Bill Pill

The Cogwork Orthodoxy

SPOrth.png

Description

Spoiler

Church of the Broken God (COTBG) is an anomalous religious organization that worships mechanization and believes that flesh and life are inherently evil or "broken". Church of the Broken God believe in a god called Mekhane. There are 3 known sects: Broken Church, Cogwork Orthodoxy and Maxwellism. The Cogwork Orthodoxy augment themselves ("Standardization") with anomalous mechanical enhancements. The reason that they do this is so that they can remake themselves in the image or plan of their deity (Mekhane). Due to the extent of these augments, members of the Cogwork Orthodoxy usually emit sounds such as ticking or tapping sounds which has earned them the name "Tickers" by the other 2 sects. The Cogwork Orthodoxy stick to the technological norms of the late Industrial Revolution. The leaders of this sect are referred to as "Patriarchs". Members of the Cogwork Orthodoxy view the use of electronic or digital devices as heresy (wrong). The Cogwork Orthodoxy are very hostile towards sarkics and you could say that sarkics are basically their rivals.
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/church-of-the-broken-god-hub

Purpose

Spoiler

Previous group of CoTBG died because it either didn't have a purpose or it was pushed around by other GOI's. This version of Cogwork Orthodoxy wants to be similar to the united CoTBG except by being Cogwork Orthodoxy and RPing as one. Another reason is to counter the newly arrived sarkics.

Loadout

Spoiler

Cogwork Convert (Non WL - PlatVIP/VIP) or a conversion swep for Patriarch
Loadout: Pistols (PM or M1911), some cuffs and no raiding equipment
Slots: 2

Cogwork Follower (WL - Initiate+)
Loadout: AK-74, PM, all cuffs, iron magic  and raiding equipment
Slots: 3

Cogwork Construct (WL - Deacon+)
Loadout: Flamethrower, fists, construct repair (will not be allowed to use in combat), no raiding equipment and a spawnable armor cog in the F4 menu
Slots: 1

Cogwork Patriarch (WL - Legate+)
Loadout: Mosin-nagant, double barrel shotgun, all cuffs, raiding equipment and a crafting table (and possibly a conversion swep which would have rules)
Slots: 1

Models:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307800840
Model for the Construct:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143153546

Rules

Spoiler

Do not consume any drugs
Do not minge on the job
Do not raid 24/7 unless provoked or in a war with the group (Deacon+ can start a raid) Convert and teach people about the holy writ and Mekhane
Do not abuse sweps/glitches (tell management if glitches are found)
Do not be toxic
If you see birds don't shoot them unless they talk or you see them transform

Management

Spoiler

Owner - Bill Pill
Manager - George Leon
Vice-Manager - Mr Denny

Application Template

Spoiler

RP-name, level:
Steam ID:
Discord name and ID:
Warns:
What is the Cogwork Orthodoxy and what are their beliefs?:
What are the other 2 sects and what is their relation with the Cogwork Orthodoxy?:
Who is Mekhane?:
Who is Yaldabaoth and what is the relation between her and Mekhane?:
Briefly describe what Sarkicism is:
Explain the war of the flesh:

Spreadsheet

We will not be allies with CI instead we could be neutral with them

Edited by Bill Pill

I mean church has been on the server countless times and it is pretty much the same problem as with Sarkics. 

First of all you can't do much as a simple follower, you will need a higher up for any meaningfull RP, same as with Sarkic Cultists

Sencondly I have seen some really good Religion RP from churches and that is good, but it is really repetative, and gets boring after like 2 weeks. So unless you have a person who actually knows church lore and church characters you will only have preaches about how the world was created and how Mekhane was broken

Lastly it just tends to become this RDM group

If management or SMT are able to somehow solve the isses above I will give a huge +1 since I am a man of Mekhanite lore.

Until then Neutral

Poop

1 minute ago, Mark Kuntson said:

I mean church has been on the server countless times and it is pretty much the same problem as with Sarkics. 

First of all you can't do much as a simple follower, you will need a higher up for any meaningfull RP, same as with Sarkic Cultists

Sencondly I have seen some really good Religion RP from churches and that is good, but it is really repetative, and gets boring after like 2 weeks. So unless you have a person who actually knows church lore and church characters you will only have preaches about how the world was created and how Mekhane was broken

Lastly it just tends to become this RDM group

If management or SMT are able to somehow solve the isses above I will give a huge +1 since I am a man of Mekhanite lore.

Until then Neutral

I've been expanding my knowledge of church lore and I'm going to be inviting people at the start who can actually RP instead of just pew pew Foundation willy nilly 24/7. And yes I'll be getting people who know COTBG lore. If it actually does get accepted I would dedicate myself to keeping the group alive, good RP and also keeping it fun because having a mix of passive RP and combat RP is good in my opinion as it keeps a job fun for the members and fun to interact with as a non-member.

Neutral

Pros:

-Bill Pill as owner of church is a good choice because he has previous management of CoTBG, he did well during his time and tried his best to make the job active after it became Maxwellism. Also he got good experience with the job in general ever since Stalin owned it in like may.

-Could be somewhat interesting with Sarkics.

-Bird kos

Cons:

-Church in general what I've seen doesn't do very well and always ends up mostly shit. Either it dies or it goes full combat job with no rp (ik ik rp is hard to find) like what we saw with Maxwellism and that was a total fiasco. With Orthodoxy I see it becoming more like the full combat Maxwellism but this time it will constantly shoot every sarkite and bird that they see because they can while bringing nothing to the table.

-Bird kos

Edited by Kvisten

sexytime2.png?ex=660be28a&is=65f96d8a&hm

I again think and suggest that Bill and SMT have a convestation where he shows his point of view and plans for the group. Church was always goog at the start but it usually turned inactive/raid job so if Bill has a plan I am sure SMT will hear it

Poop

(sorry for posting on the scp section but yes)

Bill was an amazing church owner, tbh Church was probably the highlight of my time on the server, although most of it was combat RP near the end the "wtf church dead" label died out because Bill turned the job around and i highly respect him for that. Bill always had the idea of reverting the maxwellism change and sadly he was too late before he could do anything. It may sound weird for perm banned kid to be saying this but i hope this gets given another shot.

("lol puggo alt like church lol get joke xddd lololo")

Edited by Lando Lovelace

i have overdosed 4 times since being banned from scp rp

It hasn't been that long since Church was last removed and I don't really see why it would be better now. We already have CI, MCND, UIU, Sarkics and ??? I don't really see why we would need another job on the surface considering often these jobs are stretched dry anyway. Towards the end of COTBG last rendition it was nothing but a raid job and with addition of Sarkics it would just mean more shooting between the groups and even less RP.

"If you see birds don't shoot them unless they talk or you see them transform" 

Though this did make me chuckle a bit.

I am here to launder money

11 minutes ago, Nathan Kennedy said:

It hasn't been that long since Church was last removed and I don't really see why it would be better now. We already have CI, MCND, UIU, Sarkics and ??? I don't really see why we would need another job on the surface considering often these jobs are stretched dry anyway. Towards the end of COTBG last rendition it was nothing but a raid job and with addition of Sarkics it would just mean more shooting between the groups and even less RP.

"If you see birds don't shoot them unless they talk or you see them transform" 

Though this did make me chuckle a bit.

"birds entering COTBG airspace are KOS" just kidding 🙂
But seriously, If you mean Maxwellism it was gonna turn out that way anyways without a proper rework which I did try to get done but the next day it was announced church was getting removed anyways. If you mean United Church then that was out of my power really but since you say the end that's actually when sarkics left and church had no proper enemy on the surface. I think it's fun to have combat and RP but I'll try my best not to make it a clusterfuck of a construct lighting like 5 abominations on fire and all that shit because I know the community is trying to lean towards more passive RP but we can't just have passive RP all the time as in my opinion it makes a job too boring and nobody would want to play it thus making it inactive which is what happened with Maxwellism in the 1st place and I do regret that the combat did get a bit out of control but I found it a bit funny and some other people found it funny as well. If this doesn't change your mind then I'm sorry but if this does get accepted I will try and tackle all these problems that the old COTBG had. I understand that COTBG's reputation hasn't been good in the past but with the recent COTBG events and with people enjoying it, I know I did, I think the server might be willing to welcome COTBG back hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Edited by Bill Pill

+1

Simple reason, it's a GOI that gives Sarkics that element of combat they need without pissing off the containment organisation mega-alliance of Foundation, UIU and any other aligned organisation. With non-whitelist units you can also convert them which is pretty nice.

+1 i've been waiting for this for a long time, i know for a fact that this management is more than capable of doing things correctly with CoTBG

RIDE LIKE LIGHTNING - CRASH LIKE THUNDER

RIP BOZO 

-1  changing it to NEU/+1 

i love the idea of 2 opposing sides on the surface, but the surface is going to become a fuck fest with CI,MC&D,UIU,Sarkic and COTBG these are too many GOIs  on surface were its going to be fight all the time people raiding and don't forget about civs while MC&D that's basically a GOI by it self so that's why i will give it a -1 

Edited by Billy Glen
9 minutes ago, Billy Glen said:

i love the idea of 2 opposing sides on the surface, but the surface is going to become a fuck fest with CI,MC&D,UIU,Sarkic and COTBG these are too many GOIs  on surface were its going to be fight all the time people raiding and don't forget about civs while MC&D that's basically a GOI by it self so that's why i will give it a -1 

Nah its not, CI is only going against foundation and they usualy fail horribly 

next is MC&D who dont take sides and will just stay at club and do nothing as usual

UIU is fucking dead dead

Sarkics are doing passive RP ( building bars, clubs and such) and they dont raid that often

COTBG would be perfect because additional group that will make Sarkics more aggresive and will make Foundation want to come out to engage is this fight COTBG VS Sarkics, additionally UIU will maybe stop being dead and will (kill all or help COTBG) CI being CI will try to shoot foundation.

54 minutes ago, Kinqu Kyle said:

Incase anyone says that we have too many GOIs on server rn 

There is no hard limit set in the rules but , there is a limit on how many GOI's you can add before surface becomes a mess , expecially when two of these GOI's would be Sarkics and Church.

-1 I remember last time sarkics and church were on , surface was a bloodbath and it was just TDM , sarkics and church can't Rp together without shooting at each other , that is atleast how it's been in the past , and considering what maxwellist became before getting removed i don't see this working as of now.

That said , given a few weeks to let the new GOI's , expecially sarkics settle in and find their role on the server my opinion on adding church might change.

+1

I do want to see this work, with the opposition of your group to the Sarkics I would ensure that we wouldn't just murder each other on sight and cause a fucking occult war.

I believe you are a good manager, and that you will also work to ensure this, and work to bring the Church to a more reputable status

SCP-RP Positions

Sarkic Owner
24/02/2021 - 25/07/2021

20/02/2021 -> 22/03/2021

Senior Moderator
22/03/2021 -> 17/04/2021

Administrator
17/04/2021 -> 01/05/2021

Lead Group Manager
1/05/2021 -> 26/10/2021

Senior Administrator
1/05/2021 -> 12/06/2021