Bobby Bands

Bobby Bands' Discord Ban Appeal

My In-Game Name:    Bobby Bands

SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:167528487

Steam Name:  Enzyyy

What is the reason for your ban: Partial Comm Ban for exploits on HLRP discord

How long were you banned for: Perma/Many a months (Syn said last night I could appeal it anytime)

Name of the staff member who banned you: Syn

Why do I believe that I should be unbanned: I'll start off by explaining the situation looking back on it now it was an unfunny joke, but it was a joke none the less not a backdoor, no malicious attack on the server just a command that did nothing with a jokey name (Which I completely understand was inappropriate). So at the time Fcrice was the a HLRP Senior Admin and Lead Mentor, Sooth (The Discord Staff Manager) had made a mistake with the roles on the server and had given a group of people the "Manage Roles" permission on the discord, the basically means they can do whatever they want with any roles under them which Sooth did not know. Fcrice found this out and was going to tell Sooth the mistake he made and was going to show them how much it could be abused so he told me (As i was one of the people who had the edit roles for Sooth's mistake) and told me to give myself the bots role. The next part is the bit CAT got confused with, we decided as a joke to reveal to Sooth the mistake to make a command that did nothing at all and called it Sooth's backdoor. I understand looking back on it now I regret doing this it was a stupid joke and not even that funny tbh, but there was no malicious intention whatsoever, I was Admin at the time and Fcrice was Senior admin and Lead Mentor we had so much to lose. Now before anything was done or revealed Fcrice was unfortunately demoted and the command that did nothing was just forgotten about. Even after Fcrice was demoted and I resigned we did nothing with the "backdoor" at all because it was some forgotten about joke that meant nothing.

I believe what got this command found was when the @everyone role was given Administrator on the Discord. I was accused of this but I had nothing to do with this at all, as you can see from the screenshot below it must have been an accident by the Co-Founder. They then found my command and deleted before anyone even looked at it or it could be seen to actually be a back door. I am not sure why it was not looked at, but this means that accusations of a backdoor have just been thrown at me without any evidence at all. I know with everything that had went on with the discord there must have been a lot of panic so I understand why the decision was made so quickly without being properly looked into, but I feel like this punishment was extremely harsh for a command in name only that did nothing.

I understand my ban from HLRP and I'll accept WW2 and SCP if I must but I feel like the SWRP Discord ban is very harsh as I literally cannot play my role properly without it and I hold no position of power in the Star Wars Discord (and will never want to)

On the day to day basis, I need to use discord a lot for the role I have as RC Squad Leader. I use it to check absences, log medals, trainings and also just to talk to people in general, overall I was very active on the SWRP discord. All of the roles I have access to on the SWRP discord serve no purpose other than to see channels, I have no power on it and even if I did I would never abuse it in anyway due to the time I've dedicated to the server.

Evidence: Well the evidence is a bit tricky seeing as all of it was deleted before being looked at properly, so I am not sure how my guilt was even proven in the first place, but seeing it was deleted without being looked at I am not sure how I am supposed to show my innocence. I guess the only evidence I have is the audit log of it being Syn who gave everyone admin and not me. Also the fact that at the time of making the joke myself and Fcrice had so much to lose and nothing to gain from this and even when we resigned from our ranks we never even touched it because we forgot about it because it was so insignificant to use, BECAUSE IT LITERALLY DID NOTHING, IT WAS NOWHERE NEAR A BACKDOOR

https://prnt.sc/12qmtwv

+1

The command was harmless, and a talking to could have solved the situation. The jump straight to a comm ban was incredibly unnecessary. Ultimately setting up the command should at the very most have resulted in a ban from HLRP discord (even then i feel that is too much) and this is just to cover over the mistake made higher up in giving @everyone administrator.

Bobby is a well respected member of the SWRP community and due to his high profile IC role is entirely dependant on his access to the SWRP discord, keeping him from accessing it will not only hinder himself but the various operations within RC and beyond that he plays an active role in. 

AGUEROOOOO.gif

Current Ranks

[Purveyor of wet panties]

Previous Ranks

[Maddie McCann's Abductor]

[spokesman for the Jimmy Saville appreciation society]

+1

The evidence should've been looked at properly before being deleted and there should have been some effort to see some points of views on how it happened and not been rushed into head first, if enough evidence was gathered and the situation was figured out properly than it would've been a lot smoother for everyone instead of a lot of confusion and arguing, also the command did nothing and in the photo the bigger problem is the tag @everyone getting admin which is a lot bigger of a problem than and joke name on a command that did nothing.

If bobby was to be unbanned on the SWRP Discord server it would cause no harm to anyone and would actually make everything easier for everyone, he won't be in the dark for future IC things that he may need to know and he would be updated well, he is also a well known member on the server and is trusted and liked , hell all he needs to talk and see in is absence,resignations,RC/ARC section and what comes with it.

Current Ranks

Gambling Addict
McDonald's Employee

Past Ranks

Conscientious objector

nothing can stop me im all the way up!!

i beleive that this was quite a silly incident from boths sides, the discord admin and the discord troller. i think the only think that shouldve come from this is a slap on the wrist for both. a community wide ban seems VERY extreme given this was just one small incident and didnt lead to anything harmful

+1

Not sure why this wasn't looked into properly, if you make a mistake don't go  banning someone straight away but rather look deeply into the situation first and don't go blindly banning people without taking the necessary steps first. Bobby is such a good guy within the community, he is known to joke around and cause no harm with it, it was a joke and this so called "backdoor" command literally did nothing. Also seems that most of the mistakes that acquired were nowhere from being bobby bands' actions. It seems that they came from HLRP management themselves and not from fcrice nor bobby bands. The punishment is rather harsh as to ban him from SWRP discord, which is his main discord and possibly the only way to manage his IC job by logging, keeping track with ARC, etc.

Also, i don't understand how the discord staff manager doesn't know how discord works, don't get me wrong even i have sime problems with it sometimes, but, a discord staff manager? No wonder that server gone to shit, if it was planned to come out anyways.

Both sides probabky fucked up in this bit, but a "partial" community ban for some silly joke that you couldn't look thoroughly and decided to take actions quickly without thinking?

Punishment is very harsh and not needed at all, simple as that, next time try to look into the evidence and the situation thoroughly and don't take actions so quickly.

Ban was not needed at all in the first place.

+1 of course.

Edited by Victor

-Past Ranks

-No one cares

-anwarter

image0-8.gif

1 hour ago, Bobby Bands said:

My In-Game Name:    Bobby Bands

SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:167528487

Steam Name:  Enzyyy

What is the reason for your ban: Partial Comm Ban for exploits on HLRP discord

How long were you banned for: Perma/Many a months (Syn said last night I could appeal it anytime)

Name of the staff member who banned you: Syn

Why do I believe that I should be unbanned: I'll start off by explaining the situation looking back on it now it was an unfunny joke, but it was a joke none the less not a backdoor, no malicious attack on the server just a command that did nothing with a jokey name (Which I completely understand was inappropriate). So at the time Fcrice was the a HLRP Senior Admin and Lead Mentor, Sooth (The Discord Staff Manager) had made a mistake with the roles on the server and had given a group of people the "Manage Roles" permission on the discord, the basically means they can do whatever they want with any roles under them which Sooth did not know. Fcrice found this out and was going to tell Sooth the mistake he made and was going to show them how much it could be abused so he told me (As i was one of the people who had the edit roles for Sooth's mistake) and told me to give myself the bots role. The next part is the bit CAT got confused with, we decided as a joke to reveal to Sooth the mistake to make a command that did nothing at all and called it Sooth's backdoor. I understand looking back on it now I regret doing this it was a stupid joke and not even that funny tbh, but there was no malicious intention whatsoever, I was Admin at the time and Fcrice was Senior admin and Lead Mentor we had so much to lose. Now before anything was done or revealed Fcrice was unfortunately demoted and the command that did nothing was just forgotten about. Even after Fcrice was demoted and I resigned we did nothing with the "backdoor" at all because it was some forgotten about joke that meant nothing.

I believe what got this command found was when the @everyone role was given Administrator on the Discord. I was accused of this but I had nothing to do with this at all, as you can see from the screenshot below it must have been an accident by the Co-Founder. They then found my command and deleted before anyone even looked at it or it could be seen to actually be a back door. I am not sure why it was not looked at, but this means that accusations of a backdoor have just been thrown at me without any evidence at all. I know with everything that had went on with the discord there must have been a lot of panic so I understand why the decision was made so quickly without being properly looked into, but I feel like this punishment was extremely harsh for a command in name only that did nothing.

I understand my ban from HLRP and I'll accept WW2 and SCP if I must but I feel like the SWRP Discord ban is very harsh as I literally cannot play my role properly without it and I hold no position of power in the Star Wars Discord (and will never want to)

On the day to day basis, I need to use discord a lot for the role I have as RC Squad Leader. I use it to check absences, log medals, trainings and also just to talk to people in general, overall I was very active on the SWRP discord. All of the roles I have access to on the SWRP discord serve no purpose other than to see channels, I have no power on it and even if I did I would never abuse it in anyway due to the time I've dedicated to the server.

Evidence: Well the evidence is a bit tricky seeing as all of it was deleted before being looked at properly, so I am not sure how my guilt was even proven in the first place, but seeing it was deleted without being looked at I am not sure how I am supposed to show my innocence. I guess the only evidence I have is the audit log of it being Syn who gave everyone admin and not me. Also the fact that at the time of making the joke myself and Fcrice had so much to lose and nothing to gain from this and even when we resigned from our ranks we never even touched it because we forgot about it because it was so insignificant to use, BECAUSE IT LITERALLY DID NOTHING, IT WAS NOWHERE NEAR A BACKDOOR

https://prnt.sc/12qmtwv

Bobby has been an exemplar gamer and it was unfair to ban him on the basis that he simply pointed out an error in which the admin made. He made a mistake like all people do and the contributions he has made to this server far out weigh the very minor mistakes he has made in his past

Edited by French

+1

Someone makes the discord stupidly = Partial Comm Ban. Big massive brain lol. Yea he shouldn’t of done it , but how the fuck does that make it a comm ban offense

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif

+1

just looks like they wanted to cover up their mistake by comm banning people, I also believe fcrice got comm banned for this aswell from what i've heard but I am not 100% sure.

As others have said this was dealt with in a bad manner and should have been looked into across weeks to actually find evidence etc. and get to the bottom of it.

Current Ranks

IRP Super Administrator (03/10/2021 - Current)
IRP Discord Staff Manager (21/02/2022 - Current)

IC System Commander (22/11/2021 - Current)

Previous Ranks

CWRP Executive Administrator (15/02/2020 - 03/10/2021)
CWRP Event Planner (20/04/2020 - 23/06/2020)

Head Medical Officer (12/06/2021 - 03/10/2021)
GC Temp Vice Commander (30/07/2020 - 19/08/2020)
Trial Head of Battalion (29/12/2019 - 20/12/2020)

104th Executive Officer (20/12/2020 - 12/06/2021)
74th Surgeon (18/08/2018 - 02/04/2019)

GC/ST Lieutenant (31/08/2017 - 27/09/2017)

+1

Bobby is a dedicated member to WG and would not intend  to be malicious  towards any part of WG. I belive the situation is a big misunderstanding. I feel Bobby bands should be un banned because of A CAT mistake and I personally feel that the discord staff manger involved doesn’t need a medal upgrade aswelll from the situation 

Edited by Fusion365

[Past Ranks]
Trial Vice Admiral | Rear Admiral | Jedi Agent | STV Voistender des Gaugerichts | CT Trial Exo | 501st Major | RRD ResearcherGalactic  marines  Captain |  Lambda LARPER  Star wars modDark RP Senior Mod | Deathrun Senior Mod

+1 

Was a funny joke, but more importantly a good lesson was taught, if Bobby wasnt such a legend, and was actually someone hoping to do some damage there could have been much worse things that came from this situation.

Please refer to White Hat Hacking and see that even though CAT might deem it as an unfunny joke, it ultimately was for the benefit of finding potential issues.

Unban this man

+1 I mean, I believe that the Co-Founder himself remarked Bobby as a remarkable member of the community through both his prior time spent on NRP, to then staffing on SWRP and of course the IC duties which came along with, even in times of punishment Bobby has risen from the rubble with a continued effort until his departure from the SWRP staff team.

I think we all can understand the points and arguments Bobby has made and to be honest I'm questioning if he was fully heard out upon being brought infront of CAT. In my opinion if these points of argument were brought across I highly doubt such a severe punishment would have been dished out. Perhaps they were however they may have fallen upon deaf ears during the heat of the moment. Which Is understandable after giving everyone on your discord admin roles of course you want a quick easy solution to shut the issue down however it is a shame that such a dedicated member of the community was used to scapegoat this.

However once again Bobby has shown that he will stop at nothing to fulfil his duties, albeit with not many left besides his prestigious IC rank of an RC Squad Leader. Again showing that he actually cares a lot about his duties so much that it would seem senseless, almost borderline insane to throw them away over a small joke.

Then again if it was I am questioning the integrity of those involved in the process as I believe the individual which allowed this bug in the HLRP discord to be exploited was actually.. rewarded via a merit upgrade? and then tasked with trying to fix other discords in the community? this would be all well in good if the member was capable but shown by this I believe those skills should be in question furthermore it should be taken into consideration that he required aid from a SWRP SMT member to carry out this subsequent task. 

I wont argue Bobby's points for him as he has done that spectacularly himself and clearly the community believes so too.
Bobby needs the SWRP discord to fulfil his duties and in all honesty, the SWRP discord needs Bobby too.

Edit: I believe multiple parties are at fault in this situation but only one was dealt any form of punishment, Bobby didn't use a magic command to bestow every member of this discord powers to nuke it, however Syn did. Bobby did not enable the method used to make this loophole, Sooth did but yet he was rewarded with a merit upgrade and that if Bobby is to be punished in such a severe way then surely all others involved should be dealt some form of punishment, perhaps just a caution but equal mistakes should be met with equal punishments, regardless of ranks or standing with CAT. Although not directly comparable if I accidentally were to mass propkill debrief on SWRP, I'd expect the same punishment as if another player were to. If not a more severe punishment due to my duty to uphold server rules and moderate the server.

Edited by Jendo
Needed to bring up other points.

Past Ranks

[IRP Staff Manager - CWRP Super Administrator]

[IRP &  CWRP Lead MentorEvent Planner]

[Imperial Vice-Admiral, Republic Commando OS Squad Leader 'Foxtrot-60'Jedi Grandmaster Yoda]

And a bunch of other shit no one cares about...

+1
Hope he gets unbanned, a partial comm ban for a harmless joke is kinda sad, mostly because the fault of this incident is not even his.

gsp-bows.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current Ranks
Jr Developer
CF-99 Squad Leader

Former Ranks
IRP Executive Administrator
Fleet Commodore
Dark Council
501st ARC Colonel
Master of the Order
RRD Researcher

---------------------------------------------------------------

+1 
Justice needs to be served  

Current Ranks
[ Community Modeller]

Previous Ranks
[SWRP Modeller]
[Discord Staff]

giphy-downsized-large.gif

+1

It's clear that if he intended to fuck up the discord he would of fucked it up.  He should ATLEAST be unbanned from SWRP. Mans literally being stopped from doing anything server side and is a struggle.

A ban for simply a simple joke is simply outrageous. It should simply be a Ban from the HLRP discord. The server isn't even out as it is so in reality the harm caused is more or less 0. Half Life isn't even out, nor do I know if it's even still a thing since it's been quiet for so long.

Clearly what has happened is that what happened has been misinterpreted and was a clear mistake to "Partially comm ban" It doesn't quite work like that. 

He's been a long running member of SWRP and he's a right ol laugh. He is a very well and notorious GC/41st member reaching RC which as we all know a very high sought rank so it's not like he'd just go and mess around on purpose and actually go and cause harm. EX-Staff such as myself and has been a very good Temple Guard.

3upMyMans

1754889583_SolaireCoolGif.gif.2a07fd9f4961fa8af47a28222a18a035.gif

dance yoda.gif

+1

Legit did nothing wrong

Imagine giving Discord Manager to someone who doesn't know how to use discord properly bruh moment

Leeds United GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Happy Premier League GIF by Leeds United

tenor.gif

Spoiler

Current Ranks

CWRP Staff Manager

Jedi Champion

Army Commandant

Sith Initiate

Past Ranks

327th Colonel

Head of Battalion