Lars

Lars' Battalion Application

Out of Character Section (OOC) -

Steam Name: 
Wolved

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:1:451173944

Current OOC rank on the server and / or in other communities (e.g. Plat VIP, Mod, Event Planner):
Clonewars: Security Staff/Plat VIP
Imperial: Developer

Age (Must be 14+):

What is your playtime (2+ Weeks Minimum):
1w 5d (look at "Meet Requirements" tab)

Do you have a microphone, is it good quality:
Yes, it does the job perfectly

Have you read through the Battalion Handbook, and extending documents from it:
Yes I have, multiple times

Do you meet the requirements:
I meet everything except the playtime, however this is only by a day or 2. I also used to have more playtime than this idk why its gone. I was also given permission from Cheese to apply even with not meeting the above

State all previous OOC punishment (Kicks, Bans and Warnings | Including Discord / Team Speak) and provide a screenshot of your list of warnings (Go in-game and do !warns) then provide a screenshot:
I have had a couple warns years back, but I have matured a lot since then. I went to IRP when it launched and got pretty high up, I think this proves my maturity and that I have changed since then. You can see them by pressing here.

In Character Section (IC) -

In-Game name (Regiment, Rank then your name):
41st Ranger Platoon | 41st Major Lars

Highest rank obtained (Including previous):
41st Major, CG 2nd LT

Have you ever been demoted or striked in any regiment (If so explain the reason):
Not that I remember/know of no

What is the Battalion Motto:
"Lead your men to death, honour is better than surrender."

Describe the roles and responsibilities of Battalion (100 words minimum):
Battalion is tasked with maintaining the base and overseeing everything goes well. With that comes granting and denying takeoffs/landings. Leading armies of the Republic against the enemy, and help all around the base. They should act professional at all times, and be seen as a leader. Helping the troops train and maintaining the professional standard the Grand Army of the Republic has, along with making sure they are ready for battle is a big part of battalion. Battalion is also expected to lead during conflicts with CIS and others. This means directing the battle along with the amount of vehicles being deployed/managing the regiments on where to go, all whilst making sure they don't get flanked, and not to forget the negotiations.

Why should we pick you for Battalion (200 words minimum):
I think you should pick me for battalion for my excellent abilities such as leadership skill and tactics/communication skill. A battle is not only won by the amount of troops and weaponry available, but also by the tactics of the leader. This is seen in many previous battles when other armies won even when outnumbered 4 to 1. And as said by multiple important figures throughout the galaxy's history: to know your enemy is to become your enemy. And as a member of a scouting regiment, I have seen the enemy's tactics first hand. I know how they think and how they act. Which makes me a deadly asset for the republic leadership. Other reasons on why you should pick me is how competent I am. I have had multiple setbacks with me moving up the ranks (such as not being on base for a bit), nonetheless I have achieved the rank needed to become eligeble to apply. I can also be as strict as required by certain situations, but I can be as fun to be around as possible, given the time for me to get settled around new people. And lastly I also think my previous experiences with troopers will give me an excellent idea of how to act around them, when doing trainings for example or as simple as when talking to them.

Do you understand that Battalion is a very respectable and disciplined rank?
Yes, I fully understand.

What do Battalion do during combat, when they are not leading (In detail):
You should prioritise the regiment you are supervising and assist them in any way possible. If the leading battalion orders you to aid a different regiment, you should obey it and go assist that regiment instead. As you are assisting a regiment, you cannot order them around however it is okay to tell any suggestions on where to go, for example when you are defending a certain area you can help them be more secure and well defended. It also means if you were to be supervising 41st, you wouldn't be frontlining with the sniper, you would stand back at the backline/wherever 41st is ordered and assist them with their duties, as this is a regiment who doesn't frontline naturally. And most important of all you would use common sense.

What are the 3 duties a Battalion Officer Cadet has to complete before getting promoted?
1. Hosting an open training - 2. Leading a base attack - 3. Leading a planetary and a debrief

What rank can Battalion Brigadier Promote and Demote up too:
They can promote/demote from the rank of Captain and below

Anything else?:
N/A

Previous Ranks

W-G Founder

Neutral

- Strong application, answers were to a high standard.

- Haven't had much interaction with you in game, but everything I have heard has been overwhelmingly positive.

- Playtime is a concern, which comes hand in hand with a lack of experience. Battalion have to respond quickly to any scenario which does come with playtime. You do hit requirements, however.

I wish you all the best with your application.

Senior Battalion

CWRP Moderator

Furry

1874733271_PurposeExecutionj.thumb.png.4660a1e4695b8bc8342939cedbea50ab.png

Big - 1

It's my opinion that Lars should not be accepted for Battalion at the moment. As much as he would like to join, I believe that he should prioritise his current commitments to the development of ICRP. Lars is an essential member of the ICRP development team, and there is still a lot of work left to do. Given his level of involvement in the project, I fear that if he were to join Battalion he may be distracted and might affect the progress of the project. As much as it may be tempting to join Battalion, he should take some time to focus on completing his tasks for ICRP before taking on additional responsibilities.

Edited by Jager

Also a Big -1

Lars should not be accepted as battalion due to his preoccupation with other unfinished projects. It is essential for someone in this role to be fully committed and available to the responsibilities of the position. If Lars is unable to give his full attention to the battalion, it could potentially compromise the safety and success of the upcoming release of ICRP. Additionally, it is unfair to expect others to pick up the slack if Lars is unable to fulfill his duties. Therefore, it is best to find someone who can dedicate their time and effort solely to battalion.

Please make an application when you meet the requirements.

Current CWRP Rank(s)

CG 2nd LT

Past CWP Ranks

| Battalion CPT | CE 2nd LT | 104th LT COL CG EXO | 41st MJR | MCC 2nd LT | 74th ADV R |

Answer to loon & jager

I don't believe either of you can provide any comment on my post due to it being bias either way. You still are angry since your groupchat "The Bois" got leaked and multiple people including MS got in trouble because you doxxed members of the community, leaking private messages/conversations, and much much more. I completely understand you are mad because it got leaked but don't let it all out on me because you alone are the reason that caused it, I did not send the messages for you. Then for the activity part, I have already given my word to both members of battalion & Admirality that I can balance both servers perfectly. As shown by me reaching SO without issue, having member of the week (which you need activity for) and just my activity in general. ICRP has some issues, that you are correct in, but don't forget I have both worked on IRP and played on Clonewars at the same time before. Without any issues. Oh and since u can answer me on forums but not discord, finish the medal gfx I have asked you for 4 months ago. I still need it to completely finish up the server 🙂

Previous Ranks

W-G Founder

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Please make an application when you meet the requirements.

Please read the application. I was given permission to apply by Cheese without meeting the 2 week time req. I meet it but playtime got set back for multiple people including me. 

Previous Ranks

W-G Founder

Neutral

- Good Application and good answers given to the questions. 

-You being a developer and working on multiple things at once does raise some concerns for your activity, however you did state that you could manage it. 

-Playtime is also a concern, however you did get the OK from Cheese.

I have not heard much from you or seen you much in game so I do not really have an opinion on you.

Good luck on your Application nonetheless.

Current Ranks:

Battalion Brigadier | Jedi Watchman

Previous Ranks:

CT Senior Medic Colonel | Battalion Colonel | GM ARC 2nd LT | CG Colonel

9 hours ago, Lars said:

Answer to loon & jager

I don't believe either of you can provide any comment on my post due to it being bias either way. You still are angry since your groupchat "The Bois" got leaked and multiple people including MS got in trouble because you doxxed members of the community, leaking private messages/conversations, and much much more. I completely understand you are mad because it got leaked but don't let it all out on me because you alone are the reason that caused it, I did not send the messages for you. Then for the activity part, I have already given my word to both members of battalion & Admirality that I can balance both servers perfectly. As shown by me reaching SO without issue, having member of the week (which you need activity for) and just my activity in general. ICRP has some issues, that you are correct in, but don't forget I have both worked on IRP and played on Clonewars at the same time before. Without any issues. Oh and since u can answer me on forums but not discord, finish the medal gfx I have asked you for 4 months ago. I still need it to completely finish up the server 🙂

Firstly, I would like to clarify that my previous paragraph was not biased, but rather, an objective assessment of the situation based on the facts presented. I understand that you may have other commitments, but as I mentioned earlier, it is important for someone in this position to be fully committed and available to the responsibilities of the role.

I also want to address your comments relating to our history of the Group chat. Please understand that I was simply expressing my opinion based on the information available to me and I would have done so even if you were still in 'The Bois' Groupchat. If you have any additional information that would change my assessment of the situation, I would be more than happy to hear it.

Ultimately, the decision regarding your potential role as battalion lies with those in charge. However, I hope that my assessment has provided some insight into the potential concerns that may arise if someone with other commitments were to take on such a critical role.

9 hours ago, Lars said:

Please read the application. I was given permission to apply by Cheese without meeting the 2 week time req. I meet it but playtime got set back for multiple people including me. 

My bad!!!

Neutral

- good application

- got experience on W-G

- dont see you much in game, or dont hear too much from you, allthough i have seen you before.

- being a developer and also being a battalion while also having things to not out of game.

just the 2 things at the same time concerns me the most.

the best of luck Lars!

Current CWRP Rank(s)

CG 2nd LT

Past CWP Ranks

| Battalion CPT | CE 2nd LT | 104th LT COL CG EXO | 41st MJR | MCC 2nd LT | 74th ADV R |

30 minutes ago, Loon said:

Firstly, I would like to clarify that my previous paragraph was not biased, but rather, an objective assessment of the situation based on the facts presented. I understand that you may have other commitments, but as I mentioned earlier, it is important for someone in this position to be fully committed and available to the responsibilities of the role.

I also want to address your comments relating to our history of the Group chat. Please understand that I was simply expressing my opinion based on the information available to me and I would have done so even if you were still in 'The Bois' Groupchat. If you have any additional information that would change my assessment of the situation, I would be more than happy to hear it.

Ultimately, the decision regarding your potential role as battalion lies with those in charge. However, I hope that my assessment has provided some insight into the potential concerns that may arise if someone with other commitments were to take on such a critical role.

I have given thought on the matter, and will agree with you on the activity part. I shall request this to be closed until the issues the beta had are resolved, so I can balance both even better and meet the time requirement without people having to make exceptions. However, leaking chats and calling people names are not part of expressing an opinion. 

Previous Ranks

W-G Founder

4 hours ago, Lars said:

I have given thought on the matter, and will agree with you on the activity part. I shall request this to be closed until the issues the beta had are resolved, so I can balance both even better and meet the time requirement without people having to make exceptions. However, leaking chats and calling people names are not part of expressing an opinion. 

I believe that you have made the right choice by closing the application, as it shows that you have a clear understanding of the situation and are taking responsibility for your commitments. It can be challenging to balance multiple projects simultaneously, and it takes self-awareness and honesty to acknowledge when one may not have the capacity to take on additional responsibilities.

I also want to make it clear that my opinion on you not deserving the battalion role was not motivated by hatred or any personal agenda. As someone who has worked with you before, I would never use our history together to jeopardize your position in any capacity. Rather, I was simply giving my insight into the situation based on the information available to me and I would appreciate if you wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. Just because we are friends or have been in the past, does not mean I should favour your application in any way, shape or form.

To add onto what Loon was saying, I want to make it clear that my opinion was not motivated by hatred or any personal agenda, but it's important to note that my opinion is solely based on your current involvement in the ICRP project and the potential impact that your participation in Battalion could have on it, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't draw conclusions so quickly. I hope you understand my perspective and recognise that my opinion is not influenced by any personal agenda or ill-will.

There’s so much shit wrong with these responses lol. The comments from Jager and Loon are pretty obviously based off a personal agenda and you don’t have to be Einstein to see that, especially considering the fact that who the fuck goes out of their way to minus one someone’s application because of their OOC rank and the most obvious part is that they don’t even play on the CWRP server? 

I can pretty much guarentee that they don’t actually believe the ICRP development would take a substantial hit because of Lars joining Battalion. It’s literally some sort of shit attempt to stop Lars from being accepted because of something that’s happened in the past. Being Battalion does not take up much of your time if any and even If it did so fucking what? Why should an OOC rank have any sort of impact on that garrys mod rank you get.

Oh and for the actual responses from Battalion members particularly those mentioning “Not seeing Lars enough of knowing who he is” I highly doubt anyone knew who you were before you joined Battalion. It’s not a requirement and It isn’t even needed; Im pretty sure Cole could lead effectively if he was given voice amp.

29 minutes ago, Tasker said:

Oh and for the actual responses from Battalion members particularly those mentioning “Not seeing Lars enough of knowing who he is” I highly doubt anyone knew who you were before you joined Battalion. It’s not a requirement and It isn’t even needed

Accurate, the only battalion I knew before was 104th or people that make them stand out in a bad way

CLOSED 
                                                                          Lars has decided to close his application