Atilla Szellem

STEAM ID: 

STEAM_0:1:91369379

Current In-Game time:

image.png.737bdac285416b014a2393753f1bf04f.png

Current Warnings ( Show a screenshot of your warns in game):

image.png.cb96a2b679f38070c7bbdb133c577e8a.png

[IMPORTANT INFORMATION]

1. Please list the first 3 roles of the Ethics Committee and what it is they do as part of the foundation and Site Administration?*

The Ethics Committee advises the O5 council on what is NOT acceptable and what IS acceptable, yes the O5 judges what is and what is not but we are there to advise them to proceed in different sorts of situations in a more ethical way. The foundation is cold, not evil. The Ethics Committee are also responsible for supervising the necessary and unnecessary actions that happen on site. We are here to balance the moral value and at least stay in the grey ground on the moral compass. The Ethics Committee also exists to assist any Foundation employees to do their work safely, perfectly and make things run smooth as it always should be. Of course, we are human we make mistakes but the Ethics Committee is there to guide and perfect your work so you keep the mistakes at minimum or even none. The Committee is also there to keep on eye on how containment procedures go or how Class D's are used. In all situations, resources should NOT be wasted for no reason. Such as randomly feeding Class D's to SCP 106 and calling it research or sending a horde of MTF against SCP 682. We are on site to make the Foundation stay at it's peak and make it even do better in the future. Of course.. in an ethical way.

2. Can you explain the 3 Lessons of the ethics committee and why they are important?*

1. The Foundation is NOT evil, just cold with reason.

The Foundation isn't just like ISIS but more advanced we aren't evil, we are here to CONTAIN anomalous entities let it be Keter, Euclid, or even Safe and so on SCPs. We protect humankind from these sorts of supernatural so the general population could live a happy, peaceful and not paranoid life without always being scared that some anomalous 'thing' will come and get them. We do use violence when NEEDED, but The Ethics Committee is here to do that sort of 'violence' in a more ethical way then just going out and shooting the anomaly. We use a policy called 'Harm Reduction' mostly.
2. We do NOT rule the world, we are here to PROTECT them.
The Foundation does not rule the world, we aren't some power hungry rich men trying to control the world. No no, it's quite the opposite we are here to assist mankind from all sorts of anomalous dangers that can potentially damage mankind or even earth itself. We do what's right for the world and protect them from such dangers. We are saving lives while ethically taking some for the greater good. That's why we step in, to save mankind we must do it ethically too.
3. The P in SCP stands for PROTECT.

The Foundation is looking to PROTECT; We try our best to protect our employees, guards, MTF units, researchers and so on. We also protect anomalous entities that we retrieve from the general public's eye. We protect from humanity going insane and full paranoid when they see such things in the open. The Foundation is here to protect every single man, woman, child, human on earth from the dangers of the anomalies.

3. Why do you think you should be accepted into the Ethics Committee?*

A person that knows and accepts what goes on in the foundation isn't quite ethical sometimes. We just shoot D Class for no reason, our researchers give 049 human subjects and leave him alone with it then go off call it 'research'. A man that is fascinated by what we have built over the years, but understands that there is mistakes going on that need to be fixed ASAP.  A man who is not afraid to get his point across and WILL defend the laws of ethics and morality so that we keep our resources in tact and everything smooth. A man who always stands up for the people who try their best but still quite get the hand of it, I will offer them help with their job so they can do it smoothly and perfectly with no complaints. A person who has always believed in keeping things at the best morality we can, I have never ordered a captured GOI unit to be tortured for no reason, I have never ordered to shoot 049 on sight yet I have told them to try and contain him with a non aggressive approach which gets 049 cooperating with us. 

[SCENARIO'S]

1. The SD, HoEA and SA start to contradict each other's orders thus creating casualties in the field, what do you do?:

I would call them to a conference or a meeting room immediately so we can fix this issue fast enough that more sick, wounded or even dead men don't happen in the field. I will point out that such actions are very very unprofessional and is causing harm to the facility and to the morality of the people in the field. I would firstly ask the situation and why everyone is angry at each other and try to understand the story from each point of view, then I would try to make all of us come to an agreement or solution for the greater good of the Foundation.

2. You witness a HR order a shooting of an infected personnel while he begs for his life, what do you do?:

I'd make the HR refrain from shooting the infected personnel, I'd wait it out what kind of reaction the personnel would have to the 'virus'. But firstly we should detain the infected personnel so we could perhaps finds a cure to the 'virus infection' that he has.

3. A Nu-7 unit complains to you about being picked on by his colleagues for under performing, how do you deal with the situation?

I would call the NU7 Commander, the NU7 getting picked on and the NU7 Units that pick on their fellow comrade to a room, I would talk about how morally damaging it could be and perhaps they could guide him to a better path of being doing better. I would tell the NU7 Commander to keep an eye on the "bullies" that pick on the NU7 Unit. If the NU7 Unit has any questions I'd let him ask, I will answer and guide him on the right path so he becomes a splendid MTF NU7 Unit.

4. An unknown disease broke out in Ovis City and is turning people into mindless creatures that attack and infect anyone they can get their hands on. The infection is spreading rapidly and is at risk of spreading beyond the city, the MTF can't control it any more and an Overseer is considering using the nuclear weapon to destroy the infection but the HR told you they are very close to a cure that could save the infected, what do you advise the Overseer to do?
Ok, let's see here. There's an unknown disease that broke out in the city that basically makes people sort of zombies. Now, we would block off entries to the Subway (Foundation) and put up booby traps that slow the fully turned zombie like person. I would advise the Overseer to hold the nuke for now since HR is VERY close to a cure for the city and infected personnel and I would put FULL resources for the cure to be done as fast as it could be and very effective cure too. I will order HR to keep updating me on their cure. Then I will keep close communications with MTF, the Overseer, HR/Research Department and the Medics. I would call our medical personnel to do check ups on every personnel on site to check if they have any odd differences in their body. If the cure is done we will treat the infected. If it takes too long, unfortunately we might have to click the big red button so the disease doesn't spread to nearby cities or villages.

5. 100 people are at risk of dying, if you kill 49 then 50 people will certainly survive but if you only kill 1 then there is a 33% 99 people survive. What do you do?

Unfortunately, so we keep the resources low we must take the doubt and coinflip of 33% so we can keep casualties and resources at low. If 99 people survive, that's good. If not, unfortunately we have to kill 49 others then so at least 50 survive.  We must always try to keep casualties low so I would take 33% first, since 33% is not THAT low and might happen. If it doesn't work, we must kill the rest then.

"The Ethics Committee is here to make sure to those who fight monsters, don't become monstrous themselves."

Edited by Atilla Szellem

cat-millie.gif.4cf3bb70852d28d23fcbf2aa2b659027.gif

45 minutes ago, loui1066 said:

How will i know if my app has been accpted or not. @Joe Conner

A member of management for ECM will post here a message saying if you get either accepted or denied

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

In-Game Name: Reece Islip

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:173324654

Current In-Game time: image.png.08be9d18764b0fe0539abab2efdbbbea.png

Current Warnings ( Show a screenshot of
your warns in game): (2/3 over 2 years ago.)

image.png.7c40ef2d3577a0c047d0cce869f11159.png 

[IMPORTANT INFORMATION]
1. Please list the first 3 roles of Ethics Committee and what it is they do as part of the foundation and Site Administration?*

Firstly, Ethics Committee is to limit unnecessary actions, through advising both the O5 and Site Administration. From the excessive usage of D-Class to MTF Units, to maintaining the key principles of the foundation (Secure. Contain. Protect.) and re-educating personnel in order to act effectively at their post. Due to this, good communication skills are essential too the ECM.

Secondly, the Ethics Committee conduct risk assessments to conclude the necessity of actions at a given time, the costs of an operation, assets that may be damaged or lost, or even breach possibility. Through this the optimal solution to any given issue can be provided to Chain of Command. No matter the situation, they ensure all personnel act to the best of their abilities. Minimising accidents is what matters.

Thirdly, the Ethicality of ongoing situations throughout the Facility. From 'excessive' interrogational techniques to improper treatment of personnel (D-Class and others) then it relies on the ECM to root out and deal with these issues. From re-education of these personnel or demotion, the ECM has many tools in order to carry out these tasks, and hence needs a strong knowledge of the laws of the Facility. Although communication is key before making any drastic actions.

2. Can you explain the 3 Lessons of the ethics committee and why they are important?*

1. The Foundation is not Evil:

We are protectors of the public, sealing away threats. We maintain the normality of society, by keeping away that of which is anomalous. We keep away what threatens them, and that if in their own hands, would threaten others. We are the keepers of the peace, not a necessary evil, but an essential shield to our world.

2. The Foundation are not their rulers:

We serve them without their knowledge, their safety is secured through our actions, their world protected through a gruesome, but needed job. The Foundation does not seek to be rulers, their unknowing trust is all that's required. We are thankless, for their ignorance to what we contain, is also bliss.

3. The 'P' stands for Protect.

We are not conquerors, we have no other motives. We do what we do to Protect all, Employees, the Public and the Anomalies alike. All they do is necessary, to protect. All are protected as they are all kept separate. They protect Humanity, by locking the monsters away.

3.  Why do you believe you should be accepted into the Ethics Committee?*

I enjoy communicating and working with a variety with people, and I feel within the role I will be able to do such better. I have a strong sense of empathy and have worked within most of the roles within the facility previously, allowing my experience to grand better advice. I am a quick decision maker, a confident speaker and feel I would be able to have a stronger impact on the Facility than as a Site Advisor. Furthermore, as a member of the Ethics Committee I believe it would allow me to create more roleplay scenarios more interesting for everyone.

4.  Explain in detail what the SCP Facility is and why it is important.*

The SCP Facility is a means of containment, for countless anomalous entities, from those being safe, to potentially world ending. Through this, they are able to complete two primary goals, keep Humanity safe from those kept within, and have those on the surface unaware of both the horrors kept away, and the foundation itself. Furthermore, research is conducted to allow a greater understanding of these entities, and how best to contain them.

5. If you are playing Ethics Committee and a situation has occurred with the O5 being  unethical and unlawful by ordering mass executions of high ranking members, what would you do?

First gather as much evidence beforehand as possible, to first ensure that what they have done was wrong. Next have the O5 moved into custody, then inform the required Chain of Command of what happened and why this was done.

6.  You hear that the Site Director and Head Researcher have been abusing the powers of the SCPs on site(such ass 500 and 2295), what do you do?

Have an investigation conducted into these accusations, if relevant evidence can be supplied, have them detained and contact other Committee members / O5's before taking action against them (punishment or demotion). 

7. You witness 2 Researchers wasting D-Class by throwing them into  SCP-106 for "Feeding", what do you do?

Have them detained immediately, then inform them of why what they were doing is wrong before taking action against them, that most likely being demotion.

8. While on duty a breach occurs and you have the time and option of opening 1 of 2 gates to save someone from an incoming SCP, on 1 side is a fellow ECM and O1 unit and on the other 5 junior researchers, what gate do you open and why?

The 5 researches are the priority, the Omega-1 unit is combat trained, giving them a much better chance of survival than a researcher, the preservation of life is what is key, and the lives of 2 is worth less than that of 5. The ECM would understand and do the same my situation.

image.png