would warn him for failRP- and if he has broken any other rules- such as RDM when he went OOC, punish accordingly for that.

7 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish him however he does not agree with your decision and keeps arguing:

I would tell the player to take it to forums or to PM's if they wish to argue. If they continue to argue in OOC after the verbal I would warn them.

8 ) Someone commits FailRP but claims the specific instance of FailRP you warned him for is not explained in detail within the rules: 

I would explain to the player that what they have done is failRP, and how to them- but leave the warn in place, also telling them to take it to forums. 

9 ) A player evidently breaks a rule however he makes a good point in his defence by abusing loopholes within the rules:

I would tell the player the warn stays and if he wishes to have it removed, he should take it to the forums. I would also tell server hierarchy about the loophole, and the player. 

Answer the following questions in detail:

1 ) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier I rulebreaking is more minor, and Tier-2 is more serious. 

2 ) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming in relation with the two:

IC is being in-character, playing your role and sticking to it. OOC is being out of character, like either in a sit or in /ooc. Meta gaming would be taking something your character wouldn't know IC, or hasn't learned IC and using it- for example a player says something about where they are or something that they have done in /ooc and proceeding to use that in-character. 

3 ) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP is being in character all the time, and not messing around in character- Semi serious usually is more relaxed with people talking/acting OOC when playing. 

4 ) Define PassiveRP and explain its role and importance in a serious RP gamemode, also explain your view on the two within our gamemode:

Passive RP is roleplay that has no combat in it, like guns or melee weapons. It is usually done with /me and talking rather than fighting. RP like interrogations, general talking and working. 
To me PassiveRP is just as- if not more important than combat RP, as fighting is only one part. I think HL2RP has lots of potential for passiveRP and will do well with it. 

5 ) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

Combat baiting is the act of doing something to intentionally make someone either shoot you or attack you- it can be FailRP depending on the situation.

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

Power gaming is the act of doing something in /me or in chat that is not typically allowed or permitted to that player: For example '/me punches and knocks out [Name]'.

7 ) Define the term FailRP:

Fail RP is the act of doing something in RP that is not allowed, doesn't make sense in RP or just messing around. 

8 ) Define the term FearRP: 

FearRP is the act of not following your captors agreement- On SCP this is not following orders whilst in cuffs. Or in other servers running away/breaking out when under gunpoint. 

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words) 

I am an active player and I like to think that I can learn how all I need too quickly to be staff within the server. I like to think things through and be right- I want to make sure that those I am playing with also have fun times, and being staff will allow me to ensure that they do, and don't need to worry about rule-breakers all the time. 
I may not have experience as staff on G-Mod, but I have always tried my best to stay out of trouble and make sure others don't cause or get into trouble either. 

I would like to add that due to the server rules, and other information currently not out yet, I have gone off how I best think it should be handled- with not much guidance from the rules on how too. 

Neutral

Although the application is not detailed, is lacking the required word count in the "Lore Context" (120 words of 150 words required) and "Why you deserve staff" (143 words out of the required 250 words) question, seems to be a little rushed and is quite hard to read (kinda messy), some of the questions are answered simply and correctly, straight to the point and good answers, except these questions: 

30 minutes ago, Darkusto said:

6 ) Define Power Gaming / Power RP:

Power gaming is the act of doing something in /me or in chat that is not typically allowed or permitted to that player: For example '/me punches and knocks out [Name]'.

The definition is wrong, but you kind of went in the correct direction at the end of the short answer.

31 minutes ago, Darkusto said:

5 ) A player is prop spamming:

If a player is prop spamming I would freeze/jail them as soon as possible to stop their prop spam. If it was clearly intended to crash the server, like big props or props known to easily crash and kill servers I would ban the user. 

Prop Spam is in MOST cases a straight permanent ban from the server, if it is a misunderstanding the player can appeal their ban on the forum.

In that case I will stay neutral due to the application having some redeeming qualities in it.

Good Luck !

IC Ranks:
HL-RP:
Dr. Heinrich Oberchmann

-Civil Medical Union Medical Director

PhD & M.D. in Surgical Traumatology and Toxicology.

OOC Ranks:

-HL-RP Super Administrator

-1 Neutral

The application seems to be rushed and some of the answeres are incorrect. The others already told you the things you could improve.

Anyways, good luck!

Current Ranks
Civil Protection 04 - JURY
Former Ranks
Hauptmann und Polizeichef der Berliner Ordnungspolizei
Hauptscharführer des Inland-Sicherheitsdienst

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For someone who doesn't have any previous staff experience, you would expect a more detailed application to compensate.

Well to be honest you could write a 2000 word long application and still be shit staff.

I am prefer to keep things short and concise, as best I can. 

+1
Competent, friendly person as a whole. 

Edited by Jack Wasza

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  • Images up to 440 x 240 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 lines

• View signatures? fuck me