Chapxe

Make !rules refer to where laws can be found.

Should !rules refer to where the in-game laws can be found?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should !rules refer to where the in-game laws can be found?

• It should refer to it.
    • It shouldn't refer to it.
    • All laws should be fitted together with the rules.

Below is the link that the server sends you to with the !rule command:

I want to have agency over what i want to be in-game, I should be able to pick and choose within reason to what my character knows.

It wouldn't make any sense for a law abiding citizen, to have no clue to what laws they should adhere.

Getting caught cause the rules are inaccessible is childish and  a waste of time, where as the opposite is justice.

That's why we must save peoples time and make all these rules easily accessible.

So that the time spent on this post and on the undesirable RP situations can be prevented.

Note on previously closed poll: This is a game, the laws are rules that are set to be so. Usually with GMod servers these are listed together, giving players easy access to the entire "rule-book" so to speak.

Leading up to and having now joined the Clone Guards, I've found that there are many different iterations of the law, frankly it's a bit of a mess. I suppose the laws haven't been added to the list of rules so no effort has to be put into keeping !rules up-to-date. 

!rules currently doesn't refer to the laws, laws are accessible in the CG roster section of the player roster. This is not obvious and requires some skulduggery. 

The old poll was to see whether or not others also noticed that the !rules was lacking in mentioning laws.

I didn't see a distinction between rules and laws in regards to what ought to be mentioned in a GMod rule lists. That is why the results are so one sided.

I request that !rules will refer to where the laws can be found.

Edited by Chapxe
Did a touch-up on the post, edited title and poll for better context. Cleared old poll.

image.png.dbb9b9abe49aa475bbfb2ece28814011.png

Current Ranks [CWRP]
Admiral | Reserve Medic
CWRP Super Administrator | Lead Mentor
Past Ranks
[CWRP]
CE Marshal Commander | 74th ST MD | CT TRP "4625" - CT PVT | CT DCPL
Jedi Sage | Jedi Warlock | Jedi Sentinel | Jedi Shadow Jedi Peacekeeper
 Event Planner Staff Mentor
[WW2 1943RP]
 Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Gefreiter - Unteroffizere (13/02/21 - 25/03/21)
[IRP]
ST TRP "4625" | JT Corporal | IE BFT PFC501st PFC
 Rebel Alpha Group Major
giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Atlass said:

!rules are for OOC, what shepherd put above are the rules for IC which CG enforce.

Wouldn’t really make much sense including in-character rules in something meant for OOC.

I want to have agency over what i want to be in-game, I should be able to pick and choose within reason to what my character knows.

It wouldn't make any sense for a law abiding citizen, to have no clue to what laws they should adhere.

Getting caught cause the rules are inaccessible is childish and  a waste of time, where as the opposite is justice.

That's why we must save peoples time and make all these rules easily accessible, right below the basic RP rules.

So that the time spent on this post and on the undesirable RP situations can be prevented.

Laws and rules are different. Your situation isn't anything that can be handled OOC because you broke the law IC.

I do kind of like the idea of the Laws having some kind of board posted in like a main area that everyone can see though because the law really isn't accessible unless you ask a CG Member "hey can i see all of the laws". This would definitely help new players as well. 

Current Ranks:

CT ####

Previous Ranks:

CWRP DS Commando F-80 "Scorch"

CWRP 501st ARC Colonel

CWRP 501st Temp EXO

CWRP 41st Temp ARC Major 

CWRP Jedi Operator 

TRP Arturo Huevos "The Huevos Family"

WW2RP Kompanie Caesar Gefreiter and Pionier

CWRP Event Planner

CWRP  Senior Mod

image.gif

My situation (being unwillingly clueless to the laws) can be handled by making the in-game laws easily accessible.

Edited by Chapxe
Deleted some repeats

In the CWRP Discord Server, we have a Server Suggestions channel. Please feel free to put your suggestions there and use the template provided.

image.png.5922c2a811e71b261dbae52fd457afcf.png

Current Ranks [CWRP]
Admiral | Reserve Medic
CWRP Super Administrator | Lead Mentor
Past Ranks
[CWRP]
CE Marshal Commander | 74th ST MD | CT TRP "4625" - CT PVT | CT DCPL
Jedi Sage | Jedi Warlock | Jedi Sentinel | Jedi Shadow Jedi Peacekeeper
 Event Planner Staff Mentor
[WW2 1943RP]
 Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeutschland" Gefreiter - Unteroffizere (13/02/21 - 25/03/21)
[IRP]
ST TRP "4625" | JT Corporal | IE BFT PFC501st PFC
 Rebel Alpha Group Major
giphy.gif